Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Bounce7800 05-22-2013 11:48 PM

Those quotes must be bullshit surely. That's a massive salvo in response to jons comments and can not end well.

DestinationJovi 05-22-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrm123 (Post 1132330)

There are so many typos (Job Bon Jovi, Richie had hid say) and mistakes (Jon Bon Jovi, 50) I have a hard time believing one thing printed here other than what we've already read from other sources (like the U2 comment). So I call bullshit.

Javier 05-22-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1132338)
I really hate the "Phil deserves it" stance. As pissed off as I am about how Richie has delt with this situation, I still want him back. Bon Jovi is incomplete without him.

Phil was hired to do a job, so he deserves nothing more than the paycheck he's getting. People act like Phil is the only guy who could step in to keep this tour going. I'm certain that is not the case. He gets paid for his work and he gets to tour South Africa and Europe first class all the way on the organization's dime. He's already getting what he deserves, handsomely.

Forget what you think Phil deserves. Fans deserve a Bon Jovi show with Richie.

Fans do deserve a Bon Jovi show with Richie. But it's Richie that up and left, he's been phoning it in more than Jon for years! Other than the occasional show of brilliance, he's more consistently average than good, and it pains me to say it because the guy was my hero. Phil may not have the same feel, but he makes up for it in energy, passion and technical proficiency. The guy has been doing sessions and playing dive bars since forever, he's toured with a lot of bands but I bet this is the first time he's been playing stadiums and good for him. And I know that a LOT of guitar players could step in, maybe even do a much better job, but he's the one that did it and he's the one getting my respect (and the bands).

Living_on_my_Hair 05-22-2013 11:50 PM

Oh, how I love shitty journalism. Here's more, complete with Rolo-style photoshop attempt...

http://perezhilton.com/fitperez/2013...t#.UZ07q9jZYvw

Andi

DestinationJovi 05-22-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1132344)
Why oh why did it have to be The Daily Mail?! They even call him Job Bon Jovi in the first paragraph, waitago!

Most words we've had from Richie on the whole issue so far though, interesting...

Quote:

Jon needs to stop talking about me publicly. I am fine working very hard on my fashion company Nikki Rich and this is a private matter.'

I don't have any major problems in life right now, I love my fans and I feel bad for them at the moment. Bottom line'
'My opinion is Jon wants to see if he can pull off stadiums by himself. He is making it very difficult for me to come back.'
He added: 'Enough with the trash talking!'

:s

So last night Richie tweeted there's too much to say so he'll say nothing, but today he interviewed with British media and spilled this? I don't believe it.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 05-22-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1132344)
Why oh why did it have to be The Daily Mail?! They even call him Job Bon Jovi in the first paragraph, waitago!

Most words we've had from Richie on the whole issue so far though, interesting...

:s

But WTF?!?! That better not be true

jessycardy 05-22-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1132349)
Oh, how I love shitty journalism. Here's more, complete with Rolo-style photoshop attempt...

http://perezhilton.com/fitperez/2013...t#.UZ07q9jZYvw

Andi

Well, shit. Not Perez Hilton again, pleeease!

I'll have to quote myself here... Didn't take long:
Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1131990)
That's just a reworded sum of what already came out with the two interviews for UK tabloids a few days ago. This thing's getting closer to regain media's attention once again.

TwinFan 05-22-2013 11:59 PM

Everything in that "article" just oozes bullshit.

danfan 05-22-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1132348)
Fans do deserve a Bon Jovi show with Richie. But it's Richie that up and left, he's been phoning it in more than Jon for years! Other than the occasional show of brilliance, he's more consistently average than good, and it pains me to say it because the guy was my hero. Phil may not have the same feel, but he makes up for it in energy, passion and technical proficiency. The guy has been doing sessions and playing dive bars since forever, he's toured with a lot of bands but I bet this is the first time he's been playing stadiums and good for him. And I know that a LOT of guitar players could step in, maybe even do a much better job, but he's the one that did it and he's the one getting my respect (and the bands).

I sadly agree with this. Nothing against you Javier. That's not what I meant. :-)

I just can't believe I've gotten to the point where I'm starting to not give a shit whether Richie comes back or not.

danfan 05-22-2013 11:59 PM

If Perez Hilton said it, it must be true.

Farewell Richie.

jessycardy 05-23-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne (Post 1132345)
The picture is from today.

How do you know? Any links? I've looked it up and found nothing (which unfortunately could mean it's a pretty new picture indeed).

JoviJovi 05-23-2013 12:03 AM

I realize the daily mail is a tabloid, but do they manufacture actual quotes? I know tabloids in the US stop just short of what will get them sued (usually) and this would definitely be grounds for a lawsuit if he didn't say those words.

ezearis 05-23-2013 12:03 AM

I don't want to believe this and I know the english press isn't the most reliable source of information but, I don't know how things are up there, here in Argentina you can't made up a quote without having to pay a whole lot of money and writing a public apology.

What I'm trying to say is that saying "a source said" or "Richie said" without quotes is one thing, but they're are quoting him, saying they talked with him. Is a completely different situation!

DestinationJovi 05-23-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1132348)

Did you see a show in the beginning of this tour with Richie? I did. He didn't phone it in, he was better than I have seen him in years.

Have you seen a show with Phil? I did in 2011. And I would take Richie at his sloppiest over Phil any day. That's my personal opinion as a spectator at the live show.

No disrespect to Phil. He's obviously an experienced player and he gets the job done. But as I said, he's getting paid for his job and I don't think he deserves to finish the tour even if Richie is ready to come back just because he was able to step in.

Yvonne 05-23-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1132357)
How do you know? Any links? I've looked it up and found nothing (which unfortunately could mean it's a pretty new picture indeed).

The picture was posted without the article on twitter.

dianebonjovi 05-23-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1132357)

Did a quick google search and found the Sun's report under press:
http://www.nikkirichclothing.com/press/

jessycardy 05-23-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1132359)
I realize the daily mail is a tabloid, but do they manufacture actual quotes? I know tabloids in the US stop just short of what will get them sued (usually) and this would definitely be grounds for a lawsuit if he didn't say those words.

I honestly believe tabloids all over the world could not give two flying f**ks about anything and would rather pay some big bucks to have some major (fake) scoop. The UK gutter press got close to sign the end of Bon Jovi once and that was more than enough, they'd better stop now.

efiste2 05-23-2013 12:09 AM

I for one cant beleive that Richie would let all his fans down to concentrate on some bloody stupid fashion fad.......and with Richie saying Jon's making it difficult for him to come back, so he does WANT to come back.......I think this is what JON & RICHIE used to call the "scandalous press" , and i do hope its bullshit.......I think Richie needs to remember its the BON JOVI fans that keep him where he is today. but again I cant see him dissing all his fans to launch some fashion shit

jessycardy 05-23-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne (Post 1132362)
The picture was posted without the article on twitter.

By whom? (I apologize about the third grade, I just think it's pretty important to understand if we can be 100% sure Richie was out and about in public today for his fashion line. It would be the first time since hell broke loose on April 2nd.)

Living_on_my_Hair 05-23-2013 12:11 AM

Anyone else really disappointed with the quote that instead of saying he was busy working/playing/writing/promoting new solo music, Richie goes on about this ****ing clothing line? I couldn't give two shits about his crappy clothing line! ARGHH *puts fist through laptop screen*

Esther 05-23-2013 12:11 AM

Well if it's not a true statement from Richie, now would be the time for him to make a real statement. Not via twitter either, but this is just my opinion.

PatriciaSambora 05-23-2013 12:11 AM

With that new pic with Nikki is when I feel fool enough to wasting my time with this no respect to us fans

ceders123 05-23-2013 12:15 AM

quite clearly he just wants this thread to get to 500 pages

Yvonne 05-23-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1132370)
By whom? (I apologize about the third grade, I just think it's pretty important to understand if we can be 100% sure Richie was out and about in public today for his fashion line. It would be the first time since hell broke loose on April 2nd.)

Someone called Hannah Sambora posted this:

https://www.facebook.com/ISoRS1/posts/558953270814540:0

DestinationJovi 05-23-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esther (Post 1132372)
Well if it's not a true statement from Richie, now would be the time for him to make a real statement. Not via twitter either, but this is just my opinion.

I agree. Maybe this is the best thing that could've happened..to force Richie to make a statement.

I still don't believe this fashion line is the reason. I don't think it's all that successful and certainly not more lucrative than a Bon Jovi tour.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 05-23-2013 12:17 AM

This is getting worse by the day.... He needs to say something (officially) and that NOW.

efiste2 05-23-2013 12:19 AM

According to some shitty looking magazine thing Richie has left...........the bullshit is coming thick and fast now..........

http://perezhilton.com/fitperez/2013...t#.UZ0_gcpP8YN

jessycardy 05-23-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne (Post 1132376)
Someone called Hannah Sambora posted this:

https://www.facebook.com/ISoRS1/posts/558953270814540:0

Well, now I'm officially lost. So Nikki Lund sends a seemingly private message (no trace about it on her page) to a Richie Sambora fanpage on Facebook to ask the admin to "tell everyone" that Richie is "doing very well" and is "happy and healthy"? And that new pictures of them are coming out today (although they may not be from today, yet I think they're pretty recent nonetheless)? I just fail to understand.

KeepTheFaith2211 05-23-2013 12:24 AM

This can only force Richie to speak up now surely?

Yvonne 05-23-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1132381)
Well, now I'm officially lost. So Nikki Lund sends a seemingly private message (no trace about it on her page) to a Richie Sambora fanpage on Facebook to ask the admin to "tell everyone" that Richie is "doing very well" and is "happy and healthy"? And that new pictures of them are coming out today (although they may not be from today, yet I think they're pretty recent nonetheless)? I just fail to understand.

it is just one amazing mess now.

JoviJovi 05-23-2013 12:28 AM

If true, then Richie is a complete prick. Not even for his solo music? WTF??!! Didn't everyone basically laugh at his clothing line last time it was in the news? I am so pissed :mad:

Mysterytrain 05-23-2013 12:29 AM

So we spent pages upon pages speculating and all along, Richie left the band to spend more time launching his fashion line?! :shock:

If this is indeed the case, why was he so secretive about it for so long?

I have to say, I'm disappointed that Richie's heart doesn't seem to be in music. It's fine to have side projects, but work them around your day job. Richie's music career has lasted him over 30 years. This fashion thing has gone on for how long --3 years?

While I now understand why Jon is so pissed off, I still don't condone him alluding to Richie drinking again, if Richie is fine in that regard. Also, Jon's comment about The Edge makes more sense now, though I still think it was a low blow.

As a diehard Richie fan, his behavior with respect to this disappoints me. It also seems he's got a bit of an ego trip going: 'Jon thinks he can fill stadiums by himself.' Well, he did that back in 2011 when Richie was in rehab (and that was surely a plight with which fans could sympathize)--so why is Richie so upset about Jon's decision to continue the tour this time around? I don't know how the fashion world works, but it seems as though Nikki is the driving force behind their clothing line; is Richie's presence (in person) for a worldwide launch absolutely necessary?

Apparently he thinks so.

AnnieKTF 05-23-2013 12:31 AM

I don't (want to) believe it.
Clothing line, seriously? I don't think he's that stupid.

But he has to make statement now, this whole mess has gone too far.

jessycardy 05-23-2013 12:36 AM

I honestly think this fashion-line thing is total, utter crap. I couldn't believe it even if I was high on some pretty heavy hallucinatory shit. What confuses me is this supposedly new picture (maybe even plural pictures) that should be recent and then this message from Nikki Lund that comes out of nowhere and goes to some random Richie Sambora fanpage on Facebook. It all just doesn't make sense and I'm seriously getting a headache out of this.

Panda 05-23-2013 12:44 AM

I believe it. He's apparently happy and healthy and wants to do his thing. What better than to finish what he started with the fashion thing. Seams perfectly plausible to me.

Living_on_my_Hair 05-23-2013 12:46 AM

Maybe after the disaster that was his U.S solo 'tour' and little interest in his album, he's decided to concentrate more on this fashion crap. Which is a depressing thought. I'd be happy if he continued just making solo stuff, releasing EPs and the like online (other artists do it, making music for the simple love of making music, sometimes even just giving it away for free. He can certainly afford to do it at this point in his career).

ticos_stick 05-23-2013 12:47 AM

I'm pretty sure it's libellous to quote someone directly when no interview took place. The Daily Mail are are crude but they aren't that stupid surely. They could have covered their arse by quoting "a close friend" instead of saying Richie spoke to them.

What Richie is supposed to have said isn't the strange thing but rather the fact he would publicly speak negatively of Jon, but Jon recently alluded to Richie having substance abuse issues so who knows.

The whole thing stinks.

efiste2 05-23-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

I believe it. He's apparently happy and healthy and wants to do his thing. What better than to finish what he started with the fashion thing. Seams perfectly plausible to me.
So why do the album,why start the tour and why not just come right out and say

"I am outta here to concentrate on my fahsion shit"

I simply cant beleive he would let us fans down so badly like this, hence I think its bullshit

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 05-23-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1132392)
Maybe after the disaster that was his U.S solo 'tour' and little interest in his album, he's decided to concentrate more on this fashion crap. Which is a depressing thought. I'd be happy if he continued just making solo stuff, releasing EPs and the like online (other artists do it, making music for the simple love of making music, sometimes even just giving it away for free. He can certainly afford to do it at this point in his career).

^This. And it seems completely unlikely for this fashion crap to be true.

ticos_stick 05-23-2013 12:54 AM

Some people are taking the fashion thing too seriously. He might just happen to be working on the fashion line at the moment, he's been doing it on and off for years. It's not like he's come out and dedicated the rest of his life to making corsets.