Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   15th April 2017 - Madison Square Garden, New York, Night 2 Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69961)

Rdkopper 04-16-2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aljo (Post 1223710)
there are 3 rows in the bridge seating. the first row is where we were and it is behind a glass, great view of all the guys, check out some of my videos and you'll know what I mean.

the 2nd row is behind us obviously and also has seating. The 3rd row are the bar stools. My husband loved the view and thought it must be amazing for a hockey/basketball game.

We were hanging at the bar stools during night 1 before we got kicked out... I wasn't sure if you needed a ticket to sit there or if it was just random...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

rosa3 04-16-2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1223694)
Review Time:
So I started in one section and ended in another... Our seats weren't horrible to start... 2nd level up on Shank's side however after being where we were for the first show, it was difficult being there... Then the stars must have been lined up. While in the beer line (during Whole Lotta Leavin) a random lady comes up to me and hands me 2 upgraded tickets (actually 3 but I only needed 2) close to the section I was in the first night down by Phil, first level... It was crazy... So I stayed for a few more songs in the okay section and went down during Who Says...

It's really night and day... Even a section can change your whole view and dynamic of a show... One level up and people were sitting during the opening and even yelling at people to "sit down in front" until Jon made everyone stand for Bad Name.... The lower sections are just the opposite. You can't get anyone to sit. People were dancing. Such a different experience...

The show itself was great again... Same old vocal/setlist feedback! The vocals were fine and not horrible. The set-list blah blah blah... I don't have a problem with repeat sets, especially in different cities, I just have a problem with the choice of songs... For example, Lost Highway and Whole Lot A Leavin need to go... I was thinking that maybe Jon is trying to include more Shanks' co-written/produced/guitar driven songs in the sets...I don't know, can't figure it out... I just don't get some of these random unknown to casual fan songs like Whole Lotta Leavin... I think what's also throwing people off are the songs being sung in the same order... Something else we are not used to. Prayer could be an opener one night and a closer the next once upon a time ago... I think if Jon randomized the sequence a little more, it wouldn't be so bad... anyway...moving on...

Jon's energy was fantastic. Just watching him was making me tired. He is in incredible shape. When you're not at these shows and just reading setlists and watching select videos on YouTube, you are only judging a fraction of what's really going on... Jon is all over that stage, dancing, interacting with all the guys... Very youthful... He is definitely not sluggish in that department...

New Songs:
THINFS and Knockout have grown to be my favorite songs off this album... When they were the first 2 songs released off the album, I was worried, especially with Knockout but seeing these songs come to life as openers, they are absolutely fantastic. Jon punching the Boom Boom Boom is awesome... NYD is also a great when Jon says '****! It's great to be in a Rock n Roll Band 1, 2, 3" and then the song kicks off... WDR is kind of a dud which is disappointing... I'm glad Jon proved that he could pull it off live because I remember everyone saying that he'll never be able to but they don't do it right... The Woooo Woooo Woooo beginning comes off too whiny or something (wrong pitch) and the song needs more attitude like in the album version. Jon sings it too soft... He's whispering the beginning... Great guitar work though.... Roller-Coaster comes off great live too... Fun song and great crowd pleaser... It's the WGIGO of THINFS...

I'm disappointed that Devil and LWTG were never done at any of the 3 shows I attended...

I touched on the encore last night (a few posts back)... Captain Crash might have been played in a record time, shortest to date... which is a good thing. I hate when mediocre songs are dragged out...

And his family was not in attendance this time around!!! I guess one show per tour was enough for them!

In summary, all three shows were really great... I get why some people are down with the sets and vocals but I can honestly say that Jon still does it better than most... Maybe not nearly as good as his younger years but he's still a great performer... He's got the energy, knows how to work a crowd, and 2.5 hour shows are still impressive... I'll rate this show 8.5 out of 10. A few better songs in the set would make it a 9.5.

I want to believe that these 29 Arena shows are just warm-ups for a bigger and better Stadium tour to come. Especially in Europe...

What's next for Jon until the 2nd leg? I don't think it's happening this summer because I'm sure tickets would have been on sale by now... Does he start writing the next album?

I think Jon and the band are going to take a long and well deserved break, and next month he has not one but two graduations, both Stephanie and Jesse.

bonssong 04-17-2017 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1223689)
You don't know much about Jon. He won't go on if he's forced to play small theaters.

Also, the issue isn't his change of vocals. It's the detereation of them.

Who mentioned small theatres...
I am well aware Jon doesn't want to play small theatres.
Isnt a change in vocals the same as deteriotion.
Never mind.I know why I don't comment on these forums.

cqleonardo 04-17-2017 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1223689)
You don't know much about Jon. He won't go on if he's forced to play small theaters.

Also, the issue isn't his change of vocals. It's the detereation of them.

small theaters? what in the ****ing ****? Metallica tours everywhere every year, James can't sing like he used to, Lars can't play shit, Rob is a puppet on stage and they still sell out venues even on the freaking moon. Same thing with Bon Jovi and they don't tour every year, if Jon after this tour takes 1 or 2 years off, the next tour will sell everything.... again

Captmorgs 04-17-2017 04:02 AM

Saturday Night (including the restart). Great job on the videos aljo! I think he improved on Saturday Night between Greenville and last night at MSG.
https://youtu.be/70ak07fYzdY

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bruce11981 04-17-2017 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1223690)
I enjoyed both MSG shows a lot out of the 7 shows I saw this leg, they were my favorite. The vibe of the garden always make those shows special. I enjoyed this leg and call me whatever you want, deaf, dumb, Jon apologist, yada, yada and I'll live with those labels lol! Where else can you wear fringe!!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...511ef471f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If all the ladies looked like Deb at the show I'd be hitting up 20+ shows a tour too.

steel_horse75 04-17-2017 09:47 AM

There will be no uk tour this that's for sure as tickets would've been on sale by now. Tickets normally go on sale about 9 months before the shows over here in U.K.

Rdkopper 04-17-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1223720)
There will be no uk tour this that's for sure as tickets would've been on sale by now. Tickets normally go on sale about 9 months before the shows over here in U.K.

I heard next year...

KeepTheFaith2211 04-17-2017 12:30 PM

Last time I saw Bon Jovi in the UK the stadium was less than half full, so maybe the demand just isn't there anymore. This was four years ago now of course so there has been a bigger gap than usual.

Rdkopper 04-17-2017 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1223725)
Last time I saw Bon Jovi in the UK the stadium was less than half full, so maybe the demand just isn't there anymore. This was four years ago now of course so there has been a bigger gap than usual.

I never heard of this...