Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   THINFS Tour ProShots (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70382)

liljovi93 07-10-2019 02:01 PM

Brilliant performance of Blood On Blood. Loved it when I was there too. Can see me and a few mates a few times dancing at the back of GC haha.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 07-10-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1256891)
https://youtu.be/_-hSsO9bwOw

Enviado de meu LG-M250 usando o Tapatalk

meh, I didn't like this one >_< lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1256894)
Blood on Blood - 2019 This House Is Not For Sale Tour (Live from Wembley) - YouTube

Still miss the "and I like it" after the "Im just a singer in a long haired Rock N Roll band" line.

One of JBJ's favorite songs from New Jersey, I used not to like it in recent years... but now I noticed this particular one sounds good (I really enjoyed it in Dusseldorf and this video of Wembley looks good too.)

I saw these ones in youtube, but I don't know yet if there are complete ones posted:

This House Is Not For Sale (Spain 2019)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oviB...ature=youtu.be

Raise Your Hands (Spain 2019)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGQ6...=youtu.be&t=37

Tictoc 07-10-2019 04:11 PM

Those YouTube videos are so auto tuned that I switch them off after a minute.

Jon is a fraud.

BJFan99 07-10-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 1256902)
Those YouTube videos are so auto tuned that I switch them off after a minute.

Jon is a fraud.

Right? That's what I've been saying since the Philly version of Prayer was released last fall...

Rdkopper 07-10-2019 04:34 PM

Is there any other choice???

I don't think it's Auto Tune. That's that distorted sounding thing that most singers sing into today. I think it's a note corrector. The same thing they use in studios on albums

Supersonic 07-10-2019 06:35 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1256906)
I don't think it's Auto Tune. That's that distorted sounding thing that most singers sing into today.

No, that's not what auto tune is. Autotune has nothing to do with a distorted sounding thing most singers sing into. Autotune is just a name for automatic tune correction while pitch correction is done manually. Your distorted sounding thing is just autotune used to a much heavier extend than what many others do in combination with other vocal effects.

With these Bon Jovi video it is autotune, or probably even a little bit of both.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

rolo_tomachi 07-10-2019 07:12 PM

Who the hell cares, BJ live are finished for me. I'm just waiting new music from the studio.

I'm curious how far it will repeat the same with Shanks, and another curiosity, if the new album does not get a number 1 and sinks, will it replace John Shanks? maybe a new producer?

Captain_jovi 07-10-2019 07:59 PM

I think the quality will have nothing do with first week sales. It's going to chart fairly high and then drop of exponentially as the weeks pass. It always does.

Shanks has been at the helm of Bon Jovi album sales dud after sales dud after sales dud and the stress of finding a new producer guru this late in the game for probably one or two more albums ain't worth the hassle.

rolo_tomachi 07-10-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1256916)
I think the quality will have nothing do with first week sales. It's going to chart fairly high and then drop of exponentially as the weeks pass. It always does.

Shanks has been at the helm of Bon Jovi album sales dud after sales dud after sales dud and the stress of finding a new producer guru this late in the game for probably one or two more albums ain't worth the hassle.

Mmm. Maybe you're right, even so, despite being predictable and somewhat boring, I want new music, I always find a couple of right songs on each album.

Captain_jovi 07-10-2019 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1256918)
Mmm. Maybe you're right, even so, despite being predictable and somewhat boring, I want new music, I always find a couple of right songs on each album.

Me too, man, me too. My days of seeing multiple shows on tour are over. A few songs per album I'll never get sick of and the memories are enough for me now.

jon-flp 07-12-2019 06:09 PM

Wanted Dead or Alive, Live from Wembley:

YOVANAfromPeru 07-12-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1257024)

The camera only focuses to JBJ, PX, TT and DB.

PS I like the sun... -_-

bonjovi90 07-12-2019 08:23 PM

So all the essential people are focused. Okay, they could show Hugh a few times as well, I give you that.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

ajf33 07-14-2019 10:49 AM

Blood on Blood @ Wembley

YOVANAfromPeru 07-15-2019 12:22 PM

This House Is Not For Sale (Belgium 2019) https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2019/07...op-tw-classic/

meh almost nothing

jon-flp 07-15-2019 03:08 PM

It's My Life, Live from Wembley

BJFan99 07-15-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1257140)

It's a bit better than some of the earlier videos. The autotune is obviously still audible, but it's not quite as "in your face" as on RYH or BOR, for example.

james_d 07-15-2019 09:14 PM

It's weird how much Jon has deteriorated since Wembley. Obviously he's still pretty average here but it's still miles better than now.

BJFan99 07-15-2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1257165)
It's weird how much Jon has deteriorated since Wembley. Obviously he's still pretty average here but it's still miles better than now.

Never mind Wembley, I'm shocked how much he's deteriorated since Düsseldorf... I think he pushed his voice too much there and f*cked his chords (or whatever was left of them there) up again :(

james_d 07-15-2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1257166)
Never mind Wembley, I'm shocked how much he's deteriorated since Düsseldorf... I think he pushed his voice too much there and f*cked his chords (or whatever was left of them there) up again :(

Yeah it really is worrying, hope it's not permanent otherwise he's ****ed

DavetheGodofKeys 07-16-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1257165)

I don't think the break after Coventry was good for his vocals. He was doing well for his current standards in the UK , and after that the break came, so he has to pick everything up from scratch yet again.

BJFan99 07-17-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1257184)
I don't think the break after Coventry was good for his vocals. He was doing well for his current standards in the UK , and after that the break came, so he has to pick everything up from scratch yet again.

I don't think that's the reason. His vocals in Düsseldorf were (at least partially) even stronger than at Wembley and it was probably one of, if not the best show of the whole THINFS tour in terms of vocal quality and consistency so far. I think he simply blew out his cords once again and, as usual, it'll take quite some time for him to recover (if he even manages to do so anymore, considering how rough his vocals were even at their current "best").

bonjovi90 07-17-2019 02:53 PM

I actually really went back to some performances from Jakarta 2015 and they were miles better than today. His timing was actually okay (like on Who Says) and the band noticeably better, too.

By now, I feel pretty confident that Jon had something done to his voice in late 2015/ early 2016 that just went wrong. His respiratory control has gotten significantly worse and the voice clipping wasn't there to that extent beforehand. I assume he had done the same procedure (with the same failure) as Paul Stanley (who had openly admitted to having tried to fix some issues by surgery). Probably Jon had been forbidden to speak for x amount of time and didn't keep up with it. The old Bonnie Tyler story... :D

steel_horse75 07-17-2019 05:09 PM

https://twitter.com/bonjovi/status/1...383387648?s=21

New one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jon-flp 07-19-2019 03:09 PM

Always, Live from Wembley:

liljovi93 07-19-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1257377)

Tico ****ing Torres.

Unbelievable.

james_d 07-19-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1257379)
Tico ****ing Torres.

Unbelievable.

Probably my favourite solo from Phil this tour too. Brought back great memories of a very fun show.

YOVANAfromPeru 07-19-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

https://s14.postimg.cc/5ap6h9x8h/pucca_enojada.gif
>_< lol

Rdkopper 07-19-2019 04:07 PM

Gosh I love autotune:

Bon Jovi as a band lost their two biggest assets... Richie's guitar and Jon's voice... It doesn't get shittier than that. However this performance of Always does prove that there is still some of that magic left.

Phil (and Tico) are just monsters...

One can argue that Phil doesn't have that same passionate delivery as Richie when it comes to Bon Jovi solos for obvious reasons that don't even need to be discussed, but that solo from Phil still gives me the chills every time I watch it. He definitely earns his paycheck and just gets better and better.

Even with the autotune, it's still not a perfect vocal by JBJ, however it does prove to me that with a little more vocal improvements, Jon can become listenable again...

Bon Jovi might be dead as a live bootleg band and we could all cringe at some of the filler songs that get played each night but going to a show is still an experience and Jon is still an incredible front man... I've seen a lot of shows this summer and Bon Jovi still bring it like no other...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

DavetheGodofKeys 07-19-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

I like how a lot of the people in the YouTube comment section are completely oblivious to the fact that this is highly doctored. I even had to reply to a guy who thought that his bootleg of the same performance sounded different. Hmm, I wonder why?

bonjovi90 07-19-2019 05:23 PM

The best thing here:
"Now I can't sing a love song the way it's meant to be..."

True word, Jon, true words! :mrgreen:

Xavi 07-19-2019 05:45 PM

The "moment" of the tour.

james_d 07-19-2019 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1257390)

You're not wrong there, that and a few songs from Dublin night 2 for me

DavetheGodofKeys 07-19-2019 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1257390)

Dont forget the moment where he was very energetic and was smiling!

bjcrazycpa 07-19-2019 11:54 PM

THINFS Tour ProShots

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1257379)
Tico ****ing Torres.

Unbelievable.

So agree with you Jay!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roll 07-20-2019 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1257388)
The best thing here:
"Now I can't sing a love song the way it's meant to be..."

True word, Jon, true words! :mrgreen:

That's funny because I always wonder if he takes the next lines for himself now :
"Well I guess I'm not that good anymore
But baby that's just me"

Otherwise I know this Always is autotuned for I listenend a lot to the bootleg version of the performance. Can you guys detect autotune without comparison between both versions ?

Supersonic 07-20-2019 08:20 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1257419)
Otherwise I know this Always is autotuned for I listenend a lot to the bootleg version of the performance. Can you guys detect autotune without comparison between both versions ?

Yes. If he's in key, it's autotuned. If he's off key it's a bootleg. :p

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

ticos_stick 07-21-2019 04:40 AM

I can't quite get my head around how autotuned Jon sounds in these official videos. I f*cking hate autotune. I don't necessarily care that it's cheating but it just sounds weird to me and ruins these videos.

The Always performance didn't really make me feel anything. Phil's outro solo sounded pleasant in places but it didn't reach a satisfactory climax, it was meandering and lacked balls which the song needs. Tico was the one providing the energy and emotion which I love to see.

Tico for president.

Rdkopper 07-21-2019 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1257502)
I can't quite get my head around how autotuned Jon sounds in these official videos. I f*cking hate autotune. I don't necessarily care that it's cheating but it just sounds weird to me and ruins these videos.

The Always performance didn't really make me feel anything. Phil's outro solo sounded pleasant in places but it didn't reach a satisfactory climax, it was meandering and lacked balls which the song needs. Tico was the one providing the energy and emotion which I love to see.

Tico for president.

If this was 2013, I'd agree but considering the situations, this is a masterpiece!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

faith1985 07-21-2019 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1257502)

Tico for president.

I actually prefer this one:

I agree with the solo. I thought it was good but it did not reach the level it should to make it perfect. And yeah, Tico it our HITMAN again:)