Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

rolo_tomachi 09-21-2020 09:31 PM

S&M2 by Metallica leaked 10 days before.

jimmyjovi89 09-21-2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pudge104 (Post 1267134)
It came out September 11th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are totally right 😂

YOVANAfromPeru 09-22-2020 02:12 AM

Jon looking a little weird
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFaEoGVAzTl/

jovifan93 09-22-2020 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1267137)
Jon looking a little weird
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFaEoGVAzTl/

What do you mean? Looks perfectly normal to me.

YOVANAfromPeru 09-22-2020 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1267138)
What do you mean? Looks perfectly normal to me.

Just his eyes at the beginning of the video.

jovifan93 09-22-2020 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1267139)
Just his eyes at the beginning of the video.

Well, he was rolling his eyes, making fun. But nothing strange...

kleman 09-22-2020 01:26 PM

So where are the snippets ? Its only 10 days from album release....

Demonbred 09-22-2020 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kleman (Post 1267144)

Just over 2 days from now here in Australia on Friday should be first listen for me. That's what happened with the Biffy Clyro album anyway

liljovi93 09-22-2020 02:08 PM

I'm wondering how it will chart in the UK. THINFS had a lot more promotion (still not a great deal but it had adverts at least) and went to number 5 which is really low for the band as everything since New Jersey went top 2 in the UK until Burning Bridges which went in higher than THINFS.

I'm not sure what else is out on the same week. I think Queen live CD is so I think that will go to number 1 as that's had a fair bit of demand.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 09-22-2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kleman (Post 1267144)

I hope there are no snippets. They tend to be a false representation of the songs. 30 seconds in shitty quality is not the way you want to be introduced to a song.

I want the intro, verses, chorus, and outro

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

groover22 09-22-2020 03:04 PM

2020: The New Album

Sorry if already known, but on Amazon, they have the Japanese issue of 2020 listed, and the 2 bonus tracks are ‘Luv Can’ and ‘Shine’. Like I said, sorry if old news as I’ve not been keeping up.

Edit: I could have sworn these two tracks were already on the album list? Have they been replaced by two new ones?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 09-22-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groover22 (Post 1267148)
Sorry if already known, but on Amazon, they have the Japanese issue of 2020 listed, and the 2 bonus tracks are ‘Luv Can’ and ‘Shine’. Like I said, sorry if old news as I’ve not been keeping up.

Edit: I could have sworn these two tracks were already on the album list? Have they been replaced by two new ones?

Exactly. They were the original tracklist and then dumped for American Reckoning and Do What You Can.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

groover22 09-22-2020 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1267149)
Exactly. They were the original tracklist and then dumped for American Reckoning and Do What You Can.

Thank you. I knew I’d seen them listed before. Japanese edition it is then. Customs will be happy. [emoji17]

JoviForever 09-22-2020 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1267146)
I'm wondering how it will chart in the UK. THINFS had a lot more promotion (still not a great deal but it had adverts at least) and went to number 5 which is really low for the band as everything since New Jersey went top 2 in the UK until Burning Bridges which went in higher than THINFS.

I'm not sure what else is out on the same week. I think Queen live CD is so I think that will go to number 1 as that's had a fair bit of demand.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I think it will be lucky to be Top 10 over here. Amazon has it at No 13 as it stands and dosen’t even have a track listing which is hardly going to help! I’ve never known an BJ album to be released with so little fanfare. I’ve not heard anything about radio or tv interviews coming up unless it will all be next week.

bonjovi90 09-22-2020 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1267152)
I think it will be lucky to be Top 10 over here. Amazon has it at No 13 as it stands and dosen’t even have a track listing which is hardly going to help! I’ve never known an BJ album to be released with so little fanfare. I’ve not heard anything about radio or tv interviews coming up unless it will all be next week.

Similar situation here in Germany. Amazon lists it at No 16 in Rock Music (pre-order list) and at No 52 for music orders in general. No track lists, no album information whatsoever. The last albums pretty much all entered at No 1 in Germany, I have a feeling this one will completely fall under the radar. There's nothing on their supportive radio stations here either who usually make a lot of promo in terms of playing a current single in constant rotation and announcing the album's release.
I'm starting to think that Jon's approach with all of 2020, from the title to the theme of the songs, is so USA-focused that he simply doesn't care how it fares in the rest of the world.

Supersonic 09-22-2020 08:02 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1267153)
I'm starting to think that Jon's approach with all of 2020, from the title to the theme of the songs, is so USA-focused that he simply doesn't care how it fares in the rest of the world.

I think Jon is fully aware of how reception to the new stuff has been and has also come to understand how no promo will save this record. Although it is indeed very USA-focused there's been absolutely no buzz in America either when it comes to the new stuff. And who can blame them? There's been 2 decades of "I'm going to live my life everyday" songs so you can't just expect the world to start to listen to you once you do have something to say.

This time around there's no world tour to promote the songs. Going by the doctored performances on iHeart it's clear a live performance on the talkshows won't do them any favours either. Limitless won't win over any fans and that live rendition of Unbroken with the army was cringe-worthy as well. And while a lot of countries have slowly started to go back to normal America is still on its ass so there's no way of telling when the band will actually be able to go back on the road. By the time the band will be touring the album will be off everyone's radar already so it's a lost cause. It's too early for a new greatest hits so what is he to do?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

rolo_tomachi 09-22-2020 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1267154)
Aloha !

I think Jon is fully aware of how reception to the new stuff has been and has also come to understand how no promo will save this record. Although it is indeed very USA-focused there's been absolutely no buzz in America either when it comes to the new stuff. And who can blame them? There's been 2 decades of "I'm going to live my life everyday" songs so you can't just expect the world to start to listen to you once you do have something to say.

This time around there's no world tour to promote the songs. Going by the doctored performances on iHeart it's clear a live performance on the talkshows won't do them any favours either. Limitless won't win over any fans and that live rendition of Unbroken with the army was cringe-worthy as well. And while a lot of countries have slowly started to go back to normal America is still on its ass so there's no way of telling when the band will actually be able to go back on the road. By the time the band will be touring the album will be off everyone's radar already so it's a lost cause. It's too early for a new greatest hits so what is he to do?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Open the vault for a couple of years. It would be an option for any band. But I don't think we'll get another box set until 2023-24.

So I predict that Jon will have a plan b, I guess he will release in 2021 an EP with some songs that maybe did not make the album or even compose new songs for this purpose, with a single catchy simple and so he can promote the Tour. If this works, and keeps them afloat, they could repeat the play in 2022 for a tour of Europe, releasing another EP.

Captain_jovi 09-22-2020 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1267156)
Open the vault for a couple of years. It would be an option for any band. But I don't think we'll get another box set until 2023-24.

So I predict that Jon will have a plan b, I guess he will release in 2021 an EP with some songs that maybe did not make the album or even compose new songs for this purpose, with a single catchy simple and so he can promote the Tour. If this works, and keeps them afloat, they could repeat the play in 2022 for a tour of Europe, releasing another EP.

This makes the most sense, yeah, we'll probably have something new in time for the tour but I don't think even they know when that'll be so it's next to impossible to plan out that timeline. I don't envy musicians right now at all.

rolo_tomachi 09-22-2020 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1267157)
This makes the most sense, yeah, we'll probably have something new in time for the tour but I don't think even they know when that'll be so it's next to impossible to plan out that timeline. I don't envy musicians right now at all.

Uncertain times, the film industry is also having a hard time.

sundaymike 09-22-2020 10:04 PM

Judging by the snippets Lower the flag is the most interesting sounding song on the album. The rest is meh, quite disappointed by Beautiful drug. Guess I have to wait until the whole songs are available to make a valid judgement.

Adam D 09-22-2020 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sundaymike (Post 1267159)
Judging by the snippets Lower the flag is the most interesting sounding song on the album. The rest is meh, quite disappointed by Beautiful drug. Guess I have to wait until the whole songs are available to make a valid judgement.

Where did you hear them?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

candidomtz 09-22-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Where???? Apple Music?

jimmyjovi89 09-22-2020 10:32 PM

Anyone found any?

Captain_jovi 09-22-2020 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyjovi89 (Post 1267162)
Anyone found any?

If no one has posted about it, nope.

It's not in iTunes or amazon or the official website.

jimmyjovi89 09-22-2020 10:35 PM

So someone else just lying for the sake of it ...yawn

Rdkopper 09-22-2020 10:49 PM

Quote:

Cough *Bullshit*

bonjovi90 09-22-2020 11:34 PM

They could be up in Australia already. We've had these scenarios a couple of times before.

bonboy25 09-22-2020 11:34 PM

Theyre not up in NZ, had a look around on amazon au and couldn't see it

Alphavictim 09-23-2020 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1267157)

It's especially rough on "legacy acts", as in: old bands with an old target audience. Jon has been doing some stuff on Insta, but he's obviously not a part time social media personality. Acts whose primary source of buzz was always on the net have a much easier time adopting to the Covid thing, whereas BJ primarily used the internet to sell shirts for $50 on their web store.

Side note: American XS was a weird time. I don't have my Bounce CD with me, but what was on there, like, at all?

Captain_jovi 09-23-2020 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1267168)
It's especially rough on "legacy acts", as in: old bands with an old target audience. Jon has been doing some stuff on Insta, but he's obviously not a part time social media personality. Acts whose primary source of buzz was always on the net have a much easier time adopting to the Covid thing, whereas BJ primarily used the internet to sell shirts for $50 on their web store.

Side note: American XS was a weird time. I don't have my Bounce CD with me, but what was on there, like, at all?

Was Bounce AmericanXS? For some reason I thought it was around 2004ish it started?

Captain_jovi 09-23-2020 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonboy25 (Post 1267167)
Theyre not up in NZ, had a look around on amazon au and couldn't see it

Same, I've checked itunes and Amazon for NZ, Australia, Japan and Sweden which looks like where the user is from and I got a whole lot of nothing.

bjcrazycpa 09-23-2020 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1267169)
Was Bounce AmericanXS? For some reason I thought it was around 2004ish it started?

Definitely Bounce. I was still living in NC definitely prior to be being transferred to NYC which was 2004.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 09-23-2020 03:33 AM

I remember entering the access number in bonjovi.com to become a member of American XS (it was Bounce), anyway I couldn't get any "special mixes" or "unreleased tracks".

jon-flp 09-23-2020 03:35 AM

If I remember correctly, one of the "rarities" in American XS (and it was in Bounce), was the Bitter Wine eletric version.

Enviado de meu SM-M305M usando o Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 09-23-2020 04:34 AM

Thanks guys, that era must have blended together in my head!

Rdkopper 09-23-2020 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1267174)
If I remember correctly, one of the "rarities" in American XS (and it was in Bounce), was the Bitter Wine eletric version.

I remember that... They gave us a bunch of songs as a Christmas gift in '02.

Do It To Ya, Gimme Some. And couple live tracks. I'd have to go into my vault and find the live tracks...

I had one of those portable CD burners and I remember plugging that thing into my computer to record the streams. I used to record audio from YouTube that way too when it first came out in 2005. I have two of those large tubes of CDs with just recorded streamed songs.

Captain_jovi 09-23-2020 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1267177)
I remember that... They gave us a bunch of songs as a Christmas gift in '02.

Do It To Ya, Gimme Some. And couple live tracks. I'd have to go into my vault and find the live tracks...

I had one of those portable CD burners and I remember plugging that thing into my computer to record the streams. I used to record audio from YouTube that way too when it first came out in 2005. I have two of those large tubes of CDs with just recorded streamed songs.

I think that's why my brain is melting the two eras together, I feel like we got Do It To Ya and Gimme Some around the time of the box set. Am I going nuts?

Rdkopper 09-23-2020 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1267178)
I think that's why my brain is melting the two eras together, I feel like we got Do It To Ya and Gimme Some around the time of the box set. Am I going nuts?

I think you're correct. I originally had 2003 (maybe 2004) written and then I changed it to 2002.

I think American XS launched as a ticket thing in 2002 and then the songs came a year later in December 2003... Probably box set leftovers.

Captain_jovi 09-23-2020 05:23 AM

https://drycounty.com/content/news/article854.html

There we go, now it makes sense.

jon-flp 09-23-2020 05:32 AM

I picked up my Bounce CD, that I bought in 2002 (you can see the year in the picture). It's in portuguese, but It says that it was a ticket thing, but it says too that we would have access to unreleased track and lives perfomances recorded. And I remeber they annoucing that Bitter Wine - eletric version was available on the site around 2002. But I can be wrong, my memory is not that good hahahttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...5f106fb7c9.jpg