Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

efiste2 10-13-2013 06:30 PM

from 60,000 adoring fans in a stadium to 60 in a dept store.....Come on Richie WTF :confused:

Sissy3 10-13-2013 07:12 PM

I think some of those people way in the back were just regular shoppers. And if you want a good look at his messy hair, check out Getty Images. :shock:
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...hoto/184260945

JoviJovi 10-13-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1154620)
Found this on FB, seems to me a pretty good size crowd for a mall event that was 3 hours late getting started. IDK - I wasn't there - IF it had been close, maybe even with my distain for how Lund has interfered in too much music related I would have gone to see for myself so to speak. Couldn't look at her long. :rolleyes: I miss the Sambo music man. As to those shirts, I would have been all over one - but I'm shameless - TO A Point. I couldn't have resisted the chance to brush that hair in back given the chance. Why did no one till him?? Headrest or hat hair.

I am sure once they got there, everyone in the store, including those just there to shop went to see what was going on.

JoviJovi 10-13-2013 07:23 PM

Also, I've seen some of the pics with fans and Richie and Nikki and at least 90% of them are way outside of the NikkiRich demographic (that's about as nicely as I can put it.) So I'm not sure what was really accomplished. The items are so basic and so overpriced that, unless they're rich, they won't even be buying as gifts. I am sure the sambora t shirts will sell though but I don't think that was their business plan.

Supersonic 10-13-2013 07:32 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1154627)
Also, I've seen some of the pics with fans and Richie and Nikki and at least 90% of them are way outside of the NikkiRich demographic (that's about as nicely as I can put it.) So I'm not sure what was really accomplished. The items are so basic and so overpriced that, unless they're rich, they won't even be buying as gifts. I am sure the sambora t shirts will sell though but I don't think that was their business plan.

Richie has shown himself to be incapable of actually doing decent promo work for his own record, which is supposed to be his turf. Now he's working in an era he's not familiar with and it kind of shows how little he knows about doing proper promo work. It's a joke, and the fact that no media actually picks up on him kind of shows how little interest there is in general.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

DestinationJovi 10-13-2013 07:37 PM

Everyone there had him signing their music related memorabilia. I didn't see any photos of him signing their NikkiRich dress!

Those were Bon Jovi fans. I wonder if anyone had the balls to ask him what was going on.

rolo_tomachi 10-13-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1154630)
Everyone there had him signing their music related memorabilia. I didn't see any photos of him signing their NikkiRich dress!

Those were Bon Jovi fans. I wonder if anyone had the balls to ask him what was going on.

Maybe this child, who knows, they are more honest than adults.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4639/7izq.jpg

Sissy3 10-13-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

The picture of the man with his young son, holding a guitar, is what confirmed in my mind, that a lot of these people were there to see Richie Sambora currently/formerly(?) of Bon Jovi, and not there to buy Nikki's overpriced clothing. That's why Nikki hitched her fashion wagon to his name recognition. OK the kid in the picture is the one who's dad was holding the guitar, which I assume he wanted signed.

golittleperson 10-13-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Von Maur has one of their jackets on the web site now, $138. Now I have paid more than that a few times for a nice jacket but my personal economy is not as good now either, not alone in that. As to their "demographics" - per their N/R site a US L is a 10-12. The average US female is a 14. There was no XL listed on the jacket I saw and It looked like a Jr. cut. I'd be afraid IF I wanted it, to order it. Their target does seem to be more Jr. or Hollywood thin.

I think it was Sassy3 who had the link to that hair. OMG. I know he gets a lot of flack but remember when someone told him the video for Every road would be great if his hair was blond? He had very dark hair young and that took some bleach, then he went back lighter brown very soon after. Women probably know where I'm going here - unless you really work at it - the hair is dry and destroyed. Add he's 54.

Lastly, Did he really have to take Sean Borg?? More tacky press to follow I assume. :confused:

golittleperson 10-13-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1154633)
The picture of the man with his young son, holding a guitar, is what confirmed in my mind, that a lot of these people were there to see Richie Sambora currently/formerly(?) of Bon Jovi, and not there to buy Nikki's overpriced clothing. That's why Nikki hitched her fashion wagon to his name recognition. OK the kid in the picture is the one who's dad was holding the guitar, which I assume he wanted signed.

Definitely agree. But, if you go back a few pages, I suspect that is also why interviews would not be scheduled separately. Saw on FB, one fan who was there said she ask if he would be back and he said "maybe."