Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

bonjovi90 10-14-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1154705)
Richie's pocket is full of money, 30 years touring, WAN sucks so hard, he wasn't really in the project...

This is where it all started. During the promo and first tour shows it was blatantly obvious how psyched Richie was when kicking into solos of the old songs and how bored out of his mind he looked on songs like BWC (either in London or Stuttgart you could really see it when he went to change his guitar after the song). Jon, who at that point seemed to believe in the album (something he doesn't to do for more than 3 months these days), noticed that and at some point during the final shows of the first leg the two got into a fight when the CEO demanded more dedication from Richie on the newer stuff. Richie probably replied that he doesn't care much for the predictable crap on WAN since Jon didn't care about him working on the record and rather made it while he was occupied with his solo stuff. At the end of the row they parted with Jon telling Richie that until he doesn't stand 100% behind what the plays on stage he could as well just stay at home. That's what he did...and hence Jon's statement about him not really being surprised when the call came...

Captain_jovi 10-14-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1154706)
This is where it all started. During the promo and first tour shows it was blatantly obvious how psyched Richie was when kicking into solos of the old songs and how bored out of his mind he looked on songs like BWC (either in London or Stuttgart you could really see it when he went to change his guitar after the song). Jon, who at that point seemed to believe in the album (something he doesn't to do for more than 3 months these days), noticed that and at some point during the final shows of the first leg the two got into a fight when the CEO demanded more dedication from Richie on the newer stuff. Richie probably replied that he doesn't care much for the predictable crap on WAN since Jon didn't care about him working on the record and rather made it while he was occupied with his solo stuff. At the end of the row they parted with Jon telling Richie that until he doesn't stand 100% behind what the plays on stage he could as well just stay at home. That's what he did...

But are you saying that as theory or something that you know?

bonjovi90 10-14-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1154707)
But are you saying that as theory or something that you know?

It's all theory, like the last 700.000 pages in this and any other forum...
But thinking about it...it makes a hell lot sense to me...

Becky 10-14-2013 08:32 PM

Maybe we should include something about "Fan Fiction" in the title of this thread. It seems to have more of that than facts.

wichi850262 10-14-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1154710)
Maybe we should include something about "Fan Fiction" in the title of this thread. It seems to have more of that than facts.

The facts ended after the first page. None of us knows anything....fact! ;)

The Rock 10-14-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

This is where it all started. During the promo and first tour shows it was blatantly obvious how psyched Richie was when kicking into solos of the old songs and how bored out of his mind he looked on songs like BWC (either in London or Stuttgart you could really see it when he went to change his guitar after the song). Jon, who at that point seemed to believe in the album (something he doesn't to do for more than 3 months these days), noticed that and at some point during the final shows of the first leg the two got into a fight when the CEO demanded more dedication from Richie on the newer stuff. Richie probably replied that he doesn't care much for the predictable crap on WAN since Jon didn't care about him working on the record and rather made it while he was occupied with his solo stuff. At the end of the row they parted with Jon telling Richie that until he doesn't stand 100% behind what the plays on stage he could as well just stay at home. That's what he did...and hence Jon's statement about him not really being surprised when the call came...

This was written like it's fact.

Stiggy 10-14-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

i believe this to be close to my theory cos ive seen with my own eyes how bored richie looks for 2 past tours now.. yeh i realize he should not have agreed to tour..however jon rushed the tour before WAN was released.... & jon himself say he will give 2 years from touring... & why didnt jon use WAN for his solo album + tour ?

rolo_tomachi 10-14-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiggy (Post 1154714)
i believe this to be close to my theory cos ive seen with my own eyes how bored richie looks for 2 past tours now.. yeh i realize he should not have agreed to tour..however jon rushed the tour before WAN was released.... & jon himself say he will give 2 years from touring... & why didnt jon use WAN for his solo album + tour ?

You look like a newbie on this forum, is a very easy question. The success and fame, my friend. He does not want to be smaller than Bon Jovi. Remember Destination Anywhere.

SadieLady 10-14-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

This makes as much sense as anything but if Richie has been trying to come back (agreeing to Jon's terms) and Jon has been standing in his way, there is something else going on. I am guessing that Richie is legally prevented from performing elsewhere during legs of the tour except perhaps during the breaks. Hence him not performing and promoting Aftermath. More and more I am leaning from "who knows" to "who cares." I wish him well in or out of the band and refuse to hate on either him or Nikki. It will be interesting what Jon and the band members decide to do down the road and as a fan it may result in some kick ass creativity.

Gabriel Shoes 10-14-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1154708)
It's all theory, like the last 700.000 pages in this and any other forum...
But thinking about it...it makes a hell lot sense to me...

It truly makes sense.