Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

luceknight 10-15-2013 06:54 AM

" The only certainty is that I will be in Brazil with Bon Jovi in ​​2013"

ohrly.

and one thing abt that theory of Richie not giving a **** abt the new album. Didn't he co-write the songs? How can he be so bored of a thing he made?
I don't think it's the album, I think it's the tour itself.

And yea, all we can do is theorize here since we don't have any real information.

bonjovi821 10-15-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luceknight (Post 1154741)
" The only certainty is that I will be in Brazil with Bon Jovi in ​​2013"

ohrly.

and one thing abt that theory of Richie not giving a **** abt the new album. Didn't he co-write the songs? How can he be so bored of a thing he made?
I don't think it's the album, I think it's the tour itself.

And yea, all we can do is theorize here since we don't have any real information.

Unless my memory is failing, I'm pretty sure Richie only has writing credits on 4 or 5 songs? Or some low number like that.

rolo_tomachi 10-15-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi821 (Post 1154742)
Unless my memory is failing, I'm pretty sure Richie only has writing credits on 4 or 5 songs? Or some low number like that.

The Circle (2009) - all songs co-writing by Sambora.

What About Now (2013) - 5 songs co-writing by Sambora; Because We Can, Pictures of You:), What's Left Of Me:D, Army Of One and Thick As Thieves;).

Jon trampling Richie's album, wrote a lot of shit with John Shanks and Billy Falcon. All for not wait to Richie, he was recording his third solo album.

"What about now" is an album that feels rushed, poorly produced, and little creativity. The album should have been postponed until June 2013.

IML88 10-15-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1154706)
This is where it all started. During the promo and first tour shows it was blatantly obvious how psyched Richie was when kicking into solos of the old songs and how bored out of his mind he looked on songs like BWC (either in London or Stuttgart you could really see it when he went to change his guitar after the song). Jon, who at that point seemed to believe in the album (something he doesn't to do for more than 3 months these days), noticed that and at some point during the final shows of the first leg the two got into a fight when the CEO demanded more dedication from Richie on the newer stuff. Richie probably replied that he doesn't care much for the predictable crap on WAN since Jon didn't care about him working on the record and rather made it while he was occupied with his solo stuff. At the end of the row they parted with Jon telling Richie that until he doesn't stand 100% behind what the plays on stage he could as well just stay at home. That's what he did...and hence Jon's statement about him not really being surprised when the call came...

I'd go along with this. When Jon says "personal issues" he doesn't mean family, drink/drugs etc he means a personal issue with the new material. WAN is about as close to a JBJ solo album as we've had under the Bon Jovi moniker, combine that with Richie being ousted from his newly found solo groove and no wonder he got arsey.

It will have be no surprise for Jon he left because he won't have been fully on board with the album or tour in the first place

RonJovi 10-15-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1154747)
The Circle (2009) - all songs co-writing by Sambora.

What About Now (2013) - 5 songs co-writing by Sambora; Because We Can, Pictures of You:), What's Left Of Me:D, Army Of One and Thick As Thieves;).

Jon trampling Richie's album, wrote a lot of shit with John Shanks and Billy Falcon. All for not wait to Richie, he was recording his third solo album.

"What about now" is an album that feels rushed, poorly produced, and little creativity. The album should have been postponed until June 2013.

On KTF, Richie has credits for Faith, Sleep, In These Arms, If I Was Your Mother, Blame it on the Love and Little Bit of Soul. That's only 6 out of 12 and he isn't on a lot of the big songs (I Believe, Bed of Roses and Dry County). This situation isn't unique to WAN and the thing WAN and KTF have in common is that Richie was off doing solo stuff during the writing process.

I agree that WAN is rushed and a rehash of a lot of stuff done previously but it's not unusual for Jon to write for a band album without Richie.

rolo_tomachi 10-15-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1154749)
On KTF, Richie has credits for Faith, Sleep, In These Arms, If I Was Your Mother, Blame it on the Love and Little Bit of Soul. That's only 6 out of 12 and he isn't on a lot of the big songs (I Believe, Bed of Roses and Dry County). This situation isn't unique to WAN and the thing WAN and KTF have in common is that Richie was off doing solo stuff during the writing process.

I agree that WAN is rushed and a rehash of a lot of stuff done previously but it's not unusual for Jon to write for a band album without Richie.

About Bed of Roses and Dry County, the work of Sambora on guitar is fantastic, he deserved a credit. Jon wrote bed of roses on piano, but in my opinion, that song is Big, thanks to the guitar intro and his solo. Dry county is a similar case. I think the same with I'm With you, the guitar solo is very good.

A great team effort.

RonJovi 10-15-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1154751)
About Bed of Roses and Dry County, the work of Sambora on guitar is fantastic, he deserved a credit. Jon wrote bed of roses on piano, but in my opinion, that song is Big, thanks to the guitar intro and his solo. Dry county is a similar case. I think the same with I'm With you, the guitar solo is very good.

A great team effort.

Fair point actually. Richie is more visibile on that record than WAN when you look at the likes of BOR or DC.

Point stands though that Jon has written songs without Richie before. Take Hearts Breaking Even as another example. Richie went to LA, came back and Jon and Desmond Child had finished the song.

rokenrola 10-15-2013 12:55 PM

I knew it,solo album and selfpromotion is the main reason why he's off the band,he will regret it big time for that,he is nothing without bon jovi!

rokenrola 10-15-2013 01:00 PM

he signs T-shirts,low low low,there is no money in fashion Samboraaaaa

rolo_tomachi 10-15-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1154754)
Fair point actually. Richie is more visibile on that record than WAN when you look at the likes of BOR or DC.

Point stands though that Jon has written songs without Richie before. Take Hearts Breaking Even as another example. Richie went to LA, came back and Jon and Desmond Child had finished the song.

Ok. But Sambora is present in this new album.

5 songs co-writing by Sambora:
Because we can
Pictures
Left of Me
Thick as Thieves
Army

Fantastic guitar solos by Sambora:
I'm With You
Into the Echo (good backing chorus).

Only I have problems with What About Now, The Fighter, Because We Can and Amen. boring.