Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

luceknight 10-17-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1154932)
Both (Jon and Richie) should make solo albums. And it would be great coincide in the same year.

yes and then they can fight through lyrics like John and Paul.
yes.

:(

Gabriel Shoes 10-18-2013 12:08 AM

Let's imagine this:

You're 15, and you're dad is never home. Your birthday, your graduation, etcetera because he is touring to please some assholes in a fan board.

With time maybe his family got sick with this. That justify his trip with his daughter to Europe, maybe it was planed way before since they're suppoused to be doing a break. Then, your "boss" call you up one day and says he's tired of his vacation in Bahamas and he'd releasing another record/tour.

Honestly, if I was him, after 30 years touring, I'd tell my boss to suck my dick. But hey, if I was his son, I would do the same.

Jayster 10-18-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1154926)
I'd much rather have a new Richie solo album than any band output of the moment. Sure, AOTL wasn't a musical in revelation by any means, but I felt much more sincerity in some of the songs than I've done in Jovi albums in the last 5 or more years.

Agreed. It's nice to have something extra musically than the same old tired Jovi recipe. Lyrically I appreciate some honesty and rawness which we haven't really had from the band since 1995.... unless you count Whole Lot of Leavin'.

liljovi93 10-18-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heart†1154943
I was at an early March show and at the end of the show, during the final bows, it struck me that I had never seen the entire band, every single member, appear to be more happy. For me, it was probably the best show that I had seen. Was third row, looked right into Richie and Jon's eyes, they seemed so... happy. Everyone seemed incredibly happy. Like everyone else, I would love to know what happened?

(I was also able to get a little hand touch from Richie, I looked straight in his eyes, again - he appeared to be genuinely excited/happy.) The only reason I'm writing this reply is because the entire band seemed to be on the same page, and thrilled to be together playing a show, it had never been more obvious, at least for me.)

On a side note, the last time that I checked, the only Richie cam pic still on his Twitter feed was of this show. Interesting or not...

Sad to hear that R is doing the fashion/mall thing, really weird.

I'm sure they were. It only takes one thing to kick off something that could of been going on for years.

I remember before 'What About Now?' came out, I was saying something wasn't right with Jon & Richie as were a couple of others and then when the 'Because We Can' video came out and we seen them with their arms around eachother etc... it changed my mind slightly. Obviously, a lot of this was fake and just for the cameras.

I want a Jon solo album. I'm sure if he put his heart into it and didn't go for the radio friendly hit, he could pull off something great.

rolo_tomachi 10-18-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luceknight (Post 1154954)
yes and then they can fight through lyrics like John and Paul.
yes.

:(

Sambora is Lennon

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8397/0ur7.jpg

Jon is Paul

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/5963/hsgr.jpg

;)

luceknight 10-18-2013 05:49 AM

yea you got the idea

united17 10-18-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1154956)
Let's imagine this:

You're 15, and you're dad is never home. Your birthday, your graduation, etcetera because he is touring to please some assholes in a fan board.

With time maybe his family got sick with this. That justify his trip with his daughter to Europe, maybe it was planed way before since they're suppoused to be doing a break. Then, your "boss" call you up one day and says he's tired of his vacation in Bahamas and he'd releasing another record/tour.

Honestly, if I was him, after 30 years touring, I'd tell my boss to suck my dick. But hey, if I was his son, I would do the same.

I'm 18, my dad's been away for a lot of my life 'cause he does Business Development which involves taking his company into new markets and either setting up shop or starting a joint venture or acquisition. He's on the road at least 4 days in a week but when he gets a break he takes my mother and I on vacations, sometimes just me for bonding but it's quite tough as I'm not used to having him around so often and after our trip, he's back for a day before heading on the road again. I guess you get used to it.

Bounce7800 10-18-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1154956)
Let's imagine this:

And yet this 15 year old has an awfully good life thanks to the proceeds of pleasing these assholes on a fan board, so that argument is total nonsense. If the old man has to go to work, then he has to go to work to pay the bills like the rest of us in this world. Plenty of kids have parents away on work, split up or dead.

If he wanted the time off so desperately he could have spoken with Jon like adults to sort it out rather than ended up in the stupid situation pissing away 30 years of goodwill.

steel_horse75 10-18-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1154932)
Both (Jon and Richie) should make solo albums. And it would be great coincide in the same year.

same week release. FIGHT!

Sissy3 10-18-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1154979)
And yet this 15 year old has an awfully good life thanks to the proceeds of pleasing these assholes on a fan board, so that argument is total nonsense. If the old man has to go to work, then he has to go to work to pay the bills like the rest of us in this world. Plenty of kids have parents away on work, split up or dead.

If he wanted the time off so desperately he could have spoken with Jon like adults to sort it out rather than ended up in the stupid situation pissing away 30 years of goodwill.

And apparently he and his kid have no problem with him still being gone, only this time for a fabric promotion tour. Oh wait, free clothes for her. ;)