Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

DestinationJovi 10-25-2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sambos apprentice (Post 1155305)
have it on good authority that richie has some health problems. Jon and him are on good terms...the same artistic bickering that there always is...but richie isnt in the best place right now.

don t shoot the messenger

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1155325)
Heard the same thing. Richie is not well at the moment, things are not good. The band are on his side if he wants them to be.

What are the health problems you heard he has?

Jon and the band don't seem so supportive and on his side. If he's truly ill I would hope they would be, but remember Jon said in press conferences "Richie just didn't show up" in a pissed off manner. And said when Richie is ready to die on stage like Jon is every night he can come back. Doesn't seem to be on Richie's side to me.

JoviJovi 10-25-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1155327)

Jon and the band don't seem so supportive and on his side. If he's truly ill I would hope they would be, but remember Jon said in press conferences "Richie just didn't show up" in a pissed off manner. And said when Richie is ready to die on stage like Jon is every night he can come back. Doesn't seem to be on Richie's side to me.

It's been almost 7 months. It probably started out as just like that, Richie just didn't show up and things evolved from there.

rainsong 10-25-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

There is such a thing as tough love with a person who has an addiction problem/ personality. Sometimes you have to just set boundries and when the addict is ready to try you are there to help them but as long as they insist on destroying them selves, you have to leave them on their own. They have to know that they are responsible for their own actions and consequences to their continued bad behavior.

The Rock 10-25-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

When was the press conference? Things are said, things change. Even Richie has said that things are great. They are not.

nrm123 10-25-2013 10:28 AM

IF richie was ill and everyone is getting along. why aren't the band(Jon) using that to gain back respect. They put up a message on social media/website when Tico had op so why not mention Richies illness is the reason he's still not shown.

IML88 10-25-2013 10:40 AM

If he was ill in the true sense I doubt he'd be making public appearances and i'm sure the rest of the band would have been more sensitive, informative and supportive towards the situation.

If he's ill in the sense he's fallen off the wagon then sure - i believe that.

Captain Walrus 10-25-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1155321)
That baby's got great hair! :) Precious! I read somewhere that his name is Xavier Joshua.

Xavier Xenidis? Thats quite an awesome name right there!

DestinationJovi 10-25-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1155335)
When was the press conference? Things are said, things change. Even Richie has said that things are great. They are not.

Of course things aren't great. No one needs inside scoop to know that. But you said Richie has health issues and the band is on his side. If you mean he's drinking and/or doing drugs, that's obvious. But Jon has obviously had it with him and this same "personal issue". I'm sure they're on his side in that they wish him the best but they are not on his side being especially supportive like they were previous times. Richie isn't even mentioned at shows anymore, it's like he doesn't exist. Last time Jon dedicated Wanted to Richie at every show while he was in rehab. Not this time.

9:00 mark

golittleperson 10-25-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 1155347)
Xavier Xenidis? Thats quite an awesome name right there!

His middle name is Joshua after a friend of Phils who was killed recently. He has a pic on instagram and said that originally their son was not going to have a middle name but they had decided to give him this one. Was really sweet. But he also said that he would be born this week so I wonder if she had labor induced. Either way, really pretty baby.

New Phil Tweet addition:
Speaks for itself;

Phil X ‏@TheRealPhilX 9m
so hard to leave our new little dude @ my beautiful @jetblacksky8 this morning but the show must go on. http://instagram.com/p/f5dEN9wivu/

golittleperson 10-25-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsong (Post 1155334)
There is such a thing as tough love with a person who has an addiction problem/ personality. Sometimes you have to just set boundries and when the addict is ready to try you are there to help them but as long as they insist on destroying them selves, you have to leave them on their own. They have to know that they are responsible for their own actions and consequences to their continued bad behavior.

You are right, I sincerely hope it is all wrong but I don't trust his current "friends" for lack of a better word. Dependent personality (addicts) often gravitate to their enablers. They can struggle with self responsibility. Recovery is such a precautious time and any little thing can throw it off. You DO eventually draw a line in the sand for Your Own Sanity, no matter how much you love that person. My mother went through rehabs 5X - It's ugly folks. I adore Richie and hope everyday he has it together and that it's something completely non heath, physical or mental related. Just all of it breaks my heart to even think it.