Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

rolo_tomachi 10-27-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1155480)
Aloha !

But you've got no idea whether the band has offered to help him but Richie decided to ignore everyone's advice and decide that he knows better. Ever since he got divorced from Heather he's gradually been looking worse every year, has become sloppier and quite a bore from the guitar hero most fans used to think he was. If anything, Richie's been showing that he's quite a cluster**** nowadays, and when it all comes down to it he bailed on them, not the other way around.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Hey, nobody's perfect. I'm just saying he deserves every opportunity. It's easy to turn your back on a friend with trouble and forget about it when it's a nuisance.

Captain_jovi 10-27-2013 05:36 PM

So Richie does it - Hey no ones perfect. Jon does it - White devil.

liljovi93 10-27-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1155482)
Hey, nobody's perfect. I'm just saying he deserves every opportunity. It's easy to turn your back on a friend with trouble and forget about it when it's a nuisance.

Do you just not read what people say?

Seb was saying that the band may have give all the advice/help Richie needed but he is too stubborn and didn't listen and thought he could do it all by himself. HE walked out on the band.

Of course, that may not be what happened but that is what Seb was saying COULD have happened.

rolo_tomachi 10-27-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1155484)
Do you just not read what people say?

Seb was saying that the band may have give all the advice/help Richie needed but he is too stubborn and didn't listen and thought he could do it all by himself. HE walked out on the band.

Of course, that may not be what happened but that is what Seb was saying COULD have happened.

It's possible. But I do not see Jon saying good things about Richie. That comment about The Edge is so poisonous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1155480)
Aloha !

Ever since he got divorced from Heather he's gradually been looking worse every year, has become sloppier and quite a bore from the guitar hero most fans used to think he was.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Add too, that he is not as good guitarist, but it's common these days, are 30 years with Bon Jovi, many guitarists of great rock bands have the same or even more fails than Richie Sambora. Jon also has his vocal problems, but we want to keep.

I hate a future with Bobby and Phil, I can not even with this current tour.

Sissy3 10-27-2013 05:55 PM

Just when I think Rolo can't surprise me anymore with his comments......:rolleyes: Besides, there's a big difference between your child and a friend, no matter how close that friend might be.

rolo_tomachi 10-27-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1155486)
Just when I think Rolo can't surprise me anymore with his comments......:rolleyes: Besides, there's a big difference between your child and a friend, no matter how close that friend might be.

That's not the difference. The reality is that Jon think that Richie is just a defective part that causes problems over time, and is easy to replace. The sad part is that most fans feel the same.

Javier 10-27-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1155488)
That's not the difference. The reality is that Jon think that Richie is just a defective part that causes problems over time, and is easy to replace. The sad part is that most fans feel the same.

How do you know how Jon feels and doesn't feel?? The real sad part is that you are pretending to know the real truth and are ready to condemn a man and a band for carrying on a show and tour when their guitar player didn't show up. That's all we know, the guy didn't show up, the guy is looking worse for wear, the guy is talking in incomplete and illogical sentences and the guy clearly doesn't want to be there because my guess just as anyone else, if he wanted to be at the shows, he wouldn't have left the tour in the first place.....

rolo_tomachi 10-27-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1155489)
How do you know how Jon feels and doesn't feel?? The real sad part is that you are pretending to know the real truth and are ready to condemn a man and a band for carrying on a show and tour when their guitar player didn't show up. That's all we know, the guy didn't show up, the guy is looking worse for wear, the guy is talking in incomplete and illogical sentences and the guy clearly doesn't want to be there because my guess just as anyone else, if he wanted to be at the shows, he wouldn't have left the tour in the first place.....

There are millions of supporters of Jon. I'll always be on the side of Richie, no matter if he screwed up. I'm just saying he deserves every opportunity.

golittleperson 10-27-2013 06:38 PM

I keep trying to tell myself that Richie is just off tour - but still a part of the band. :(
Then I see things that are not IMO just gossip trash rags looking for press and I hate it. This is from the DreamFoundation official press release:

"The evening’s festivities will be held at The Bacara Resort & Spa in Santa Barbara, Calif., where celebrities and distinguished guests will enjoy a night of heartwarming stories, innovative cuisine and live entertainment including Richie Sambora, American rock guitarist legend and formally of Bon Jovi, .."

Javier 10-27-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1155492)
I keep trying to tell myself that Richie is just off tour - but still a part of the band. :(
Then I see things that are not IMO just gossip trash rags looking for press and I hate it. This is from the DreamFoundation official press release:

"The evening’s festivities will be held at The Bacara Resort & Spa in Santa Barbara, Calif., where celebrities and distinguished guests will enjoy a night of heartwarming stories, innovative cuisine and live entertainment including Richie Sambora, American rock guitarist legend and formally of Bon Jovi, .."

I wouldn't take that so seriously. Nothing's confirmed, and even if it was, I have no doubt that he'll be back in the band. For the next album/tour cycle which could be a few well years off. Money talks, and these guys have been through a lot of years together, it's only logical. On the bright side, if you are a solo musician looking to record your first album/EP out in California, Richie is now gonna be that much cheaper to hire as a session player :p....