Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

SadieLady 11-01-2013 03:56 AM

Wish we all could just fast forward 2-3 years and see what is happening with the band. GEEZ LOUISE you think this thread will STILL be going on?

My bet is that the band will be together again with RS and there will be at least 1 possibly 2 more world tours. If RS doesn't return, I think Bon Jovi as a touring band with Phil X will go on and have 1 possibly 2 more world tours. What will be interesting in this scenario is if Phil X will influence a more rock sound to the next CD release.

Jayster 11-01-2013 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadieLady (Post 1155676)
Wish we all could just fast forward 2-3 years and see what is happening with the band. GEEZ LOUISE you think this thread will STILL be going on?

My bet is that the band will be together again with RS and there will be at least 1 possibly 2 more world tours. If RS doesn't return, I think Bon Jovi as a touring band with Phil X will go on and have 1 possibly 2 more world tours. What will be interesting in this scenario is if Phil X will influence a more rock sound to the next CD release.

like he had a rock influence on Kelly Clarkson's and Adam Lambert's albums that he played on?

He would have zero influence.

Sissy3 11-01-2013 04:25 AM

Quote:

I personally would have no problem with this and have wondered myself what sort of influence, if any, he would have in the long run.

Gabriel Shoes 11-01-2013 04:53 AM

Hope some of you are satisfied now. What Richie said was what I've been saying since page 2.

You can stop living in denial now.

Javier 11-01-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

A few people have said this and I wonder what will lead anyone to think this. Phil is a session player, he plays whatever the song requires and whatever the acts and producers need. He played on 'What do you Got?', there was no influence there. If in the future he does play on Bon Jovi records, it'll be considerably lessin your face guitars than any Sambora recorded song. It's Phil's band The Drills that took their sound into a more melodic oriented feel after his first stint with Bon Jovi.....

Captain_jovi 11-01-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1155682)
A few people have said this and I wonder what will lead anyone to think this. Phil is a session player, he plays whatever the song requires and whatever the acts and producers need. He played on 'What do you Got?', there was no influence there. If in the future he does play on Bon Jovi records, it'll be considerably lessin your face guitars than any Sambora recorded song. It's Phil's band The Drills that took their sound into a more melodic oriented feel after his first stint with Bon Jovi.....

Some damn good points in there.

steel_horse75 11-01-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1155681)
Hope some of you are satisfied now. What Richie said was what I've been saying since page 2.

You can stop living in denial now.

You havent posted anything on page 2??

steel_horse75 11-01-2013 02:44 PM

Dont know if this has been posted before.........

http://rockcandy.omaha.com/2013/10/1...boras-absence/

First question was this:

Kevin Coffey: Do you know when Richie Sambora might rejoin the band?

David Bryan: I don’t know. The ball’s still in his court. Until he’s all great and helping us out, I don’t know.

There’s trials and tribulations in a band. This too shall pass. Everything will be good.

golittleperson 11-01-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alois (Post 1155659)
thanks to fedebrown for the link:

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_0rwbfdzi
Richie's interview at 26

As best I can find, TMZ has cut all the questions/answers that had to do with the band from the video???? I heard it live, wish I had recorded it myself but...... Wonder if they choose to delete it or if they were ask to? I was surprised in a way they were not told it was a taboo subject anyway since he was there to promote the horse race on a sports show. Who knows with Jovi world anymore?

rolo_tomachi 11-01-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1155682)

Phil did not play on "What Do You Got".