Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Javier 11-02-2013 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1155735)
I agree, but until he puts out a shit solo album, I'll wait and see. Not defending him or being a sheep or whatever, I think its a 50/50 chance

If he employs Shanks to produce it, I would discard it immediately. Otherwise, I'd give it a fair chance because I really liked his somber acoustic songs in Stand up Guys....

JoviJovi 11-02-2013 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1155736)
If he employs Shanks to produce it, I would discard it immediately. Otherwise, I'd give it a fair chance because I really liked his somber acoustic songs in Stand up Guys....

I loathe john shanks so I completely agree. I liked those songs as well.

Javier 11-02-2013 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1155737)
I loathe john shanks so I completely agree. I liked those songs as well.

Funny thing is I actually like Shanks. But he already served his purpose in Jovi-land with HAND, LH and TC. He can't bring anything new to the band anymore, he's a creature of habit not creativity, he's good at putting artists into a new and faster method of recording and making albums but once the same method is put into the writing of the songs, the material suffers..... I don't know if I'm explaining myself very well here.....

JoviJovi 11-02-2013 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1155740)
Funny thing is I actually like Shanks. But he already served his purpose in Jovi-land with HAND, LH and TC. He can't bring anything new to the band anymore, he's a creature of habit not creativity, he's good at putting artists into a new and faster method of recording and making albums but once the same method is put into the writing of the songs, the material suffers..... I don't know if I'm explaining myself very well here.....

No, you're good lol. I think his purpose should have ended after HAND. I am going to hope for the best.

bwehehehe 11-02-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1155741)
No, you're good lol. I think his purpose should have ended after HAND. I am going to hope for the best.

...and expect the worst.

sambos apprentice 11-02-2013 04:15 PM

i just don't think Shanks is a good producer- his drums never sound good and he's recording Tico ffs!

his guitars sound lame...... it all sounds rushed and messy with no real feel.

he's a cock

nickolai 11-02-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sambos apprentice (Post 1155756)
i just don't think Shanks is a good producer- his drums never sound good and he's recording Tico ffs!

he's a cock

His production feels very rushed. Its just not raw or punchy enough.

Paolvita 11-02-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sambos apprentice (Post 1155756)

he's a cock

Agreed. Once I read here John "I killed BJ" Shanks :p

Havent been here for a couple of weeks, seen Richie's latest comments...whatever, how about the fans, Richie ????? **** I feel betrayed as a fan, very much betrayed...:twisted:

Thierry 11-02-2013 06:56 PM

Richie who?

Passionflower 11-03-2013 01:23 AM

Hi,

I just joined today. I've been a Bon Jovi fan since Crush but like a lot of their older stuff, too.

Here is Richie performing at that horse race.