Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

SadieLady 11-03-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsong (Post 1155883)
What exactly is Jon supposed to say?? "Umm sorry fans but Richie decided he wanted to do other creative things like play cover tunes at charity events, sell clothes at malls and do the call to post at horse races so he can't be with us this tour".
It's not like before when Richie was in rehab fighting his demons.
I don't think Jon wanted to replace him and won't but are he, Dave and Tico supposed to sit around staring at walls waiting for Richie to decide he's feeling properly creative, that he "wants" to be out playing for a few million fans??? Noone knows what Jon will do with the band after this tour but for now Jon did what he percieved to be the right thing, he got a guitarist and he's finishing the commitments that he and the band made. Richie is the one that felt his personal whatever was more important than keeping his commitment, one that he made of his own free will by the way, to tour with the band he has been a part of for 30 years.

Agree with everything here. I hope the band doesn't "end" on such a bizarre note after 30 years. However, if Jon continues Bon Jovi w/o Richie, I'll be disappointed but still a fan. If Richie goes solo, I'll be a fan of his efforts. If I ever get to NYC, I'd love to see David's play. I've also enjoyed glimpses of Tico's art and clothing line. I would like to see another solo effort by Jon. I am not sure what it would take for me to totally give up on the band or their individual efforts. Just because I am not seeing them multiple times doesn't mean I'm not a fan.

liljovi93 11-03-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

What exactly is Jon supposed to say?? "Umm sorry fans but Richie decided he wanted to do other creative things like play cover tunes at charity events, sell clothes at malls and do the call to post at horse races so he can't be with us this tour".
I don't think Jon wanted to replace him and won't but are he, Dave and Tico supposed to sit around staring at walls waiting for Richie to decide he's feeling properly creative, that he "wants" to be out playing for a few million fans??? Noone knows what Jon will do with the band after this tour but for now Jon did what he percieved to be the right thing, he got a guitarist and he's finishing the commitments that he and the band made. Richie is the one that felt his personal whatever was more important than keeping his commitment, one that he made of his own free will by the way, to tour with the band he has been a part of for 30 years.

Best post on here for a long time.

SuperBrad 11-03-2013 11:41 PM

Any Richie sightings in Melbourne yet ?

Sambo-Chris 11-03-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBrad (Post 1155887)
Any Richie sightings in Melbourne yet ?

unlikely. Yesterday he still was in Cali and the flight Needs several hours.

nikos greece 11-04-2013 12:37 AM

i admire jon for his commitment, focus and persistance. he is a professional and did what thought was best. we still dont know though the reason why richie left, richie didnt left to sell clothes in a mall, they obviously had a fight, we all make assumptions, it looks like they both expecteda quicker happy ending at first, it also looks like richie wanted to come back after a while and jon refused to make a point. i wont judge any of these cause we dont and probably never will know the full story, but when sth like this happen then most of the times both parties make mistakes, i want everything to be sort out like everyone else, and i am sad by the current picture of the band...bad static sets, the same songs, not real effort, and bad performances by some guys who arent a band imo, just a singer, some original members and some session musicians, making bj songs sound like cover songs sometimes...

Rue 11-04-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Very well said, thank you!

Paolvita 11-04-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Very well said...

CKatz 11-04-2013 12:03 PM

Richie is doing an interview with The Today Show:

@RichardWilkins: Tomorrow morning on @thetodayshow .. @theRealSambora tells why he won't be back next month with @BonJovi

Here is a pic:
http://instagram.com/p/gSFPXQj8L4/

Captain_jovi 11-04-2013 02:50 PM

"TUESDAY | Exclusive

What really happened between Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora? Richie reveals all to Richard Wilkins!

#exclusive #BonJovi #today9"

Hm. This'll be either big info or nothing at all.

Dave88 11-04-2013 02:57 PM

One of these blokes is in trouble with the boss !!!! Find out who ....tomorrow on @thetodayshow #7.40 #today9 pic.twitter.com/2lPagzdbko

Well it only took 7 months...