Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

Thinny 09-09-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1258832)
That's all true... But that's not the reason why the project failed. The project failed because they didn't have a good product.

That wasn't my point. My point was just saying why the numbers are so low on Spotify, which is more to do with the fact that people didn't know about the project than how good or bad the album is, as that is completely subjective. But we've had that conversation before. So I'll just leave it there.

Rdkopper 09-09-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1258833)
That wasn't my point. My point was just saying why the numbers are so low on Spotify, which is more to do with the fact that people didn't know about the project than how good or bad the album is, as that is completely subjective. But we've had that conversation before. So I'll just leave it there.

Proof?

I never once listened to the album on Spotify but yet, I'm very familiar it.

Not every Bon Jovi fan is obsessed with everything someone in the Bon Jovi circle puts out.

Again, not denying the lack of promo... But a drunkin Richie front-man just didn't cut it for most people... (Not to mention his voice is very different now too. He sounds like he has permanent laryngitis when he sings. )

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Thinny 09-09-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1258835)
Proof?

There's no such thing, just common sense, and experience working in the field.

I'm really not getting into all of this again....I'm done talking about this album, and like someone else said, I'm just looking forward to what the next RS solo album will bring...

Rdkopper 09-09-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1258836)
There's no such thing, just common sense, and experience working in the field.

Not good enough for me.

james_d 09-09-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1258837)
Not good enough for me.

I'm shocked

Eveline 09-09-2019 02:35 PM

Who cares about RSO? Orianthi is about to release her own record. Richie is in no hurry apparently so let the man do what he wants, even if it means hiding under a rock. JBJ hasn't recorded anything outside BJ for ages and what he's doing in the band isn't everyone's cup of tea, either. Casuals want to hear the hits, the band wasn't inducted into RHOF because of anything they've done in the last decade or two anyway. They are all legends and millionaires so maybe that's all that counts. Music happens along the way.

Thinny 09-09-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1258837)
Not good enough for me.

So where's your "proof" - You tube comments!? :mrgreen::rolleyes:

eddie73 09-09-2019 06:23 PM

Adding my 10 pence to it, I actually think its a great album , very diverse songs, not the same old same old.

IMO its better than Jovis last 3 studio efforts

JackieBlue 09-09-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUceK1WV8 (Post 1258829)
.... As for me, as a seemingly the only person somewhat liking Ori around here (edit: another overstatement but the point stands)..

I agree that's an overstatement. Not by much, granted, but you aren't the only one. Maybe you missed where I've said several times that, from what I've seen of her, I actually like Ori as a person and agree that she's a very talented guitarist. :p:)

Regarding your earlier response... Your reaction is exactly why I qualified my original reply to Seb by saying "in general." Not as a cop-out, but to allow for the very few who truly expected to like it; but were disappointed in the results.

Which actually points to another subset of that group of people who had preconceived notions about the album: those who didn't like it because it wasn't what they had hoped to hear from Richie and Ori.

At least you give specific reasons why you, personally, didn't like the album. You aren't throwing out a blanket statement like "the songs weren't there" or "it wasn't a good product", as if everyone should know that.

Music just isn't that objective.

steel_horse75 09-09-2019 11:47 PM

RSO = Really Shit Output.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk