Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Dalia 11-04-2013 10:04 PM

yeah, right, he wants to be with her daughter so he travels to Japan, Australia
, UK and more places I can't remember right now.

sorry Richie, I don't buy that

TugaJovi 11-04-2013 10:05 PM

Here's the interview. Found it on twitter.
Thanks, 2battlegs!

Sissy3 11-04-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalia (Post 1155943)
yeah, right, he wants to be with her daughter so he travels to Japan, Australia
, UK and more places I can't remember right now.

sorry Richie, I don't buy that

Glad I wasn't the only one who's had that same thought. :) I think he throws out his daughter as his main excuse because it's a "safe" excuse that people will not criticize. Not saying that wasn't one of the reasons but I don't think it was the main reason. I'm afraid I'm now falling in with the crowd that thinks he fell off the wagon again and Jon/band just wasn't willing to deal with it this time.

samboraisgodUK 11-04-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TugaJovi (Post 1155944)
Thanks, 2battlegs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s3NGXDoTAw

Yep, he's clearly off his tits on every drug under the sun and a shitload of alcohol here.

Jayster 11-04-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1155936)
Aloha !

Which should translate to "People don't know what drinking 24/7 for 30 years means"... All this nonsense about him being away from home for so long is exactly that. Nonsense. He's spend more days at home than most other dads have.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Maybe.... but then most Dad's have a 9 - 5 lifestlye and either live with or near their children. Being on a long world tour means that there is a large length of time when you are never home.

alois 11-04-2013 10:33 PM

There are some big pieces missing in his interview...

As soon as the end of JUNE, he said he WANTED to tour again in september.

@TheRealSambora 29 Jun
Hey all, to those who saw that interview from the fashion show it was about my hopes. Nothing's really happening yet...

It seems he isn't "allowed" to tour again.
First the band says he's welcome any time. Then Richie states he wants to come back. But he never came back.

Remember that tweet:
@TheRealSambora 25 May
Hey everybody, there's nothing I can say right now cause nothing is resolved.

Jayster 11-04-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alois (Post 1155949)
There are some big pieces missing in his interview...

As soon as the end of JUNE, he said he WANTED to tour again in september.

@TheRealSambora 29 Jun
Hey all, to those who saw that interview from the fashion show it was about my hopes. Nothing's really happening yet...

It seems he isn't "allowed" to tour again.
First the band says he's welcome any time. Then Richie states he wants to come back. But he never came back.

Remember that tweet:
@TheRealSambora 25 May
Hey everybody, there's nothing I can say right now cause nothing is resolved.

I don't think it's money.... I think the reasons he gave in that interview are honest reasons but that there were a few occasions where he and Jon had argued over the set's they were playing. That first leg was sooooo static. Richie is essentially second in charge so I bet he told Jon that he thought the performances they were giving were not up to standard.

Bill23 11-04-2013 10:39 PM

Richie (at beginning of BCWC tour-
"This is an amazing opportunity I have...to be a musician at this level...I take it pretty seriously...."

efiste2 11-04-2013 11:02 PM

Hard to read anything into that apart from Jon, as we know was pushing WAY too hard for the new record and mammoth world tour and Richie wasnt as ready as he thought he would be, perhaps on a downer for the poor reaction to AOTL album/tour in the states , IM a little more hopefull he will be back however, I still think the LUND/BORG machine has/is using him to push their crap by blowing smoke up his ass, and I think if all it was that he didnt want tour, he should have pulled out BEFORE starting out on the road. to sum it up Richie walked OFF the TOUR and not the band. I do wonder what the CEO is making of this though.
As has been mentioned this may just be the end of a chapter in the BON JOVI story, and a new one could be written with a refreshed Sambora and a more easygoing CEO allowing a JOINT effort rather than a JBJ and friends record. a good break for a couple of years and some good experiences to write about may just pave the way to an album that maybe can be in the same ball park as TD or NJ etc etc, no more churned out like a production line tracks just tracks from the heart and soul!!!!!!
WE WILL SEE

Bill23 11-04-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TugaJovi (Post 1155944)
Thanks, 2battlegs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s3NGXDoTAw

Not sure why it took 7 months to say "30 years 24/7.....I needed a break".