Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

golittleperson 11-04-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alois (Post 1155949)
There are some big pieces missing in his interview...

As soon as the end of JUNE, he said he WANTED to tour again in september.

@TheRealSambora 29 Jun
Hey all, to those who saw that interview from the fashion show it was about my hopes. Nothing's really happening yet...

It seems he isn't "allowed" to tour again.
First the band says he's welcome any time. Then Richie states he wants to come back. But he never came back.

Remember that tweet:
@TheRealSambora 25 May
Hey everybody, there's nothing I can say right now cause nothing is resolved.

There are a lot of gaps, these were a few. I suspect it's the closest we will get though. Remember all the "evil Jon" keeping him off the road twitter mess? Plus he said he had been sober like 8 years. Need to work on the math :p He acknowledged rehab in 07 and again in 11. Maybe it wasn't alcohol but the articles in 11 said it was??? I think he looked clean in this interview, looked and sounded good. The only times I personally have ? anything, every time it was a Lund event but I have such distrust for them it could just be me. Never thought it was the end of BJ, with or without him but to me he is an iatrical part of that band. Maybe time is healing some of the wounds and the tour is near the end after all. I'm sure there was some truth in this -
I wonder some times if celebs realize just how much the fan base knows, remembers and screen shots with the day of social media?

JoviJovi 11-04-2013 11:27 PM

Sorry but the lie about being sober for 8 years rolled out of his mouth so easily that I don't believe a single word he said. Does he think people just forgot him missing part if the tour in 2011? Or the DUI from about 4 years ago?

GabrielC 11-04-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1155956)
Sorry but the lie about being sober for 8 years rolled out of his mouth so easily that I don't believe a single word he said. Does he think people just forgot him missing part if the tour in 2011? Or the DUI from about 4 years ago?

It's not maybe "after" 8 years?

The Rock 11-04-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1155956)

That threw me off too, 8 years? Need to work on that Richie but to give him credit, he did mention something along the lines of you can fall off the wagon. I didn't get it all what he said.

JoviJovi 11-04-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1155959)
That threw me off too, 8 years? Need to work on that Richie but to give him credit, he did mention something along the lines of you can fall off the wagon. I didn't get it all what he said.

Well that means you're not sober. Missing a month of a tour because you're in rehab or driving drunk with your child in the vehicle are far from "little slips". Sounds like denial to me.

golittleperson 11-05-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1155959)

I've played that back a few times, "obviously I've had my little ???" music starts & word not clear, IMO setbacks. Maybe in his eyes, 8 years but what we all remember was not a big event to him??? Did also follow with 30 years takes a while to break habits. This takes us back to the band hypothetical perception of his health rumors vs his "little" events. Is what it is and the band side did sound positive for the future.

Javier 11-05-2013 12:51 AM

"8 years sober", Richie's full of shit. Yes, there's gaps in the year when they're touring that he doesn't see his daughter, but when you count that he's got a few months a year where he's basically at home 24/7 too, his time with his daughter could well be on par with anybody who has a 9-5 job. But yeah, let's use that so the people will go "aww what a sweet dad!" The rest of it, it's nothing he couldn't have known or said before the album/tour cycle began. I read someone post that he wasn't "allowed" to come back in June, if I was Jon I wouldn't let him back either. He leaves and then thinks he can come back whenever it fancies him? This is a commitment, not a hobby, and honestly, I doubt Richie could be that stupid and have that much lack of respect for his band and his job so that has to be made up.....

ezearis 11-05-2013 12:58 AM

They should have asked him why didn't he show up to a concert with just hours notice and foreced the band to play without a guitar player in Calgary? Or why did he said that it was a family drama and he hoped it to be over by september? Or that he couldn't wait to get back to the tour? Sorry, or this guy's bipolar or he's just a liar and wants to get some of his image back.

luceknight 11-05-2013 02:03 AM

for me nothing he will ever say will excuse what he did...abandon the ****ing tour in the beggining. If he didn't want to...shouldve said 'no' to Jon and probably wouldnt work at all and Jon would never postpone a tour because of him, so no Richie in the whole ****ing tour, since the beginning with Phil then!
and sober for 8 years...

yes...

...shit coming out of your mouth, Richie...

puta que pariu, que raiva.

joloriquelme 11-05-2013 02:26 AM

So, after 1167 pages and 7 months, our main protagonist simply tell us the only thing that we wanted to know.

"I just didn't want to Tour this year."

That's all. No more questions.

Cheers.