Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   SiriusXM Bon Jovi Radio ch. 709 stuff (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70840)

Javier 11-11-2022 03:22 AM

I kind of understand the guy to a point. He's never been fond of looking back and that generally has worked for him when it comes to maintaining a work ethic of moving forward, even if the audience has been on a nostalgia trip for many years now. Now more than ever, every interview, every quote, every demand is for what was, what happened, what they accomplished. He just seems over the whole Rockstar thing for a while, there was some renewed energy when he wanted to prove they could still be successful without Richie but now that's gone too.....

bonjovi90 11-11-2022 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1283224)
I mean, Jon's gone on record saying he doesn't really like Woman In Love, or am I misremembering things? Seems understandable for him to go off on a tangent for the song, but seriously, the information is out there. He seems in politician/CEO mode mostly, not in artist mode.

Also it's so damn obvious he knows what he lost in Richie. He praised his playing, mentioned his input all the time. Good on Jon for acknowledging his role! But man.

Also I thought Dry County was about former oil drilling areas that ran dry and were now poor? Huh.

Dry County never was about oil etc. other than the rewritten lyrics in 2010 when the spill occurred.
Jon and Richie had always told stories that were somewhat similar to what Jon said here.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk

Kathleen 11-12-2022 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1283227)
I kind of understand the guy to a point. He's never been fond of looking back and that generally has worked for him when it comes to maintaining a work ethic of moving forward, even if the audience has been on a nostalgia trip for many years now. Now more than ever, every interview, every quote, every demand is for what was, what happened, what they accomplished. He just seems over the whole Rockstar thing for a while, there was some renewed energy when he wanted to prove they could still be successful without Richie but now that's gone too.....

I have to agree with you. These days he just seems to be over the whole rock thing. And yet.....I have seen a bunch of rumors about Richie returning.....and about another tour (which I wasn't sure was going to happen).

Jon may not be able to just let go. - He has pretty much accomplished what he wanted to. But at that level it's pretty hard just to walk away.

Rdkopper 11-12-2022 02:27 AM

Jon hangs out with guys like Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney so he must have some will to go on.

As much as I can't stand Springsteen for various reasons, especially his political views, he still has the right attitude.

Everyone should listen to his recent Howard Stern interview. Even if you just watch the clip on YouTube, you'll still get 40 minutes of it.

He talks about retirement, the music industry, vocal surgery, his passion to go on, etc. It's all out there. I feel like Jon has none of that anymore. And it's sad because he once did.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

fanofrem 11-17-2022 05:15 PM

Any news on what they will play this week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StickToYourGuns45 11-17-2022 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofrem (Post 1283297)
Any news on what they will play this week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Repeat of London Palladium 2016.

Pivek 11-18-2022 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45 (Post 1283299)
Repeat of London Palladium 2016.

It's worth of recording just because of this wonderful half-tone mistake of PhilX at the beginning Come On Up to Our House :D

bonjovi90 11-18-2022 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pivek (Post 1283303)
It's worth of recording just because of this wonderful half-tone mistake of PhilX at the beginning Come On Up to Our House :D

But that won't sound different to the other 23 versions we have of this so far, will it? [emoji23]

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk

lolo5769 11-24-2022 06:16 PM

Hi guys

Someone know the gig from tommorrow ? Repeat or new ?

See ya

Laurent

StickToYourGuns45 11-24-2022 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolo5769 (Post 1283362)
Hi guys

Someone know the gig from tommorrow ? Repeat or new ?

See ya

Laurent

Confirmed this week will be a show from 2002 from the Manhattan Centre. Assuming this is the Hammerstein Ballroom on either 21/08/2002 or 23/08/2002. The show on the 23rd was partially broadcast on TV and the 21st was a private gig. Hopefully the songs not broadcast will be included.

Setlists below:

21/08/2022

1. You Give Love A Bad Name
2. It’s My Life
3. Undivided
4. The Distance
5. Everyday
6. Born To Be My Baby
7. Just Older
8. Livin’ On A Prayer (Acoustic)
9. Wanted Dead Or Alive
10. Misunderstood