Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Bounce7800 11-07-2013 06:01 PM

We'll still be trying to work out what's going on in this thread in 2019.

Those answers by Richie are obviously false given the timing of his departure as we all know. They would be valid if he didn't start the tour, its just a by-product of him being off tour that he is able to have more "family time". He doesn't come across well saying "They'll be pissed off with me, oh well". The whole thing just comes across as him being selfish and insular.

Lost on a Highway 11-07-2013 07:31 PM

I think majority of the posters here are being too harsh to Richie, and a minority to Jon as well.

Nobody is aware of the real reasons for his sudden departure. And it seems very unlikely that we ever will find out, especially given his current statements. He is obviously being diplomatic and not trying to cast a negative impression on Jon and the band. There is every chance that he could have been justified in leaving the tour the way he did; and an equal chance that he was at fault. But declaring him guilty based on gossip and assumptions is not justified. Let's not forget how he finished the HAND tour despite a broken arm and his personal issues at that time. So I would give him the benefit of doubt before questioning his commitment.

This matter has not been handled properly by both sides, especially by Jon because he is the CEO. His frustration may have been very genuine, but he could certainly have dealt with it in a better manner. Similarly, Richie should not have allowed Sean Borg & co. to create even a vague impression that they were representing him.

In my opinion, the band management did not do a good job at all. It was their responsibility to keep the fans informed and appease them. It reflects poorly on them that they stopped making any announcements about Richie not being on upcoming legs of the tour either. But their silence appears like a deliberate attempt to shift the entire blame on Richie and try to maximize ticket sales by keeping this situation vague. Even if it were not their intention, it appears this way.

Panda 11-07-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost on a Highway (Post 1156130)
I think majority of the posters here are being too harsh to Richie, and a minority to Jon as well.

Too harsh? Not harsh enough. He bailed on a contract, and a world tour. Many fans bought tickets assuming they would see Richie, but didn't. Some fans had to see Bobby on lead guitar for over 2 hours (cough cough, like me, cough cough)

Too harsh? No. The lying ass-hat deserves every bit of flack he's getting, considering all of the mindless idiots that are following him and saying he's God.

Becky 11-08-2013 12:39 AM

Message for Richie Sambora: Dude, either piss or get off the pot. I don't feel like moderating this thread until 2019.

:lol:

Stiggy 11-08-2013 01:29 AM

say is not true... Nikki to make new music with richie again.. :mad: its a bad dream i can't wake up from.. :rolleyes:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/psyched...sC9Zgv4.mailto

golittleperson 11-08-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiggy (Post 1156140)
say is not true... Nikki to make new music with richie again.. :mad: its a bad dream i can't wake up from.. :rolleyes:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/psyched...sC9Zgv4.mailto

D#$%, just D$%&! Can I cuss on here? I'll take your word for it, no way I'm listening to 45 min.

zandivad 11-08-2013 02:16 AM

I was actually taking the piss about 2019. You forgot to add the ;) at the end

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1156118)
I don't think this was posted here yet:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/5/j6pd.jpg

Do I think Richie was telling the whole story during his interview with Today? No, but considering the band's history of keeping as quiet as possible about sensitive subjects, I didn't expect him to "tell all". It took the band years to admit what had happened with Alec...and even that was kept vague. To this day, Hugh was the only one to admit that he played on all Bon Jovi albums (except 7800 Fahrenheit) and not Alec. They are good at sweeping things under the rug.

The band said it was up to Richie to talk...and he did. That's all we're going to get. I'm sure the band will follow the same story line now.

I don't believe Richie honestly wants to return to the band. That's just my perception. Or maybe he just doesn't know if he wants to come back yet...

A guy who had a conversation with Richie at Melbourne Cup, said that Richie might be returning to the band in 2019:

@zandivad :

please add the ;) end of my quote, as this was part of the conversation. And by the way he'll be back when HE is ready.

JoviJovi 11-08-2013 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zandivad (Post 1156144)
please add the ;) end of my quote, as this was part of the conversation. And by the way he'll be back when HE is ready.

At this point, many couldnt care less. And most of those people started out caring a lot.

Heard he was so trashed Wednesday night he could barely walk, is that when you were hanging out with him?

CKatz 11-08-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1156146)
At this point, many couldnt care less. And most of those people started out caring a lot.

I don't believe those people who say they don't care, because they're usually the ones who are bitching the loudest. If they didn't care, they would accept it for what it is and move forward. And this thread would have died a long time ago. People are angry because they care.

CKatz 11-08-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zandivad (Post 1156144)

I actually don't think you're off the mark with 2019, whether you meant it jokingly or not.
IF he ever comes back, it'll take a few years and 5 years makes sense. The band will think twice before rushing into another album and tour after the WAN/BWC Tour disaster.
So maybe this whole thing will turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Sometimes drastic things need to occur in order for positive change to happen.