Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

kleman 11-09-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1156215)
Aloha !

All of Richie's solo's are note for note the same like they've been for the past 10 years. Madison Square Garden 2008 is nothing special compared to what he used to be doing, which is improvise with little fills here and there.

Richie wasn't very good on The Circle tour. Jon was. Jon lifted several performances out of the usual boring standard. But as soon as anything remotely rare was being played Richie looked completely out of his comfort zone. I still remembering seeing something simple as Thorn In My Side and Richie struggling hard to remember the guitar solo of it. This is a man that used to live Bon Jovi. He'd use to get on that stage and own it, whereas nowadays he gets on that stage, fistbumps the air and will then launch into the same repetive licks for the next 2 hours.

There's not been one single show in 10 years now where Richie was on fire from start to finish, and if anything, while Jon's been on auto pilot often, there's still shows where he wasn't. This doesn't go for Richie. He's been on auto pilot since 2005 and hasn't gotten off of it ever since. It's only gotten worse, up to the point that a replacement seems to offer more excitement to the stage than the original. So all your talk about magic this and magic that and Phil not being good enough is nonsense. You're holding on to something that hasn't been there for many years now and are pretending there used to be some great bond on stage when both Jon and Richie were there. But Richie's been drunk off his ass for many years now, or "a little too intoxicated" and Jon's had to save his ass many times.

If Richie won't show up for another tour and Phil will join the band again on the next one everyone will have forgotten about him, as Phil adds that welcome bit of rock n roll vibe to the stage that has been missing for many years now. The encore in Milan proved that as long as Jon's on fire the rest of the band will follow, Phil included.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Seb i agree, completly. :cool:

Gabriel Shoes 11-09-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Aloha !

All of Richie's solo's are note for note the same like they've been for the past 10 years. Madison Square Garden 2008 is nothing special compared to what he used to be doing, which is improvise with little fills here and there.

Richie wasn't very good on The Circle tour. Jon was. Jon lifted several performances out of the usual boring standard. But as soon as anything remotely rare was being played Richie looked completely out of his comfort zone. I still remembering seeing something simple as Thorn In My Side and Richie struggling hard to remember the guitar solo of it. This is a man that used to live Bon Jovi. He'd use to get on that stage and own it, whereas nowadays he gets on that stage, fistbumps the air and will then launch into the same repetive licks for the next 2 hours.

There's not been one single show in 10 years now where Richie was on fire from start to finish, and if anything, while Jon's been on auto pilot often, there's still shows where he wasn't. This doesn't go for Richie. He's been on auto pilot since 2005 and hasn't gotten off of it ever since. It's only gotten worse, up to the point that a replacement seems to offer more excitement to the stage than the original. So all your talk about magic this and magic that and Phil not being good enough is nonsense. You're holding on to something that hasn't been there for many years now and are pretending there used to be some great bond on stage when both Jon and Richie were there. But Richie's been drunk off his ass for many years now, or "a little too intoxicated" and Jon's had to save his ass many times.

If Richie won't show up for another tour and Phil will join the band again on the next one everyone will have forgotten about him, as Phil adds that welcome bit of rock n roll vibe to the stage that has been missing for many years now. The encore in Milan proved that as long as Jon's on fire the rest of the band will follow, Phil included.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

**** you, the guy can barely play Always, Love Song and These Days without messing up the solos. He makes a lot of mistakes, and don't even come here and say those songs are new for him because its not.

Really, is this the guy you were saying that would make us all forget about Richie? Sure, this day will come once he starts to nail the solos.

golittleperson 11-09-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1156165)
I think he is in a sense putting a LOT of responsibility to his daughter by doing this. Which is both, cowardice and stupid. He's been traveling around jamming with fabric for a lot of the time the tour has been going. If that was the sole reason, he would have limited all promo to the LA region.

I don't know if it's so much putting responsibility on Ava, as it was using an "excuse" that would be more forgivable since I can't think of how I really want to say this. I do think there is some truth, as he said his "spirit" wouldn't let him out the door. I actually get that - but my bills overrule my spirit. (S. Mom 15 yrs, no shared custody, no help...) None of the last 7 months has made much sense anyway so why start now.
Also, I have seen here and other places people saying (always a friend and never the actual witness it seems) that Richie was seen tore out of the frame. I did question the last Genlux interview of the night - but, for example he was apparently fall down drunk in Oz on Wed. night - with all the cameras and smart phone videos in the world - none have shown up?
Would everyone be an enabler/protector? Perception, doesn't mean people are lying but I guess I just need to see it myself.
I adore Richie, can't help it but even I am disillusioned with a lot of late.

rolo_tomachi 11-09-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

What?? You can make a comparison of the performance of Jon and Richie in Thorn in my side. You will see that Jon is more Richie lazy there.
Dry County MSG 2008

Blaze Of Glory 2008 - 2011

Diamond Ring 2010

Keep The Faith 2010

Get Ready 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkU2U3mhEMQ#t=02m22s

Ill be there For You 2013

Wanted 2013

Wild is the Wind 2013

Army of One 2013 Jon feels safer with Richie. This is the Bon Jovi sound complete.

Nothing close to this that it can get with Phil. That spark that usually have Jon and Richie together is what's special about this band.

All Bon Jovi tours have had great moments. Phil X is a professional, but does not transmit anything. Not the same level that you get Richie on a show, although it is bad.

You can check Wanted, army of one, diamond ring, keep the faith, make a memory, bed of roses, dry county, always .... You will notice that Richie is better, even if sometimes the same tics when playing some solos, (that made ​​him from These Days tour) and as I remember, that's not bad. Jon has been singing songs in different shades and I'm not complaining about that, is the lack of passion* that puts every show.

I Prefer to Richie with his faults, that a professional like Phil.

This is my opinion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pAeuVa-G2Q#t=04m23s

JerseyGiant 11-09-2013 07:42 PM

For the past few tours/years it just seems you either get one or the other.. A sambora on fire and a piss poor Jon, Or a on fire Jon and a bored as hell drunk off his tits sambora, It's incredibly frustrating, Gotta feel for Tico and Dave to be fair... Just my thoughts anyway :)

rolo_tomachi 11-09-2013 08:51 PM

Kirk Hammet is much more careless that Sambora, and he is not drunk, it's just clueless and has become clumsy and lazy. It's something that usually happens when you take 30 years in a band.

Bon Jovi with Sambora have always a very good live act. even in his worst nights. With Phil is good, but I do not want this after 30 years.

In short, I need Bon Jovi with Richie, Not the New Guns N Roses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvVc0icLa-E#t=01m15s

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ysj48Xwxn2...roses_band.jpg
http://oi42.tinypic.com/sghfn8.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hscoouy5KkU#t=09m33s

Butters 11-09-2013 09:00 PM

Sorry but what height is Bobby? I mean Jon isn't remotely tall and he towers over Bobby?

golittleperson 11-09-2013 09:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1328

I was curious about how tall Bobby and Tico are too, never found out but did see this. What happened? I know we all get older? He actually looks a bit like a young Richie in 78.

GabrielC 11-09-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1156224)
Attachment 1328

I was curious about how tall Bobby and Tico are too, never found out but did see this. What happened? I know we all get older? He actually looks a bit like a young Richie in 78.

Wait, it's not Richie? Is that Bobby? Damn...

golittleperson 11-09-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1156225)
Wait, it's not Richie? Is that Bobby? Damn...

The print under the pic didn't show up?

Bobby Bandiera playing with Holme at Art Stock's Royal Manor South in Wall, NJ in 1978

My thoughts too. But Richie was working Shark Frenzy in 78 and he had a better smile. Tried to find a pic to compare but most on here remember or have seen/heard that.