Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Javier 11-09-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1156223)
Sorry but what height is Bobby? I mean Jon isn't remotely tall and he towers over Bobby?

Bobby looks like he hunches over alot! and I've always thought that Jon might use something similar to this:

http://d13z1xw8270sfc.cloudfront.net...es_ultra_1.jpg

Who really knows?? :p

Sissy3 11-09-2013 10:45 PM

Jon looks taller than everyone but Hugh and that can't be right! I think Jon is 5'9, claims 5'10 ;) and wears lifts to look taller.

Javier 11-09-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1156217)
**** you, the guy can barely play Always, Love Song and These Days without messing up the solos. He makes a lot of mistakes, and don't even come here and say those songs are new for him because its not.

Really, is this the guy you were saying that would make us all forget about Richie? Sure, this day will come once he starts to nail the solos.

No need to curse somebody out just because they have a different opinion. And I have to disagree about Phil not being able to play Always or Love song properly, his mistakes this tour have been far less that Richie's common mistakes on tour since the HAND tour. I agree, Richie belongs there, but no need to say things that just aren't there. Sure, he messed up the solo on These Days once, the first time he played it, he's missed a few notes here and there in the outro solo of Always. Nothing that never happened to Richie on a regular basis.....

Becky 11-09-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1156228)
Jon looks taller than everyone but Hugh and that can't be right! I think Jon is 5'9, claims 5'10 ;) and wears lifts to look taller.

Jon doesn't claim to be 5'10". I have a video of him on Charlie Rose's show talking about how short he is and how he couldn't play football in high school because he was too small. He said he was either 5'8" or 5'9." It's been so long since I saw the video, I can't remember which, but it definitely was shorter than 5'10." I think that 5'10" number just came from those magazines... the same ones that shaved years off Alec and Tico's ages back in the day.

rainsong 11-09-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1156229)
No need to curse somebody out just because they have a different opinion. And I have to disagree about Phil not being able to play Always or Love song properly, his mistakes this tour have been far less that Richie's common mistakes on tour since the HAND tour. I agree, Richie belongs there, but no need to say things that just aren't there. Sure, he messed up the solo on These Days once, the first time he played it, he's missed a few notes here and there in the outro solo of Always. Nothing that never happened to Richie on a regular basis.....

I saw Phil early on in the tour at 4 shows and while he played well it was obvious he was playing catch up with some songs and there was a definite distance between he and Jon.
I then saw him play at 4 recent shows and I have to say he's gotten it down now. He nails the solos on DC, Always etc........ and he and Jon have formed a bond, whether it's just that they know each other better now, or it's that Phil, by busting his butt has proven himself to Jon . They are comfortable with each other now and Phil seems very comfortable with his place in Bon Jovi and you have to give it to him, the guy genuinely seems to enjoy playing every single night.

MellyMel 11-10-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1156227)
Bobby looks like he hunches over alot! and I've always thought that Jon might use something similar to this:

http://d13z1xw8270sfc.cloudfront.net...es_ultra_1.jpg

Who really knows?? :p

I wonder if he wore those for my pic with him in Vegas last month. He seemed taller to me than he did in my previous pic with him in 2005.

WillRunForChocolate 11-10-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellyMel (Post 1156236)
I wonder if he wore those for my pic with him in Vegas last month. He seemed taller to me than he did in my previous pic with him in 2005.

Hmmm. I had my pic taken with him and the top of my head comes up to his eyebrows so he is several inches taller than me. I'm 5'5" and wore boots with probably 2 inch heels...

rolo_tomachi 11-10-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsong (Post 1156231)
I saw Phil early on in the tour at 4 shows and while he played well it was obvious he was playing catch up with some songs and there was a definite distance between he and Jon.
I then saw him play at 4 recent shows and I have to say he's gotten it down now. He nails the solos on DC, Always etc........ and he and Jon have formed a bond, whether it's just that they know each other better now, or it's that Phil, by busting his butt has proven himself to Jon . They are comfortable with each other now and Phil seems very comfortable with his place in Bon Jovi and you have to give it to him, the guy genuinely seems to enjoy playing every single night.

Metlife 2013 vs Cleveland 2013.

I prefer Cleveland 2013.

rainsong 11-10-2013 09:57 AM

[QUOTE=rolo_tomachi;1156238]Metlife 2013 vs Cleveland 2013.

I prefer Cleveland 2013.[/QUOTE

Which is your right. I just don't get why it has to be an either /or. I prefer a healthy happy wants to be playing live Richie to anyone else and think most fans do, but, I give Phil alot of credit for coming in on the fly, learning all the songs, and finding his own place in BJ as well. He's very good his enthusiasm is infectious, and he brings a little head bang to the band, not a bad thing. I enjoyed him, I liked watching him play, and yes I do think that he now fits in well with the rest of the band. Doesn't mean I won't be pleased if Richie makes himself well, and decides to return to the band.

CKatz 11-10-2013 10:21 AM

Richie is in NYC today meeting with...Derek Shulman (the record company executive who signed the band/Jon to PolyGram):

@dvsmusic: Look forward to hanging with old buddy Richie Sambora here in NYC tomorrow