Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Bounce7800 11-22-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newikov (Post 1156576)
Derek Shulman's just tweeted

"Great time with Richie Sambora.
Going to be major icon in his own right in next couple of years!! "

Doesn't sound like he will be back with the band for the foreseeable then.

Although I'd struggle to see what would make him a major icon unless he went totally different to what he has done in the past.

JoviJovi 11-22-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1156607)
Whether it is sad or not or they are has beens or not is besides the point being made.

The point made was that Richie had a viral "hit" with his song and it was watched about 100,000 times. It was pointed out that what is happening with Prayer is actually what having a viral success is.

Either way, are we forgetting that Richie is a massive part of Prayer, so he is having a viral hit too.

Not forgetting that at all. That's the band I fell in love with.

Captain_jovi 11-22-2013 05:29 PM

I'm not counting Prayer's recent chart re-entry as a Richie Sambora viral success, no. He "left" the band to do things on his own under his name and wants to be seen as Richie Sambora, it doesn't go both ways.

Chris_Newton 11-22-2013 05:43 PM

Never thought id say this but Richie, just do one and leave the band for good. Yes it wont be the same but so what. I love my band and with out without him i want them to have a few years off then come back and give us a hell of a send off tour.

Screw Richie, cant be arsed wasting anymore time on him...let him hang out with his daugher, lady gaga etc. Forget what made him rich, famous etc.

Enough now, this band has to move on.

Sissy3 11-22-2013 06:04 PM

Oh Chris, you're gonna piss off the fanboys. ;) And I agree, he needs to sh*t or get off the pot. Or Jon needs to push him off the pot. Just do something official.

rolo_tomachi 11-22-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1156613)
Never thought id say this but Richie, just do one and leave the band for good. Yes it wont be the same but so what. I love my band and with out without him i want them to have a few years off then come back and give us a hell of a send off tour.

Screw Richie, cant be arsed wasting anymore time on him...let him hang out with his daugher, lady gaga etc. Forget what made him rich, famous etc.

Enough now, this band has to move on.

You do not understand, right?. Richie is a big part of the band, the best of Bon Jovi is the duo of Jon and Richie. No Richie, nothing special.

nickolai 11-22-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1156618)
You do not understand, right?. Richie is a big part of the band, the best of Bon Jovi is the duo of Jon and Richie. No Richie, nothing special.

Hate to say it but your right, Rolio. 2 icons side by side. Think MTV 1989. That is Bon Jovi. People just need to accept the band is dead

Supersonic 11-22-2013 07:49 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1156619)
Hate to say it but your right, Rolio. 2 icons side by side. Think MTV 1989. That is Bon Jovi. People just need to accept the band is dead

What a lot of fans don't seem to understand is that this band has been Jon's solo project for many years now. It's just that the realization seems to sink in with most fans now that an actual face in the band has changed. This band has been dead since Have A Nice Day; Bounce was the last record that was actually written, demoed and recorded like a real band.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

JoviForever 11-22-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newikov (Post 1156576)
Derek Shulman's just tweeted

"Great time with Richie Sambora.
Going to be major icon in his own right in next couple of years!! "

What for co-designing clothes that nobody wants to buy?!

rolo_tomachi 11-22-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1156620)
Aloha !

What a lot of fans don't seem to understand is that this band has been Jon's solo project for many years now. It's just that the realization seems to sink in with most fans now that an actual face in the band has changed. This band has been dead since Have A Nice Day; Bounce was the last record that was actually written, demoed and recorded like a real band.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

But at least we had a touch here and there of Sambora, That changes everything. Now do not Have It on tour and I'm afraid to think about the future of Bon Jovi. This tour can be a reflection of what will come in the future, I do not buy this.

Jon and Richie together is like Mick Jagger and Keith Richard (IMO), no matter how pitiful they are both now, together worthwhile.