Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   15th April 2017 - Madison Square Garden, New York, Night 2 Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69961)

Ben Jovi 04-17-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1223725)
Last time I saw Bon Jovi in the UK the stadium was less than half full, so maybe the demand just isn't there anymore. This was four years ago now of course so there has been a bigger gap than usual.

Which show was this?

Rdkopper 04-17-2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jovi (Post 1223730)
Which show was this?

Less than half full is an over exaggeration!!!

aljo 04-17-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmorgs (Post 1223718)
Saturday Night (including the restart). Great job on the videos aljo! I think he improved on Saturday Night between Greenville and last night at MSG.
https://youtu.be/70ak07fYzdY

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks! Can't wait to watch them on my big screen tv....it's like reliving the concert all over again :)

efpg0708 04-17-2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1223725)
Last time I saw Bon Jovi in the UK the stadium was less than half full, so maybe the demand just isn't there anymore. This was four years ago now of course so there has been a bigger gap than usual.

A lot of shows in 2011 weren't full as well. Barcelona comes to mind, there were tons of space still vacant in the stadium. In 2013 most of the shows were far from sold out. Some were even half full. The official BJ numbers state sold out for every concert due to that number manipulation that we've discussed here a lot of times.

Except on markets that they have not visited in many many years, their popularity has been decreasing. Japan is a good example: they used to do multiple cities there ... Not anymore since 2011.

Dicanio 04-17-2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1223731)

No its not.

Every show bar Hyde park had a big Group On promotion in the weeks leading up to the shows for £10 per ticket!

I think it was Sunderland that was only half sold out.

Diamond Circle only sold out for Hyde Park. At every other UK show loads of Gold Circle tickets were allowed into the Diamond Circle.

Scotland barely got a 2hr show that tour either. Think it was only 1hr 45 mins.

Another indication of lack of interest in the UK was the Palladium show. In years gone by these tickets would have been Gold dust yet virtually everyone of the UK jovi fans I know via social media and meet ups all "won" tickets. hardly anyone who tried to win a ticket or wanted to go were unable to do so..

jovifan93 04-17-2017 09:19 PM

I don't know about the UK, but in Germany, one concert (Berlin) even had to be re-scheduled from a stadium to a smaller outdoor venue (20.000 instead of 80.000 roundabout) in 2013. In 2011, numbers were lower than 2008, but only by 1/4 max.

KeepTheFaith2211 04-17-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1223731)

No it's not. They played Glasgow in July 2013 and it was embarrassing. They came on late and finished early. It was just a bad night all round.

steel_horse75 04-17-2017 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicanio (Post 1223737)
No its not.

Every show bar Hyde park had a big Group On promotion in the weeks leading up to the shows for £10 per ticket!

I think it was Sunderland that was only half sold out.

Diamond Circle only sold out for Hyde Park. At every other UK show loads of Gold Circle tickets were allowed into the Diamond Circle.

Scotland barely got a 2hr show that tour either. Think it was only 1hr 45 mins.

Another indication of lack of interest in the UK was the Palladium show. In years gone by these tickets would have been Gold dust yet virtually everyone of the UK jovi fans I know via social media and meet ups all "won" tickets. hardly anyone who tried to win a ticket or wanted to go were unable to do so..

Re Palladium- reason why so many won was the only other way to get tickets was pay nearly £1500 per person package. So there were a lot more available to give away as people weren't gonna pay that. You couldn't just buy a ticket unfortunately. I reckon at least 95% of tickets were given away as draw prizes.

Don't get me wrong, jovi couldn't sell out a stadium now in U.K. unless there was 1 date for entire U.K leg of tour.

They could maybe sell out MK Bowl as it has holds 60,000 but even that'd be a stretch.

Dicanio 04-17-2017 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1223742)
Re Palladium- reason why so many won was the only other way to get tickets was pay nearly £1500 per person package. So there were a lot more available to give away as people weren't gonna pay that. You couldn't just buy a ticket unfortunately. I reckon at least 95% of tickets were given away as draw prizes.

Don't get me wrong, jovi couldn't sell out a stadium now in U.K. unless there was 1 date for entire U.K leg of tour.

They could maybe sell out MK Bowl as it has holds 60,000 but even that'd be a stretch.

There were only 150 Palladium tickets actually sold and those were via Runaway tours who initially advertised it as the only way to guarantee yourself a ticket. Only very few people who actually wanted a free ticket didn't get one whereas in 2010 and prior it would have been almost impossible to score tickets given their popularity. The promo show at Shepherds Bush was far more difficult to get tickets for during the Bounce cycle. They will still be able to sell out a stadium in the U.K. But no way will they sell out multiple stadiums here again

Dicanio 04-17-2017 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1223742)

I agree 100% with your comment regarding MK