Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   This Left Feels Right (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=45830)

milomom 07-04-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 856817)
I remember they tried an acoustic of IML for a radio show but it didn't work very well, and that was Crush era I think.

First I've heard of that version was definitely TLFR.

Okay, we at least got something redeeming out of TLFR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sami (Post 856822)
I guess then Iīm old, too...
I donīt know if these songs sound like each other but I do like Stray Cat Strut a lot. The best Stray Cats song ever IMO.

I donīt like TLFR, played it once when I bought it.

Nah -- I'm old. You're just older. ;) Goodness knows I haven't heard Stray Cat Strut in YEARS, but as soon as Bad Name started, it popped into my head. And yes, definitely the best from the Stray Cats. I think I'll try YouTube . . . since I'm pretty sure I don't still have that CASSETTE TAPE from the Stray Cats! LOL Now I have to see if they're even remotely similar.

Grypweed 07-04-2008 04:51 PM

Haha, must be something about cats then cause it's always reminded me of that song "The Cat Came Back" or whatever it's called. Used to sing it at school like, everyday @ assembly, and it popped into my head the first time I listened to TLFR.

As for the album... I appreciate it for what it is, but it's just not my cup of tea. I love BTBMB though, and It's My Life.

KeepTheFaith2211 07-04-2008 06:23 PM

Anyone think Keep The Faith is decent too? I like it, especially the solo.

Mongoose 07-04-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 856817)
I remember they tried an acoustic of IML for a radio show but it didn't work very well, and that was Crush era I think.

First I've heard of that version was definitely TLFR.

Star 94 radio station methinks?

Adam D 07-05-2008 08:37 PM

The only redeeming qualities of TLFR are It's My Life and Born To Be My Baby. Both of those work really well. The rest are either trash or just so boring that they sound like bad cover versions.

It is tied for my least favorite Jovi release with the live album. I will say though I do enjoy the live DVD much more. It did introduce me to Last Man Standing after all. The first time I saw that performance I was spellbound.

carson 07-05-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBJEveryday (Post 857496)
The only redeeming qualities of TLFR are It's My Life and Born To Be My Baby. Both of those work really well. The rest are either trash or just so boring that they sound like bad cover versions.

It is tied for my least favorite Jovi release with the live album. I will say though I do enjoy the live DVD much more. It did introduce me to Last Man Standing after all. The first time I saw that performance I was spellbound.

yea i bought the dvd today...the live versionn is much much better than the cd...i would like the cd with yokahoma bonus disc though :)

Bon Jovi Princess 07-06-2008 05:49 PM

I will say though I do enjoy the live DVD much more. It did introduce me to Last Man Standing after all. The first time I saw that performance I was spellbound.[/QUOTE]

The live dvd of TLFR is great In IMO. i love it :)

I also like the little jokes Jon and Richie says that are extras on the DVD

xx BJP xx

You were born an original. Don't die a copy!

superkid 07-06-2008 07:12 PM

I always hated the version of it's My Life. It's a fun song and it made it depressing. I always wondered why they didn't release a new song for it. It would have done much better if they did that.

Adam D 07-07-2008 04:15 AM

I listened to the album straight through yesterday for the first time in years and I think I can seperate the tracks into three catergories. Good, Eh, and Awful.

Good

It's My Life
Born To Be My Baby

Eh

Lay Your Hands On Me
Bad Name
Everyday
Always

Awful

Wanted
Prayer
Bad Medicine