Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Bruuuuce (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53654)

asok80 01-19-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1078659)
Track listing.

1 We Take Care Of Our Own 3:53 £0.79 View In iTunes
2 Easy Money -- Album Only View In iTunes
3 Shackled And Drawn -- Album Only View In iTunes
4 Jack Of All Trades -- Album Only View In iTunes
5 Death To My Hometown -- Album Only View In iTunes
6 This Depression -- Album Only View In iTunes
7 Wrecking Ball -- Album Only View In iTunes
8 You've Got It -- Album Only View In iTunes
9 Rocky Ground -- Album Only View In iTunes
10 Land of Hope and Dreams -- Album Only View In iTunes
11 We Are Alive -- Album Only View In iTunes
12 Swallowed Up (Bonus Track) -- Album Only View In iTunes
13 American Land (Bonus Track) -- Album Only View In iTunes

Three tracks we've already heard are on the new album.

This is the deluxe edition. I'm not sure what American Land is doing there but LOHAD I suspect is a tribute to Clarence and Wrecking Ball was never released to the wider public - even though we feel it's "old stuff".

milomom 01-19-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asok80 (Post 1078665)
This is the deluxe edition. I'm not sure what American Land is doing there but LOHAD I suspect is a tribute to Clarence and Wrecking Ball was never released to the wider public - even though we feel it's "old stuff".

Only the last 2 tracks are bonus tracks. The first eleven tracks are the ones that are being called "new" for this album. I'm guessing that at least Wrecking Ball has been rewritten, but to me, a rewrite isn't "new."

Matthes 01-19-2012 07:24 PM

Yeah it seems to be unusually that Bruce has not enough new material for a complete new record. Thematically LOHAD fits to the context of the album.

The new single is fine for me. Nothing spectacular but far away from being bad. The first few seconds, very Gaslight-esque by the way, lead you in a wrong, heavier direction.

Jon Landau acts a little bit like a barker, doesn't he? ;)

milomom 01-19-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthes (Post 1078672)
Yeah it seems to be unusually that Bruce has not enough new material for a complete new record. Thematically LOHAD fits to the context of the album.

The new single is fine for me. Nothing spectacular but far away from being bad. The first few seconds, very Gaslight-esque by the way, lead you in a wrong, heavier direction.

Jon Landau acts a little bit like a barker, doesn't he? ;)

OMG - that's it! I've been trying to figure out what the beginning of the new single reminds me of. It's TGA! Thank you. That's been driving me nuts since last night.

I'm kind of like you. It's not bad, but I'm not doing backflips. Of course, now that I think about it, it's got Working on a Dream beat all to hell. I hated that track from the beginning, and it certainly didn't grow on me after hearing it at show after show. Maybe I like this more than I thought! ;)

And yes, it seems odd that someone as prolific as Bruce is doing some "recycling" on this CD. Maybe there's a reason which will become clear.

ticos_stick 01-19-2012 08:09 PM

One of my favourite bands, Queens Of The Stone Age often put older songs from demo albums onto new albums as more spruced up versions of the original. It works for them so it should work for Bruce.

Does anyone know for sure if this is a solo album or not? I assumed it was an E Street outing but Jon Landau said there were lots of different musicians on the album :confused:

Matthes 01-19-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1078677)
[...]

Does anyone know for sure if this is a solo album or not? I assumed it was an E Street outing but Jon Landau said there were lots of different musicians on the album :confused:

After what I've read the E Street Band was involved in this project but it's not a "pure" E Street record. Amongst others there were Tom Morello and former Pearl Jam drummer Matt Chamberlain who were recording with Bruce.

Jim Bon Jovi 01-19-2012 09:30 PM

Land of Hope and Dreams rocks, I don't care if it's old, I want to hear it on a record :thu:

Looks like Cancun may have died on its arse already so the Boss gig might be back on :)

It;s win win whatever happens.

Crushgen24/88 01-19-2012 09:42 PM

IDK if they're old or not, I love Wrecking Ball and LOHAD is one of my favorite Bruce songs PERIOD, so I'm stoked for studio versions.
As for the single, I like it better than anything on WOAD already, and yes the opening is very Gaslight.

Crushgen24/88 01-19-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 1078660)
That definitely surprised me.

It doesn't surprise/bother me, since we've never heard studio versions of any of them. All previous releases have been live.

asok80 01-20-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthes (Post 1078685)
After what I've read the E Street Band was involved in this project but it's not a "pure" E Street record. Amongst others there were Tom Morello and former Pearl Jam drummer Matt Chamberlain who were recording with Bruce.

Well, according to Stan Goldstein, the credits for the single is:
Bruce Springsteen: vocals, guitars, banjo, piano, organ, drums, percussion & loops.

Ron Aniello: guitar, bass, keyboards, drums, loops.

Soozie Tyrell: violin & backing vocals

Patti Scialfa & Lisa Lowell: backing vocals

The New York String Section.