Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

TwinFan 11-25-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1156716)
It's my opinion and if you do not like ... :middlefi:

Jon has done 5 albums with 5 tours, and when Richie decides to make a solo album, not enough time because the CEO need other new album, so the world has to stop, because 5 albums /w 5 tours in 10 years is not enough.

If that is indeed the case, then Richie shouldn't have been on the tour at all. It would've been much more different if the fans consciously knew going in to the tour that Richie wasn't going to be part of it. Instead, many bought tickets expecting the full band, and Richie decided to waltz off the tour, leaving a sour taste in the mouth of many fans.

rainsong 11-25-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1156715)
Richie did not released the album before because it was while working on the new album of the band. If Richie had not participated in "What About Now", Richie's new album would have come released before the summer, remember that he has been involved in two projects. Richie himself said at the end of the Circle tour that Aftermath was in the can and ready to go, he set a release date, for July, then pulled it back to play around with it not because of the band record.

As I said in my previous post, "Aftermath of the Lowdown" is not selling massively, Richie wants to promote the album, because she wants to enjoy the creative process, promotional and live show including some shows. This is not new, "Stranger in This Town" and "Undiscovered Soul" was released the same way, were not successful, but I'm sure Richie and many fans, it was worth it.

he had time to do that if he had released it when he was supposed to. The point is here Rolo that Richie is the one with all the issues, the one that can't make up his mind what he wants. He wants to stay home with his daughter..... oh no he wants to promote NikkiRich..... oh he wants to be a solo artist........ oh no aftermath is the greatest thing he's ever created and his soul needs to play it or he just can't go on.......... ALL of the rest of the guys in the band create and do other things and they all seem to manage to do them and still show up to do band records and tours..... if i'm not mistaken david managed to write create and win four Tony's with a musical on Broadway between band records and tours. Tico managed to paint and have 4 art gallery shows in the last few years and he made records and tours. Richie is the only one that can't keep his crap together enough to do both.

nickolai 11-25-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

It's my opinion and if you do not like ... :middlefi:

yeah. because that's been done before.

Quote:

Jon has done 5 albums with 5 tours, and when Richie decides to make a solo album, not enough time because the CEO need other new album, so the world has to stop, because 5 albums /w 5 tours in 10 years is not enough.

Did you not bother to read my previous post? No-one put a gun to Richie's head and forced him to co-write What About Now and do a tour. He was all to quick to bail, but still rake in the millions of $ from album sales, merch and probably still gets a cut from the tour for doing sweet F.A.

The guy has acted like a bonafied cunt. Plain and simple. This mess is 100% the fault of Sambora's and if you're too ignorant to see that then you need help.

rolo_tomachi 11-25-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsong (Post 1156718)
ALL of the rest of the guys in the band create and do other things and they all seem to manage to do them and still show up to do band records and tours..... if i'm not mistaken david managed to write create and win four Tony's with a musical on Broadway between band records and tours. Tico managed to paint and have 4 art gallery shows in the last few years and he made records and tours. Richie is the only one that can't keep his crap together enough to do both.

Yes, David and Tico can do it, because they do not invest the same time as Richie writing, composing and recording in the studio for every new BJ album, instead, John Shanks and other session musicians, make the job of David y Tico, so they can do what they want, because they are expendable when it comes to writing and recording a new studio album. Remember the work ethic of Jon with John Shanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1156719)

The guy has acted like a bonafied cunt. Plain and simple. This mess is 100% the fault of Sambora's and if you're too ignorant to see that then you need help.

Not so. Guilt is also the CEO. But as I said, it's easy to pick a winner, right?

rainsong 11-25-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1156720)
Yes, David and Tico can do it, because they do not invest the same time as Richie writing, composing and recording in the studio for every new BJ album, instead, John Shanks and other session musicians, make the job of David y Tico, so they can do what they want, because they are expendable when it comes to writing and recording a new studio album. Remember the work ethic of Jon with John Shanks.

Not so. Guilt is also the CEO. But as I said, it's easy to pick a winner, right?

Richie is a grown man Rolo, if he didn't want to write a new band record he could have said so, told jon he was concentrating on his solo work, it wouldn't be the firdt time Jon wrote most of an album without Richie, KTF was done without alot of Richie participation as I recall. Tico had no trouble telling jon he had to wait until after the new yaer when jon called and wanted him to come drum the new songs, Jon didn't fire him or anything he just worked around it until Tico was ready. Richie is still the only one of them that can't make a schedule and stick to it. Richie did not do this whole thing right, and he has to live with the aftermath of his actions as far as opinions and feelings of fans. The truth is rolo, that if in a couple years the band makes a new record has a hit and goes on tour and Richie is therre most everyone will be fine with it, and he knows that. It doesn't make it right that he is so dismissive about it all now, it gives fan boards alot to talk about, but it's the truth.

rolo_tomachi 11-25-2013 12:53 AM

Richie's dream was Aftermath, he seemed to have more fun with your mini tour, than the last years with Bon Jovi. There's nothing wrong with that.

Hear the interview with Foo Fighters. Taylor (the drummer), he enjoyed much playing with a cover band (of Police) than with the Foo Fighters on his entire musical career, that's honesty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ3zhAVo2B4#t=07m30s

Everything can be compatible with an adequate margin of time. "What About Now / Because We Can Tour" is not the correct case.

I'm just saying ... Richie is guilty and Jon too.

rolo_tomachi 11-25-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsong (Post 1156721)
Richie is a grown man Rolo, if he didn't want to write a new band record he could have said so, told jon he was concentrating on his solo work, it wouldn't be the firdt time Jon wrote most of an album without Richie, KTF was done without alot of Richie participation as I recall. Tico had no trouble telling jon he had to wait until after the new yaer when jon called and wanted him to come drum the new songs, Jon didn't fire him or anything he just worked around it until Tico was ready. Richie is still the only one of them that can't make a schedule and stick to it. Richie did not do this whole thing right, and he has to live with the aftermath of his actions as far as opinions and feelings of fans. The truth is rolo, that if in a couple years the band makes a new record has a hit and goes on tour and Richie is therre most everyone will be fine with it, and he knows that. It doesn't make it right that he is so dismissive about it all now, it gives fan boards alot to talk about, but it's the truth.

I am agree. But when a member leaves the tour, Jon has a responsibility as a leader to fix things, he has not done enough to bring him back. That's my opinion. On the comparison with The Edge is horrible, and very unfair. His leaving is for blame of Jon, he knows, we know, but nobody can say anything, because once that shit comes to light, too late to fix what is broken.

TwinFan 11-25-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1156723)
I am agree. But when a member leaves the tour, Jon has a responsibility as a leader to fix things, he has not done enough to bring him back. That's my opinion. On the comparison with The Edge is horrible, and very unfair. His leaving is for blame of Jon, he knows, we know, but nobody can say anything, because once that shit comes to light, too late to fix what is broken.

Pray tell, oh wise one, what would have been enough for Jon to do in this debacle?

rainsong 11-25-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1156723)

I'm not sure how Richies soul not letting him leave the house on tour day is Jon's doing, Richie did say that, and what exactly was Jon supposed to do??? Go beg him to come play on a tour he didn't want to play on??
We all know that the Edge comment was taken out of context, and the bottom line is here that Richie just stopped showing up for work. I run a bar when a member of my staff just doesn't show up they lose their job. Richie lucked out he still has his when he wants to commit and go back to it. Lucky guy.

rolo_tomachi 11-25-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1156724)
Pray tell, oh wise one, what would have been enough for Jon to do in this debacle?

Jon should have yielded to the requests of Richie for his return. What were they? Not know, but there were some petitions in hand, so Richie said he wanted to return, but it was not happening.

Jon would have to have fulfilled the wishes of Richie, I do not think money is concerned, but rather of respect, and maybe something related to the promotion of Aftermath.