Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

semigoodlookin 11-26-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost on a Highway (Post 1156739)
Since there has been speculation that Richie may have bailed over money issues, following is an excerpt from Ratt's Bobby Blotzer's book, telling how Richie did not receive any share from merchandising back in 1985:

"I remember that Richie Sambora and I were in my room one night drinking. We were starving, so I'm thinking, "Let's go down to our bus, we've got pizza down there.” So, we scurry down to the bus, and all the pizza is gone. I did find a box in a bunk that had some two-day-old pizza in it. Hard as tree bark, but we tried to heat it up and eat it, anyway. It just wasn't very appetizing.
We kept talking about business, mostly merchandise. He asked how much we were getting, and I told him. He was blown away! I asked, "What about you guys? What do you do?” He's like, "F... if I know. I don't get any of that.”
I was stunned. Are you kidding me?
I go, "You don't get anything on merchandise? Wow, dude. You wrote the songs with Jon, from the very beginning.” We talked about it until he was pretty worked up.
He was worked up enough to go in and insisted on a piece of it, I guess, because he came up to me later and said, "Thanks for sticking up for me that night, because I went in and recut my deal.” Now, he's got something like $80 million in the bank? So, hey, Richie! Send a brother a little love, will ya?""

He also states that the Bon Jovi guys were on a weekly salary of $500 on that tour, and that Jon resented Stephen Pearcy etc.

On this, Jon did resent Pearcy, or at least he has said a few times that Bon Jovi could not believe Ratt had success at that point because Jon thought Bon Jovi was the better band. i don´t think Jon´s dreams were ever to be a band like Ratt, so he probably hated the experience considering how ambitious he was.

eddie73 11-26-2013 01:50 PM

Cant believe how many posts are about this since i last logged on. Some people need to get a life seriously! He aint coming back, am i bothered......NO ! For what ever reason he quit the tour its down to him, i just quit my job last Friday because i wasn't happy, i have let people down at work but so what, its about me not them. Its obvious he wasn't happy with the band and jons dictatorship i dont blame him, a so called rock n roll band whos last 2 efforts have about 5 solos between them.

rolo_tomachi 11-26-2013 04:21 PM

Jon could have released What About Now as a solo album if he wanted to get it so quickly, it is very unfair to the rest of the band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPCHs5uBBms#t=01m44s

Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters said his band was not a brand or a business, and they knew when to stop and rest (referring to Bon Jovi?).

"We make a new album, we went out and played the new songs with some old songs for people, and then went home, make a break, and later work on another record. So we always know when to stop. We've been doing this for almost 20 years, so when someone feels that need taking a break, we just stop. Year and a half ago, we started to feel that the time had come to stop the march, because the most important thing for us is that this band be forever, and too much force can break. We like to be somewhat flexible to say, "Okay, let's take a break, maybe it's time to stop, not forever, but for a while until we have recharged our batteries.

https://soundcloud.com/sopitas-com/dave-grohl-1/s-AFSnC

This whole process has become our way of life. It is not a brand or a business, it is more a way of life."

https://soundcloud.com/sopitas-com/d...ohl-11/s-IdWev

Supersonic 11-26-2013 04:24 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1156805)
Jon could have released What About Now as a solo album if he wanted to get it so quickly, it is very unfair to the rest of the band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPCHs5uBBms#t=01m44s

Yeah, and he didn't. And they all went back on tour anyway. And did all of their shows. But Richie, because Richie's a ****ing spoiled drunk brat who can't get his shit together. But oh let's keep praising Richie and curse evil, evil Jon.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

rolo_tomachi 11-26-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1156806)
Aloha !

Yeah, and he didn't. And they all went back on tour anyway. And did all of their shows. But Richie, because Richie's a ****ing spoiled drunk brat who can't get his shit together. But oh let's keep praising Richie and curse evil, evil Jon.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Richie has worked much more than Tico or David in these 13 years. When Jon and Richie are writing together and recording a new album, while, Tico playing golf and David making musicals. Remember Jon's work ethic.

Supersonic 11-26-2013 04:41 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1156807)
Richie has worked much more than Tico or David in these 13 years. When Jon and Richie are writing together and recording a new album, while, Tico playing golf and David making musicals. Remember Jon's work ethic.

Yeah, and making musicals isn't working at all, right? Stop your whining and just come to terms with the fact that Richie's done **** all the past 13 years. All the "working" Richie has done was a deliberate choice, something he kept saying he enjoys. If he doesn't, he shouldn't commit to this. Besides, while the rest of the band were working in 2011, Richie spend 2 weeks in rehab. A carefully planned rehab so he'd screw over as little fans as possible, while essentially screwing over many American fans. Yep, that's Richie.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Alphavictim 11-26-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1156805)
Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters said his band was not a brand or a business, and they knew when to stop and rest (referring to Bon Jovi?).

Are you even aware that there are other bands whose members have done side-projects but BJ and the Foo Fighters?

Also, compare the backgrounds of the bands. BJ aren't likely to hire a former member of the Germs and didn't learn their instruments playing along to Black Flag records.

Captain_jovi 11-26-2013 05:12 PM

Using Dave Grohl to support what being a band is about is a rich argument.

First album - Completely Dave
Second album - First as a band but Dave re-recorded all the drum tracks
Third album - While recorded as a trio, Dave did half the drum tracks meaning half the album is just Nate and Dave
Fourth Album - New guitar player (at the time) isn't even sure if his tracks are on the album.

Now, sure, it's 100 percent a band but using Foo Fighters to support your "a band is a band is a band", come on man...

JoviJovi 11-26-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1156807)

"Making musicals" is hard work. And Tico is an accomplished artist and has a clothing line himself. Good examples though.:rolleyes:

Javier 11-26-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1156810)
Using Dave Grohl to support what being a band is about is a rich argument.

First album - Completely Dave
Second album - First as a band but Dave re-recorded all the drum tracks
Third album - While recorded as a trio, Dave did half the drum tracks meaning half the album is just Nate and Dave
Fourth Album - New guitar player (at the time) isn't even sure if his tracks are on the album.

Now, sure, it's 100 percent a band but using Foo Fighters to support your "a band is a band is a band", come on man...

Reading the album sleeves for the Foo's albums has always had a negative effect on me. I mean yes, Dave is an excellent drummer, but still kind of overrated just because he played drums on Nirvana. Taylor Hawkins is an amazing drummer both technically and in the feel department. He's just as capable a drummer as Dave, maybe even better on a lot of levels.... jmo of course...