Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jovigirloz 11-30-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1157008)
Ah c'mon. Seriously? You think this all the way back in the Spring/Summer then? Its OBVIOUS this is recent and its OBVIOUS Richie wouldn't be back for the last few shows. Jon presuming this is not ripping off the fans. Get a grip

He knew that Richie wouldn't be back. Richie hoped to be back in July, yet Jon has not spoken to him since April, so yes they sold tix knowing he would not be there for the rest of the tour.

Becky 11-30-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz (Post 1157010)
He knew that Richie wouldn't be back. Richie hoped to be back in July, yet Jon has not spoken to him since April, so yes they sold tix knowing he would not be there for the rest of the tour.

Or Richie SAID (and not too convincingly) that he hoped to be back in July. Who knows if that's the truth either.

rainsong 11-30-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Sorry, but once Richie left the tour, anyone that bought tickets did so with the knowledge that he wasn't currently with the band and with absolutely no guarantee from the BJ camp that he would be there at any time on this tour. The only one that said anything about him being there on any given leg after he left was Richie himself.

The Rock 11-30-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

But Jon never said he would be back. Read all his comments on the subject and all he said was it's up to Richie. He never once said that Richie will be back. So they sold the tickets and it was up to the fans to buy them or not. Not up to Jon.

Lampinen 11-30-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1156997)
So Richie was lying when he said they'd been texting. Interesting.

Well the article said he hasn't spoken to him.

Captain_jovi 11-30-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lampinen (Post 1157018)
Well the article said he hasn't spoken to him.

Touche. I guess I figured that meant all modes of conversation but who knows...

WillRunForChocolate 12-01-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passionflower (Post 1156998)
I don't know if that's the case. Aren't interviews like the one Jon does with the press written some weeks in advance? Maybe the interview was done before Richie's encounter with TMZ.

The interview had to have been done after October 12. That's the date of the Las Vegas wedding and concert.

MellyMel 12-01-2013 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillRunForChocolate (Post 1157022)
The interview had to have been done after October 12. That's the date of the Las Vegas wedding and concert.

Good point. It can't be good if they really haven't spoken all this time.

Passionflower 12-01-2013 02:48 AM

It seemed like they made some digs at each other through the media. Whatever happened I think it was personal, which would explain why they haven't spoken for so long. We as fans will probably never know even half of the story.

nickolai 12-01-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsong (Post 1157015)
Sorry, but once Richie left the tour, anyone that bought tickets did so with the knowledge that he wasn't currently with the band and with absolutely no guarantee from the BJ camp that he would be there at any time on this tour. The only one that said anything about him being there on any given leg after he left was Richie himself.

Exactly. The tour must go on. I have no gripe about the shows being sold after Richie had left. because people had choice. And there was no pretense that he'd be back. My gripe is with Richie bailing mid way through way after people had bought tickets