Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

golittleperson 12-04-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1157154)
Is anyone ever going to seriously ask Richie the question, why didn't he come to this epiphany of leaving before the tour? That's what I keep coming back to.

That part I actually understand, Have you ever came back from vacation and the thought of going back to work just breaks your heart? I have - but I don't have the cha ching to actually follow through. For me, it's been the PR around it all.

JerseyGiant 12-04-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1157160)
This is the best snippet of an interview since April. No, I'm not - and I Don't know - how simple is that. No tripping up trying to give an answer you think people want, or open mouth and insert foot, poor PR advisor BS.

I only hope he is not influenced by his new "circle" for lack of a better word and his seeming gush for new talent if that's what you call it - he needs to remember what brought him to the dance. Bluesy, Rock, bend a note and have at it. If Richie could kick out a great album - that would be the best damage control he can do. But I know, IF is the biggest word in the dictionary. ;)

Agreed, with me and this whole situation I went away listened to a bunch of other shit and forgave the guy lol not necessarily for ditching me in Lisbon :( but I spose you have to respect his choice to "spend time with his daughter"(he should never have commited to the tour in the first place). I hope after this tour the dust settles, The hitman gets better;) and in a few years come back with a kick ass album and tour :).... Now lets see what Jon does next ;)

Sissy3 12-04-2013 06:43 PM

But how long is Ava gonna be part of his excuse? Until she's 21? ;)

JerseyGiant 12-04-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1157167)
But how long is Ava gonna be part of his excuse? Until she's 21? ;)

Haha ;) I still find it surprising that even Richie himself thinks the band need a break, I think a casual fan doesn't care less if Richie is there or not (granted they actually no who Richie is) I did Hyde park as well this tour, and just as Bobby ripped in to his blazing rendition of the solo from bad name a woman standing next to me yelled "Yea go Richie"..... Needless to say I wasn't best pleased and removed myself far away from her lol ;)

Captain_jovi 12-04-2013 08:22 PM

For what it's worth I'm watching an interview Jon and Richie did on Howard Stern's tv show in 1992 and he's licking his lips quite a bit. It doesn't have to mean drugs.

golittleperson 12-04-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyGiant (Post 1157169)
Haha ;) ... I did Hyde park as well this tour, and just as Bobby ripped in to his blazing rendition of the solo from bad name a woman standing next to me yelled "Yea go Richie"..... Needless to say I wasn't best pleased and removed myself far away from her lol ;)

LMAO, I would have had to say something. To mistake Bobby for Richie is not even casual - it's sad. Now, he is out there working but he's no Sambora. Wonder who she thought PhilX was?

It's my faith 12-04-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1157178)
Wonder who she thought PhilX was?

"Wow I just LOOOOVE the new hairstyle Richie has!" :P

JON4EVA 12-04-2013 11:19 PM

Still not buying it. Say he was just burned out from 30 years of touring (and/or wanted to spend time with his daughter) and say that was fine, why did that have to be a secret? Why say "I had to stay in LA to take care of a personal matter", and why say "I can't say anything because nothing is resolved"?

Anyway...

Javier 12-05-2013 12:18 AM

Having seen the last clips of the last shows in Japan for Bon Jovi and the ones posted a while back of Richie doing Wanted and performing with Stevie Wonder I can only say, both of them suck now! They both need a break and really not come back until Richie works on his issues and Jon on his voice....

Jayster 12-05-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1157175)
For what it's worth I'm watching an interview Jon and Richie did on Howard Stern's tv show in 1992 and he's licking his lips quite a bit. It doesn't have to mean drugs.

Thank you.