Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

JoviJovi 12-06-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newikov (Post 1157282)
Another RS's tweet about Mandela .. The third so far

"God bless Nelson Mandela.,,words can not say enough....a beautiful man who touched the world with his strength and kindness ...."

Hm, the difference is like night and day. Pretty much the same exact sentiment, just more coherent.

JoviJovi 12-06-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1157287)
I wonder if Jon really believes they're touring "at the same level they're used to". Is he so old that he doesn't remember when they used to sound awesome live? Is he too delusional to not realize that he sounds like shit now?

If ever there was a case of someone believing their own press, it's him. He just thinks he is the cats meow. Funny - He's always said he'll never be the fat Elvis. He's worse. At least Elvis could still sing when he got fat.

Agree, some serious soul searching is needed once this god forsaken tour is complete

Sissy3 12-06-2013 09:25 PM

I would hope he's aware they are not the band they used to be. He's just not going to actually verbalize it in public. Unless his ego is way bigger than I already think it is and he truly feels they haven't really changed that much. Maybe Obie needs to sit him down and make him watch a few carefully selected videos of himself, not singing at his best. But then, would O really want to mess up that gravy train? ;)

Supersonic 12-06-2013 09:48 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1157287)
I wonder if Jon really believes they're touring "at the same level they're used to".

Jon's not talking about actual musical levels. He measures the levels by what money they're getting from every performance, and how many people show up. It's got nothing to do with music anymore, and he seems to "forget" that nowadays.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

jdanielross 12-06-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1157294)
Aloha !

Jon's not talking about actual musical levels. He measures the levels by what money they're getting from every performance, and how many people show up. It's got nothing to do with music anymore, and he seems to "forget" that nowadays.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

This.

"Level" to him/ them is all about size of venue and capacity reached in said venues, profit, Billboard Touring Awards, etc.

The Rock 12-07-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Exactly! His talking about the level of success and the fact that they can still play stadiums and have a number 1 tour. Not how he used to sing and the performance.

DestinationJovi 12-07-2013 04:40 AM

Quote:

Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

It's all about the money.

@TheMattBongiovi: @pribartolomeo far from the end. Still the biggest selling tour in the world both in gross and ticket sales. Not going anywhere :-)

rolo_tomachi 12-07-2013 04:47 PM

Javier 12-07-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1157273)
Press conference in Australia. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKkB0BCD9jM

"Thankfully between me and Bobby we were more than able of playing guitar"

:lol: you sure Jon?? :lol:

golittleperson 12-07-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1157318)

I remember interviews with Stuart Smith, saying Richie had just a short window between his solo work, tour to get by and lay this track down. He is a pro! That's part of what makes the last 7 months so hard to grasp.