Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Solid Sambora 05-25-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1133558)
Matt isn't a trustworthy source either.

Can I suggest he may be telling the truth on this one? Those tweets actually come across as sincere. He's probably as appalled at the story as the rest of us. After all, it's his niece they're dragging into it.

ticos_stick 05-25-2013 07:22 PM

I'd like to hear Richie's thoughts on Bobby. At first he was just stuck in the back playing rhythm but it seems Jon has given him an ever increasing role, leaving Richie to take the back seat for portions of the set. I'd imagine even the tamest ego would be rattled by that.

LeaJovi 05-25-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1133587)
I'd like to hear Richie's thoughts on Bobby. At first he was just stuck in the back playing rhythm but it seems Jon has given him an ever increasing role, leaving Richie to take the back seat for portions of the set. I'd imagine even the tamest ego would be rattled by that.

I'd guess that while things were working, leaving one or two solos to that disabled guitarist was not a big deal. They are maybe friends/get along and he wanted a solo and Richie gave him that.

I don't think Jon told Richie: "From now Bobby is playing the ITA solo." Probably didn't even have anything to say in the matter.

Matrix15 05-25-2013 07:30 PM

I'm disappointed by the lack of thought for Mr Bryan thread.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/9583/11286440.png

Living_on_my_Hair 05-25-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1133587)

Phil X ‏@TheRealPhilX 7m
so me & Bobby B r sitting in a cafe & run into my buddy Marco Mendoza. IN STOCKHOLM!!! #smallworldmoment

Now Bobby and Phil are best buddies, and clearly plotting to steal Richie's spot! Conspiracy!11
Samboragate was an inside job!

crashed 05-25-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix15 (Post 1133589)
I'm disappointed by the lack of thought for Mr Bryan thread.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/9583/11286440.png

I already said I was team poodle hair ;) I just couldn't do a picture!

JoviJovi 05-25-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1133584)
They must have deleted everything or it must be me failing at understanding Twitter once again, 'cause I don't see it. Also, is anyone able to get what that tweet means, like, in English?

First, I have no idea what the heck the tweet means at all. It seems they have calmed down for now, but if you put @therealsambora into the search field and look at "All" tweets (not just "Top" tweets) and go back about an hor, they are all still there.

jessycardy 05-25-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1133590)
Phil X ‏@TheRealPhilX 7m
so me & Bobby B r sitting in a cafe & run into my buddy Marco Mendoza. IN STOCKHOLM!!! #smallworldmoment

Now Bobby and Phil are best buddies, and clearly plotting to steal Richie's spot! Conspiracy!11
Samboragate was an inside job!

He even refers to him as Bobby B! ZOMFG

jessycardy 05-25-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1133592)
First, I have no idea what the heck the tweet means at all. It seems they have calmed down for now, but if you put @therealsambora into the search field and look at "All" tweets (not just "Top" tweets) and go back about an hor, they are all still there.

Yeah, now I see something. I don't really see the number at the end of it. One person actually changed the tweet a little bit, apparently in an attempt to make it comprehensible, but to no avail. I have no idea what it means, nor do I know what they're trying to do. It doesn't seem like a major deal, though. Probably some sort of organized tweet-fest that will quickly fade away.

JoviJovi 05-25-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1133594)
Yeah, now I see something. I don't really see the number at the end of it. One person actually changed the tweet a little bit, apparently in an attempt to make it comprehensible, but to no avail. I have no idea what it means, nor do I know what they're trying to do. It doesn't seem like a major deal, though. Probably some sort of organized tweet-fest that will quickly fade away.

No, not a major deal at all, just annoying when trying to look through tweets :)

Sissy3 05-25-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1133593)
He even refers to him as Bobby B! ZOMFG

Maybe he figures he needs to kiss up to the boss's little buddy. :D

bruce11981 05-25-2013 08:50 PM

It all goes back to the music

If they had released anything in the past 7 years 1/2 as infectious as this thread none of this would be happening. This is what happens when you release we weren't born to follow, superman, because we can, what about now, what do you got, etc. They long ago sacrificed great music in their quest to be #1. WAN was #1 but everyone knows it's lackluster, same with the circle, and they as a result are no longer relevant. That's difficult for any band and when it sinks in the wheels start to fall off. You can blame Jon being difficult or Richie being a diva but the reason this is happening is the music sucks, and this is just the natural result. I'd have been content if they had called it a career at the end of have a nice day tour but whether they continue after this tour or not, unless they drastically change things, I'm done.

crashed 05-25-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruce11981 (Post 1133600)
If they had released anything in the past 7 years 1/2 as infectious as this thread none of this would be happening. This is what happens when you release we weren't born to follow, superman, because we can, what about now, what do you got, etc. They long ago sacrificed great music in their quest to be #1. WAN was #1 but everyone knows it's lackluster, same with the circle, and they as a result are no longer relevant. That's difficult for any band and when it sinks in the wheels start to fall off. You can blame Jon being difficult or Richie being a diva but the reason this is happening is the music sucks, and this is just the natural result. I'd have been content if they had called it a career at the end of have a nice day tour but whether they continue after this tour or not, unless they drastically change things, I'm done.

If they were no longer relevant the media wouldn't have blinked an eyelid at the story and then they'd have been forgotten about.

Becky 05-25-2013 09:48 PM

I intended to come to Dry County to keep up with this thread and accidentally clicked my link for Television Without Pity's Soap Operas forum. I had to laugh at how appropriate that actually was. This stuff is more convoluted than Days of Our Lives any day.

Kiwi78 05-25-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix15 (Post 1133565)
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1892/42905080.png

Isn't it weird if you cross Twitter and Matt you get Twat?

hahahahaha! THIS is gold.

While I appreciate Matt seems to comment timely to ease the masses, it's not his job and he can't be trusted.

bruce11981 05-25-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1133603)
If they were no longer relevant the media wouldn't have blinked an eyelid at the story and then they'd have been forgotten about.

That's just it, the meda doesn't really care all that much. If they cared the lunch Richie had would have been swarmed with press, the band wouldn't be able to go anywhere. Instead you got an initial story from TMZ but they've been nowhere since because the masses simply don't care. A couple web stories is nothing in the scope of media coverage this would have received even 5 years ago.

crashed 05-25-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruce11981 (Post 1133619)
That's just it, the meda doesn't really care all that much. If they cared the lunch Richie had would have been swarmed with press, the band wouldn't be able to go anywhere. Instead you got an initial story from TMZ but they've been nowhere since because the masses simply don't care. A couple web stories is nothing in the scope of media coverage this would have received even 5 years ago.

5 years ago? No, they had it in 1989 when they were the biggest band in the world, but the media was a very different thing back then too. But we've had this relevancy discussion in plenty of threads no need to bring it into this one.

The Rock 05-25-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

The media now looks for scandal, this is not scandal. If he leaves, he leaves, if he doesn't, he doesn't. A band member leaving a band is not big news. It will commented about but rock magazines and in the music sites but members leaving bands don't sell magazines. Scandal sells. Jon being dead, that was every where, his daughter OD, that was everywhere. Richie, Denise, Heather, big news. It's all scandal. We live in a kardashian world now. If it's not scandal, it doesn't sell.

SadieLady 05-25-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

That's just it, the meda doesn't really care all that much. If they cared the lunch Richie had would have been swarmed with press, the band wouldn't be able to go anywhere. Instead you got an initial story from TMZ but they've been nowhere since because the masses simply don't care.

Agreed. And there are never that many reader comments on any Bon Jovi mentions in TMZ, Daily Mail or PerezHilton = masses don't care.

Jon was the Justin Bieber of his day and those days never last. Jon has always said of any hot new singer or group that it takes 10, 20, 30 years to have a career. If he deliberately invested in a rock 'n roll lifestyle and went after the media coverage, he could extend his time in the media glare but he refers to his music as his "day job" not "who he is."

Kathleen 05-25-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1133550)
I think until this is all sorted out I'll go with Team Poodle On My Head.

I've decided to go with you - Dave was smart enough to write an award winning Broadway musical. Perhaps he could sort this mess out.

MrNickel 05-25-2013 11:13 PM

I'm on team Ticco, if there is such a thing.

jessycardy 05-25-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1133622)
The media now looks for scandal, this is not scandal. If he leaves, he leaves, if he doesn't, he doesn't. A band member leaving a band is not big news. It will commented about but rock magazines and in the music sites but members leaving bands don't sell magazines. Scandal sells. Jon being dead, that was every where, his daughter OD, that was everywhere. Richie, Denise, Heather, big news. It's all scandal. We live in a kardashian world now. If it's not scandal, it doesn't sell.

That's right. And that's also the reason why some gossip sites are picking up this story as well in the first place. It's not about Richie leaving the tour, who gives a shit in that circle. It's about Jon and Richie fighting, Jon trashing Richie, Richie not giving a **** about the band and giving his all to fashion, Jon's daughter, money, Richie back in rehab, etc.... That's why they make up all this stuff: the matter itself (Richie leaving the tour) doesn't sell. They're after scandals, as you aptly put it.

DestinationJovi 05-25-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix15 (Post 1133565)
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1892/42905080.png

Isn't it weird if you cross Twitter and Matt you get Twat?

Twat..LOL! Brilliant! :lol:

Lisa71 05-26-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1133622)

This is so true. Look at what happened to Britney Spears once she got better, the media don't care. When she was crazy Britney, the media followed her everywhere. Look at Nicole Richie, she is now married with two children and runs a business, who cares. The media wants Paris Hilton's best friend back, who was going to court and apparently anorexic. Would the press follow Chris Martin if he wasn't married to Gwyneth?

The members of Bon Jovi were never tabloid material. The only member they follow is Jon. You never see David, you only see Richie when he is dating a celebrity (Ally, Cher, Heather and Denise) when his on his own, they don't care. You only saw Tico when he was married to Eva, now nothing. Jon is the only one you see but compare to other celebrities,, his boring.

PatriciaSambora 05-26-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix15 (Post 1133542)
Well after near enough 500 pages of speculation I thinks its time we declare our allegiances.

Time to choose people.........

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3038/jonb.png

OR

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3669/richp.png

Hahaha too funny! I always was team Richie but now I'm a little bit confused...

WillRunForChocolate 05-26-2013 12:39 AM

An entertaining summary of all we know - and don't know... http://www.examiner.com/article/lone...alerts_article

Becky 05-26-2013 01:12 AM

Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora 8s

Hey everybody, there's nothing I can say right now cause nothing is resolved. I thank you all for your loyalty and concern...

Gee, that really helps clear things up.

ezearis 05-26-2013 01:19 AM

I just noticed that Richie's twitter is @TheRealSambora and Phil's Twitter is @TheRealPhilX. CONSPIRACY.

MrNickel 05-26-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1133640)

Hey everybody, there's nothing I can say right now cause nothing is resolved. I thank you all for your loyalty and concern...

THEN LOG THE F**K OUT and don't say anything................jeeez.

This crap never ends. He had no problem talking to that website a couple of days ago.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 05-26-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1133640)

Well at least there's something to resolve... Don't know if that's good or bad, but if he'd just said 'f*ck it I'm outta here', there probably wouldn't be nothing to talk about/resolve.

MrNickel 05-26-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linnea.cfc32_jovibandana (Post 1133644)
Well at least there's something to resolve... Don't know if that's good or bad, but if he'd just said 'f*ck it I'm outta here', there probably wouldn't be nothing to talk about/resolve.

Could be resolving what royalties he gets after he leaves the band.

Becky 05-26-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1133643)
THEN LOG THE F**K OUT and don't say anything................jeeez.

This crap never ends. He had no problem talking to that website a couple of days ago.

I really doubt he actually talked to that tabloid/website. I think they just made stuff up. If he would/could say that stuff to the media, there's no reason he'd say he can't say anything on his Twitter.

ticos_stick 05-26-2013 01:22 AM

Sounds like he's trying to imply the ball isn't in his court. He must be legally bound to not discuss contractual issues. If it really was a personal issue with his family or himself he'd have said so by now or it would have leaked weeks ago.

jessycardy 05-26-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linnea.cfc32_jovibandana (Post 1133644)

I could have said I like to see the glass half full, but this is more like hanging onto the sad nothings that are thrown at us as if they were gold. Either way, whatever you wanna call it, I'm with you on that one.

ezearis 05-26-2013 01:28 AM

Yesterday there was a movement done by a chilean fan where they bombarded Richie, Matt and the band's Twitter with mentions. He was talking to them, for sure.

jovigirloz 05-26-2013 01:30 AM

With all that is going on with Jon and Richie this song is somewhat fitting..
http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/ne...te=1&p=1133649

The Rock 05-26-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1133648)
Sounds like he's trying to imply the ball isn't in his court. He must be legally bound to not discuss contractual issues. If it really was a personal issue with his family or himself he'd have said so by now or it would have leaked weeks ago.

That's my understanding too. He can't say anything until all the legalities are out of the way. Then don't write anything now until you do!

Jonty 05-26-2013 01:39 AM

i actually think this is a big conspiracy by Jon and Richie!! They love quoting all their figures..... millions of fans, albums, numbers of countries etc etc, they just want to be able to quote that they are the first band to have a thread on a fan wesbsite which reached 500 pages!!!! Another milestone for the collection!

Crushgen24/88 05-26-2013 01:41 AM

"Fans from 52 countries posted in that thread."

But yeah, I can't wait for the tell-all book about all this.

jovigirloz 05-26-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1133655)
i actually think this is a big conspiracy by Jon and Richie!! They love quoting all their figures..... millions of fans, albums, numbers of countries etc etc, they just want to be able to quote that they are the first band to have a thread on a fan wesbsite which reached 500 pages!!!! Another milestone for the collection!

You have got the correct answer and have won yourself the golden ticket ;)