Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official Youtube.com Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36750)

JackieBlue 08-06-2019 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1258133)
Drunk, among friends and relaxed makes a big difference I think. It still wasn't great obviously but definitely better than most of the recent live performances.

I agree. My first thought was that he sounded better here than he did in most of the recent concerts. I think being more relaxed also has a lot to do with why he sounds better in the smaller Runaway shows.

YOVANAfromPeru 08-06-2019 10:28 PM

I guess you think it sounds better 'cause is higher, still awful. And because it has the energy of the original track of course. In this thread there are more links... https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...283/page6.html

Captain_jovi 08-06-2019 10:51 PM

I forgot about this one. The band goes back into the chorus after the bridge and Jon goes into the extended Let's gooooooooooo thing they were doing the previous tour. Woof.

rokenrola 08-07-2019 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1258124)
Jon can't even sing his own song Karaoke without sounding awful... All he has to do is harmonize with himself... The Stones played local last night and after seeing them, it's so sad to think that Jagger has 20 years on Jon.

https://youtu.be/qbv63W53x3k

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Jagger dont sing,he talks a loud,shouting,he never was a singer and compare him with Jon is nonsense. Why everybody here have an urge to compare Jon with singers like Jagger or Springsteen,different worlds,music,playing style of singing. Stones are overrated in so many ways,they are little kids compare to the Zeppelin,Queen,Purple,Eagles and a couple of more old bands in terms of singing,playing and singwriting.

Walleris 08-08-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokenrola (Post 1258158)
Jagger dont sing,he talks a loud,shouting,he never was a singer and compare him with Jon is nonsense. Why everybody here have an urge to compare Jon with singers like Jagger or Springsteen,different worlds,music,playing style of singing. Stones are overrated in so many ways,they are little kids compare to the Zeppelin,Queen,Purple,Eagles and a couple of more old bands in terms of singing,playing and singwriting.

While you are right that Mick was never a spectacular singer like Jon was and that's partially the reason why he's still doing it at the same level now in his advanced age (in other words, baritone singers usually age better than tenors), your belittling of the Stones is non-sense; especially when you give examples of bands whom are they supposedly ware like "little kids" to, when most of them were inspired by the Beatles and Stones, whether as pioneers for their genre of music (rock in the 60s) or Mick as a charismatic frontman.

Supersonic 08-08-2019 11:29 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokenrola (Post 1258158)

Instead of telling everyone who's wrong how about you start telling us what's right instead? As soon as someone brings an argument on the table you're often first in line to critisize it by bringing up the "different worlds, different music, different playing style, different singing" and what not. In the end of the line though, there's not many singers sounding as shit as Jon Bon Jovi does nowadays.

When it comes to front men Mick Jagger's not setting the bar, Mick Jagger pretty much is the bar nowadays. There's not many front men out there saying "When I'm 75 I don't want to be in the condition Mick Jagger's in now". I'd say most 75 year olds, whether they're famous or not wish they'd have his stamina and health. I certaintly would once I'm that old.

He's still got close to full control of his vocals and even with all the supposedly "loud shouting" he's able to sing songs in the same key they were recorded in 25 years ago. In Bon Jovi language it'd mean Jon wouldn't struggle with anything released on These Days. Meanwhile however, Jon downtunes songs he supposedly recorded just 2 years ago and hasn't sung the chorus of This House Is Not For Sale once. All your arguments in regards to other singers mean nothing when it boils down to one thing only; Jon Bon Jovi can't sing anymore.

So go ahead. Instead of slamming everything everyone says on here in regards to Jon Bon Jovi, feel free to come up with examples that live up to your personal standards. Who should we compare Jon Bon Jovi with?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

YOVANAfromPeru 08-09-2019 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1258175)
All your arguments in regards to other singers mean nothing

>_< jajajajaj

BJFan99 08-09-2019 07:21 AM

Quote:

Who should we compare Jon Bon Jovi with?

Vocally, I'd say David Lee Roth and Vince Neil :D

rokenrola 08-09-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Aloha !

Instead of telling everyone who's wrong how about you start telling us what's right instead? As soon as someone brings an argument on the table you're often first in line to critisize it by bringing up the "different worlds, different music, different playing style, different singing" and what not. In the end of the line though, there's not many singers sounding as shit as Jon Bon Jovi does nowadays.

When it comes to front men Mick Jagger's not setting the bar, Mick Jagger pretty much is the bar nowadays. There's not many front men out there saying "When I'm 75 I don't want to be in the condition Mick Jagger's in now". I'd say most 75 year olds, whether they're famous or not wish they'd have his stamina and health. I certaintly would once I'm that old.

He's still got close to full control of his vocals and even with all the supposedly "loud shouting" he's able to sing songs in the same key they were recorded in 25 years ago. In Bon Jovi language it'd mean Jon wouldn't struggle with anything released on These Days. Meanwhile however, Jon downtunes songs he supposedly recorded just 2 years ago and hasn't sung the chorus of This House Is Not For Sale once. All your arguments in regards to other singers mean nothing when it boils down to one thing only; Jon Bon Jovi can't sing anymore.

So go ahead. Instead of slamming everything everyone says on here in regards to Jon Bon Jovi, feel free to come up with examples that live up to your personal standards. Who should we compare Jon Bon Jovi with?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I dont argue with negative people like you,from the first line of yours here that I saw I realise that you are some special kind but in negative way. But I must write something.
Why should we compare Jon to someone else? It is like compare you with normal person who sees good and not only bad. Every person is special in one way or another. You see everything black and some sparkle of grey. No matter of some band got influence from Stones,bands that I mention are far better in every way than Stones. I dont care that you think Jon cant sing,I was at Klagenfurt show,for me solid singing,not cracking,yes he struggles but overall singing wise it is solid. I dont mind you and others have negative opinion baout band,it is your right but to be that way constant and spit on the band is boring. So every person who attend BJ show frome USA to Europe are fools,def,blind and you are smart and know everything. Enjoy
yourself,I wish you the best,but for whatever is the reason,you are very very negative person or you wish to be that way.

YOVANAfromPeru 08-09-2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokenrola (Post 1258191)
It is like compare you with normal person

>_< jajajajaj