Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Captain_jovi 01-23-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovi76 (Post 1160802)
What impact would it have on Jon for Richie to sing a solo song - none.

If it had no impact it wouldn't keep changing to something the fans would get into more. Look at the Circle tour.

Homebound Train - Lay Your Hands On Me - Lay Your Hands with extended jam. The crowd wasn't going for the lesser known song so they switched it. When Jon does a song no one knows it creates a lull and he has to win them back over, same with Richie but it's double as hard because people see it as a reason to leave their seats for a bit.

I'm just saying this as a fan who's noticed things, the massive moment of feet when Richie sings is disheartening.

Kathleen 01-23-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1160815)
the massive moment of feet when Richie sings is disheartening.

Love the way you put that Matt :D

Rdkopper 01-23-2014 04:29 PM

I honestly think that Richie can't stand Jon anymore. I think Jon was always tough on Richie on a control standpoint (even on the 1992 KTF rehersal that was going on - ive been meaning to point that out) and I think Jon just got worse throughout the years.

They were like a married couple who are now separated. If they get back together, its for the children, us fans.

If you observe how they interacted in the 80s compared to the last ten years, it's evident that they are nothing more then business partners. I'd bet that Jon knows nothing about Aftermath and didn't even give it a proper listen.

And the sad thing is, the music takes the brunt of it all.

Captain_jovi 01-23-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1160819)
Love the way you put that Matt :D

Damn typo. Meant to say movement!

rolo_tomachi 01-23-2014 07:13 PM

It would have been fun to see Jon sing "Not Running" or "Old Habits" and then see Richie sing "Every Road" or "Seven Years Gone" in the same show. A shame.

Kathleen 01-23-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1160822)
Damn typo. Meant to say movement!

I know you did - but it still had quite a meaning. The feet certainly had their moment with Richie singing.

SadieLady 01-23-2014 08:46 PM

I am curious if Jon ever mentioned anywhere what he thought of Aftermath. I know when Billy Falcone put out a CD a 3 or so years ago, Jon announced it on Twitter and suggested fans check it out. I don't recall him doing the same for Richie, or giving his opinion of it in an interview. He didn't even wishing Richie a happy birthday on Twitter this year. No hard feelings? Yea, right.

Captain_jovi 01-23-2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadieLady (Post 1160825)
I am curious if Jon ever mentioned anywhere what he thought of Aftermath. I know when Billy Falcone put out a CD a 3 or so years ago, Jon announced it on Twitter and suggested fans check it out. I don't recall him doing the same for Richie, or giving his opinion of it in an interview. He didn't even wishing Richie a happy birthday on Twitter this year. No hard feelings? Yea, right.

Because he didn't wish Richie a happy birthday on twitter? Jon doesn't even run the account, it's a social media team from the label.

I have a feeling Billy asked Jon to write a short recommendation on the album (or maybe he did it on it's own) I wouldn't use it against Richie because he didn't do the same.

Javier 01-23-2014 10:25 PM

Jon did mention Richie's record at his solo acoustic fan club show in San Francisco. I don't remember what he said, but I know he mentioned it....

jovi76 01-23-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1160815)
If it had no impact it wouldn't keep changing to something the fans would get into more. Look at the Circle tour.

Homebound Train - Lay Your Hands On Me - Lay Your Hands with extended jam. The crowd wasn't going for the lesser known song so they switched it. When Jon does a song no one knows it creates a lull and he has to win them back over, same with Richie but it's double as hard because people see it as a reason to leave their seats for a bit.

I'm just saying this as a fan who's noticed things, the massive moment of feet when Richie sings is disheartening.

That was the whole point of what I was writing.

But this doesn't mean Jon said to Richie you have to change the song. Richie could just as easily have decided to sing a Bon Jovi song himself. You don't think his ego would take a battering singing to people completely disinterested.