Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official Youtube.com Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36750)

Kathleen 11-28-2019 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1260116)
Bon Jovi | Rock And Roll Music | Twist And Shout | St. Paul 2003 - YouTube

After David's solo, Richie takes the lead vocals on one chorus of Rock And Roll Music.

God, I miss that man :(

Faceman 11-28-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1260116)
After David's solo, Richie takes the lead vocals on one chorus of Rock And Roll Music.

Great upload, thanks man!
I'd guess Richie and Jon shared the mic after Dave's solo and as usual Richie dominated with his voice :D

Walleris 11-28-2019 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1260120)
Great upload, thanks man!
I'd guess Richie and Jon shared the mic after Dave's solo and as usual Richie dominated with his voice :D

I don't think so, because Richie was singing the lead part and not the harmony.

bonjovi90 11-28-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1260121)
I don't think so, because Richie was singing the lead part and not the harmony.

I tend to think the it wasn't a shared mic either because Richie's singing voice sounds as loud as Jon's here. If he had sung into the lead microphone on such short notice, it would have been much louder since Jon's singing voice usually is rather quiet in comparison to many other singers.

Faceman 11-28-2019 09:37 PM

Well, unless we find some video footage we won't get a solution, but...:D

I listened to it a couple of times now and I still think that they share a mic.
I see your point with the harmonies, Walleris, but the chorus in that song doesn't have harmonies.
Regarding the loudness, Dominik - Richie is much louder than Jon, that's why you think he's singing lead :D You can still hear Jon singing the chorus as well, just not as loud because of Richie's voice.
Just watch and listen to other performances where they shared the mic (e.g. the first bridge from I'd Die For You from Montreal 1995, beginning at 01:00 ), it's the same...let's call it "vocal pattern" or loudness level between their voices. Richie's dominant voice with Jon's quite lower one in the background.

And besides those points, it wouldn't make any sense for Richie to sing lead on that one. Why would he?
1) Jon wants him to shine? Than he probably would have made a short "announcement" like "come on, Richiiieee" or something like that or some wild gestures that would have made the audience going wild - but none of that can be heard. And in that case Jon wouldn't sing the chorus, too.
2) Jon has a vocal problem and thus wants Richie to help him out? In that case Jon wouldn't sing it together with him either.
Additional to those 2 points, you can hear Jon start singing the chorus before Richie kicks in which doesn't make any sense, too, if Richie is supposed to sing lead.
3) Jon has nothing to do with it but Richie decided to sing lead from his sidekick-position? Come on, even in 2013 Richie wouldn't have dared to do so :D

bonjovi90 11-29-2019 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1260133)
Well, unless we find some video footage we won't get a solution, but...:D

I listened to it a couple of times now and I still think that they share a mic.
I see your point with the harmonies, Walleris, but the chorus in that song doesn't have harmonies.
Regarding the loudness, Dominik - Richie is much louder than Jon, that's why you think he's singing lead :D You can still hear Jon singing the chorus as well, just not as loud because of Richie's voice.
Just watch and listen to other performances where they shared the mic (e.g. the first bridge from I'd Die For You from Montreal 1995, beginning at 01:00 Bon Jovi - I'd Die For You (Montreal 1995) - YouTube), it's the same...let's call it "vocal pattern" or loudness level between their voices. Richie's dominant voice with Jon's quite lower one in the background.

And besides those points, it wouldn't make any sense for Richie to sing lead on that one. Why would he?
1) Jon wants him to shine? Than he probably would have made a short "announcement" like "come on, Richiiieee" or something like that or some wild gestures that would have made the audience going wild - but none of that can be heard. And in that case Jon wouldn't sing the chorus, too.
2) Jon has a vocal problem and thus wants Richie to help him out? In that case Jon wouldn't sing it together with him either.
Additional to those 2 points, you can hear Jon start singing the chorus before Richie kicks in which doesn't make any sense, too, if Richie is supposed to sing lead.
3) Jon has nothing to do with it but Richie decided to sing lead from his sidekick-position? Come on, even in 2013 Richie wouldn't have dared to do so :D

After "reviewing" this material from Toronto a few days earlier, you're most likely right. At the end of David's solo, you see Richie looking to Jon like "should I come to mic or not" and Jon seems to give some signal for him not to and he's like "okay, I'll go to my own microphone".
At around 1:40:

Johny 11-30-2019 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1260138)
After "reviewing" this material from Toronto a few days earlier, you're most likely right. At the end of David's solo, you see Richie looking to Jon like "should I come to mic or not" and Jon seems to give some signal for him not to and he's like "okay, I'll go to my own microphone".
At around 1:40:
Bon Jovi - Rock n' Roll Music (Live) - YouTube

I don't hear Richie singing lead in this video at all :/ strange

Faceman 11-30-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1260145)
I don't hear Richie singing lead in this video at all :/ strange

It's not about the video from Toronto but the audio from St. Paul, Dominik posted a couple of posts above ;)
The video from Toronto was just used to make a point.

bonjovi90 12-01-2019 10:47 PM

YOVANAfromPeru 12-02-2019 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1260178)

One question for Alec John Such and Richie Sambora: WHY!?
>_< jajajajaja