Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Alphavictim 05-09-2014 08:17 PM

What this really boils down to, though, is "I sold out". And now he's pissing both over the music a lot of people love and his partners who made him rich. Woopee.

Also, if the Bon Jovi sound was so limiting to him, why the hell did he do his own version of Rosi? And use the rest of the guys on his first solo album? As well as get Desmond Child to write?

Dude's trying to rewrite history and paint himself as the true musician of the band who never quite enjoyed the poppy stuff they released. Take some ****ing responsibility for the songs you wrote and the albums you recorded. He claims to have played such a huge role in the writing and production of the BJ albums, but now he wants nothing to do with that. Make up your mind.

RS8MB0R8 05-09-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1176293)
And everyone else is entitled to their opinions a a well, and that's mine. David never spoke the way Richie does in this interview, he has way more class than that.

Your opinion or not, I'm pointing out that no matter how you feel about his particular stance on Jovi's music, you are going completely OTT by saying he's full of shit just because you disagree with him.

Dave also hadn't fallen out with the CEO at the time of filming the documentary, which may explain the difference in language the pair of them used. At the time of the documentary, Dave actually came across as having the strongest opinions of all of them with respect to his true feelings about the band.

RonJovi 05-09-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1176284)
From the Australian Guitar Magazine June 2014 Issue ft. Richie & Orianthi.

http://i61.tinypic.com/x0pt9w.jpg

What a clown. You'd swear his solo albums are light years apart from Bon Jovi musically. F**king Undiscovered Soul was bland for the most part while parts of Stranger and AOTL are Joviesque and they're the better parts of those albums.

The man is a classless idiot who is just trying to insult Jon. If he continues like this I'm struggling to see a reunion. Either way, it'll never be the same again.

ticos_stick 05-09-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1176288)
He really is just a piece of shit.

Are you upset that Richie doesn't like Bon Jovi music as much as you do?

He loves The Beatles and blues music, it's hardly a surprise that he talks about Bon Jovi's output in negative terms. After 2000 he was more or less a session player who drank to get through the tours, before that I'd say his heart was in it though.

bonjovi90 05-09-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1176301)
He loves The Beatles and blues music, it's hardly a surprise that he talks about Bon Jovi's output in negative terms. After 2000 he was more or less a session player who drank to get through the tours, before that I'd say his heart was in it though.

I'd pretty much agree with that!

JoviJovi 05-09-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS8MB0R8 (Post 1176299)
Your opinion or not, I'm pointing out that no matter how you feel about his particular stance on Jovi's music, you are going completely OTT by saying he's full of shit just because you disagree with him.

Dave also hadn't fallen out with the CEO at the time of filming the documentary, which may explain the difference in language the pair of them used. At the time of the documentary, Dave actually came across as having the strongest opinions of all of them with respect to his true feelings about the band.

I said he is a PIECE of shit not FULL of shit. Big difference. My opinion is the Richie is a PIECE of shit for the things he said in that interview and others.

And again, what explains the difference between David and Richie is class. David has it, Richie doesn't.

JoviJovi 05-09-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

No, Richie acting like a prick is what upsets me. And now he was drinking because he didn't want to be there? Well then he should have left then or was he too much of a p**** back then? Poor, poor Richie, stuck in a situation he didn't want to be in for so long. Please, give me a break. You are projecting the Richie want to be the Richie that actually is.

Javier 05-10-2014 12:54 AM

Quote:

Yeah, a session player that co-wrote 40% of the songs and co-produced 100% of the material. Richie is just as responsible as Jon for the poppy sound. Christ, the man is deluded and surrounded by people that are just licking his ballsweat BECAUSE he used to play in Bon Jovi. Richie always was very excited about saying to everyone how they sold out 52 countries on every tour. He just has a very selective memory, which means that whatever suits him to say at that moment to look cool or better then he'll say, even if it is a lie....

SantaFe 05-10-2014 02:24 AM

And still his setlists will include turds like Who says you can't go home. Really?

Kathleen 05-10-2014 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1176310)
Yeah, a session player that co-wrote 40% of the songs and co-produced 100% of the material. Richie is just as responsible as Jon for the poppy sound. Christ, the man is deluded and surrounded by people that are just licking his ballsweat BECAUSE he used to play in Bon Jovi. Richie always was very excited about saying to everyone how they sold out 52 countries on every tour. He just has a very selective memory, which means that whatever suits him to say at that moment to look cool or better then he'll say, even if it is a lie....

I am afraid that I have to agree with you. Richie's solo stuff (while good in my opinion) sounded very much like the popular Bon Jovi. Maybe it was a bit blusier but certainly not outside the box. He can try to rewrite history all he wants but I (for one) don't buy it.