Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

MrNickel 05-10-2014 04:00 AM

Jeez, just as I was trying to convince myself to buy a ticket to the Dublin show he makes a dumbass comment like this.

He really needs to shut up.

MellyMel 05-10-2014 04:05 AM

I can't believe he is talking about bon jovi like this after being in the band for 30 years and making millions with them.

JerseyGiant 05-10-2014 10:59 AM

Well if that article isn't a sure way of saying he's done then I don't no what is, then again I always take everything with a pinch of salt, Jons always said don't listen to the press ;)

Supersonic 05-10-2014 11:20 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1176301)
Are you upset that Richie doesn't like Bon Jovi music as much as you do?

He loves The Beatles and blues music, it's hardly a surprise that he talks about Bon Jovi's output in negative terms. After 2000 he was more or less a session player who drank to get through the tours, before that I'd say his heart was in it though.

I find this hard to believe, really, and think it's been a mix of both. First he started drinking, so got less involved with Bon Jovi records, and because he then got less involved, he started drinking more.

If he'd actually kept his sanity he'd have put his foot down 10 years ago as opposed to pretending he was just tagging along all the time. First he goes on about how "It was the first time he was home for a year in thirty years because he was also producing and writing the records" and then it's suddenly him being just a session player? Yeah...

The bragging is just ridiculous beyond belief. "Doing gigs with BB King and Buddy Guy". He was invited as a guest player on one or two songs. The list with things of him trying to make his career looks so sad when you compare facts to fiction. :|

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

jovifan93 05-10-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1176313)
Jeez, just as I was trying to convince myself to buy a ticket to the Dublin show he makes a dumbass comment like this.

He really needs to shut up.

Was thinking the same thing, but I already have tickets and have always enjoyed his solo concerts :-(

Still can't f***ing stand the guy and his attitude at the moment. To p*ss on the biggest part your legacy, where you did have a lot of involvement (he can state otherwise and believe his own lies all the way he wants), is just plain stupid and disrespectful.

I was already mad at him for ruining the BWC tour in the "middle" (should've left before or after IMHO) and thinking about whether or not to get tickets to see him, and now this... :confused:

jovifan93 05-10-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1176323)

I find this hard to believe, really, and think it's been a mix of both. First he started drinking, so got less involved with Bon Jovi records, and because he then got less involved, he started drinking more.

I really think I liked him more when he was drinking :D

RonJovi 05-10-2014 08:52 PM

Richie is obviously a bit of a stupid man too. The man doesn't have an audience outside of Bon Jovi fans. He's trying to sell tickets for a tour and he's shitting all over the one thing his target market has in common.

Christ, he always came across as dumb in interviews but he's proving it now.

rokenrola 05-11-2014 12:25 AM

Richie must be fired,f..k him!

crashed 05-11-2014 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1176348)
Richie is obviously a bit of a stupid man too. The man doesn't have an audience outside of Bon Jovi fans. He's trying to sell tickets for a tour and he's shitting all over the one thing his target market has in common.

The Richie die-hards will still buy the tickets though, but I find it amusing that he'll fill most of his set with songs he's shitting on.

I'm still trying to find a Richie fan who found him through his own music and not Bon Jovi's though.

All of this really just makes me shake my head at someone I once idolised. No matter what's happened with him and Jon, him and the band, him and the music, burning your bridges in this sort of manner can never end well.

RonJovi 05-11-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1176354)
The Richie die-hards will still buy the tickets though, but I find it amusing that he'll fill most of his set with songs he's shitting on.

I'm still trying to find a Richie fan who found him through his own music and not Bon Jovi's though.

All of this really just makes me shake my head at someone I once idolised. No matter what's happened with him and Jon, him and the band, him and the music, burning your bridges in this sort of manner can never end well.

The die hards will but that won't sell out his tour. There's at least one poster here who is borderline on buying a ticket and erring on the side of staying at home because of the crap Richie is spouting. He won't be the only one.

I really hope Jon continues to stay silent on this because the more Richie opens his mouth, the classier Jon looks for not responding in kind. That said, an all out media war of words could be a laugh.