Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

The Rock 05-12-2014 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS8MB0R8 (Post 1176376)
Just to add perhaps an element of balance to this. The only thing that could be seen as a dig at Jovi is his comment about 'I was f**king playing Bon Jovi shit' but that could be completely misread. He swears for fun in interviews and the word 'shit' could easily have been said in the same context someone would say, 'getting his shit together'. He substitutes the word 'shit' for 'stuff' all the time so what else in there is offensive?

The question was how you stay sane in the madness of a prolific music career for their respective bands/acts. He answered the question - he likes to keep things fresh and varied. People are just choosing to jump down his throat over this printed comment without having heard the actual interview. When someone has already acted as controversially as he has, they tend not to be given the benefit of the doubt in debatable circumstances like this though.

I tend to agree with you and honestly, that was my first impression too. He just needs to be aware, that what he is saying in interviews, is being pulled apart. I don't think Richie meant the songs were shit. He just used that expression.

LeaJovi 05-12-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1176374)
Jon for all his faults always shows the proper amount respect for the legacy they've created.

That is not accurate. The first two albums are not respected by Jon (only runaway), not even a bit. Just pointing that out, doesn't change anything about Richie being a turd and Jon gracefully silent.

LeaJovi 05-12-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1176389)
I tend to agree with you and honestly, that was my first impression too. He just needs to be aware, that what he is saying in interviews, is being pulled apart. I don't think Richie meant the songs were shit. He just used that expression.

I didn't even realize people were thinking he referred to BJ music as shit. That's not the case, it's pretty clear it's just an expression. Is he putting down BJ music? Yes, but not as harshly as it may seem.

He is still deluded, playing with BB? The man called him rick sombrero, gimme a break.

RonJovi 05-12-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1176394)
That is not accurate. The first two albums are not respected by Jon (only runaway), not even a bit. Just pointing that out, doesn't change anything about Richie being a turd and Jon gracefully silent.

Don't really think that's fair. Whenever Jon is asked about the first two albums, he admits he doesn't like him but I've always heard him qualify that by saying "I'm not ashamed of those albums. They're as good as I could be at that point in time."

ticos_stick 05-13-2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1176323)
Aloha !

I find this hard to believe, really, and think it's been a mix of both. First he started drinking, so got less involved with Bon Jovi records, and because he then got less involved, he started drinking more.

If he'd actually kept his sanity he'd have put his foot down 10 years ago as opposed to pretending he was just tagging along all the time. First he goes on about how "It was the first time he was home for a year in thirty years because he was also producing and writing the records" and then it's suddenly him being just a session player? Yeah...

The bragging is just ridiculous beyond belief. "Doing gigs with BB King and Buddy Guy". He was invited as a guest player on one or two songs. The list with things of him trying to make his career looks so sad when you compare facts to fiction. :neutral:

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Yeah, Richie doesn't do himself any favours with the bragging, he seems to try to inflate everything he does when he's being interviewed. That side of him I don't particularly care for. I'd like to hear a bit more of exactly why he thinks the Bon Jovi work is shit or if it was just a turn of phrase as he does swear a lot. It's clear he hasn't been bothered for a while but he did put his name behind all everything except What About Now so it does look a bit contradictory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1176354)
The Richie die-hards will still buy the tickets though, but I find it amusing that he'll fill most of his set with songs he's shitting on.

Most of his set? the last shows featured 6 Bon Jovi songs out of 18 played.

Josie2013 05-14-2014 08:20 PM

IMHO, not only do I think Richie is drinking, but that he may be abusing other substances as well and possibly have some kind of mental disorder. This is not a man in his right mind. He is all over the place with his comments. He is currently spouting off his mouth so much because he is surrounded by a bunch of enablers who tell him Bon Jovi is nothing without him and yet, those people are only there because of the success he has had with Bon Jovi. They will soon leave and when they do, Richie will go crawling back to Jon and Jon probably will take him back; however, it most likely will not be the same but never say never, right? For Jon's part though, I think he really need to reevaluate what Bon Jovi has been doing for the past decade and a half, what they will do in the future and take into the consideration the opinions of his very talented bandmates.

RonJovi 05-14-2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josie2013 (Post 1176464)
IMHO, not only do I think Richie is drinking, but that he may be abusing other substances as well and possibly have some kind of mental disorder. This is not a man in his right mind. He is all over the place with his comments. He is currently spouting off his mouth so much because he is surrounded by a bunch of enablers who tell him Bon Jovi is nothing without him and yet, those people are only there because of the success he has had with Bon Jovi. They will soon leave and when they do, Richie will go crawling back to Jon and Jon probably will take him back; however, it most likely will not be the same but never say never, right? For Jon's part though, I think he really need to reevaluate what Bon Jovi has been doing for the past decade and a half, what they will do in the future and take into the consideration the opinions of his very talented bandmates.

Someone else made a great post on here recently. Jon has done the same thing that he sacked Doc McGhee for and that made him fall out of love with music in the late 80s/early 90s. He's turned Bon Jovi into a machine that churns out records and tours every other year even if his bandmates don't want that.

Richie is a clown in so many ways but Jon needs to take a look in the mirror if he wants Bon Jovi to continue.

SadieLady 05-14-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

IMHO, not only do I think Richie is drinking, but that he may be abusing other substances as well and possibly have some kind of mental disorder.

I don't know whether he is drinking or not but for pete's sake get a grip. Richie is doing what he needs to do--promoting his new music. For years he has had the biggest heart in the band (even Jon has said that) and for years he was a loyal promoter of all things Bon Jovi, he toed the line in relaying Jon's vision and saw his job as "keeping Jon happy" (per the WWWB documentary). After 30 years he wants to be his own man. I grant that he did it in an objectionable way but he has earned the right to try something else in the field he loves.

He has more than paid his dues with Bon Jovi, now he is paying his dues as a solo artist. You don't think that Jon isn't surrounded by yes men? Dream on.

SuperBrad 05-14-2014 09:16 PM

Quote:

Um yeah , you are seriously over reacting .... He is having fun doing what he loves . He is happy ! Im happy for him .

Javier 05-15-2014 01:45 AM

I don't know what's going on with Richie but just flat out assuming that he's drunk and abusing all types of drugs from just his comments and his troubles is over reaching a bit. He doesn't look like a drunk or drug addict, I mean he may be but we have no way of really knowing for sure. I don't think he's drunk or substance abuse, I just think he's a bit of a douchebag and not really that bright when it comes to promoting himself and how to handle multiple work responsibilities at the same time. But he's always been that way....