Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

MrNickel 05-20-2014 12:27 AM

I always come back to this video when I think about all the stuff that happened, very strong video. Richie wasn't on tour when this was released was he ?

jovifan93 05-21-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1176657)
I always come back to this video when I think about all the stuff that happened, very strong video. Richie wasn't on tour when this was released was he ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBMq3lybsi4

Yeah, I almost forgot how fitting that song (and especially the video) is. Makes me shiver...

liljovi93 05-21-2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1176657)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBMq3lybsi4

I watched this a few months back and found it fitting too. It just goes to show how much has changed. They do a video like this back then but now they don't even speak by the sounds of it. Obviously, the whole situation is different with him walking out or whatever but it is mad.

That video had me thinking they were going to call it a day in 2008!

LeaJovi 05-21-2014 05:04 PM

I always pictured that song as Jon talking to the fans that don't approve the new direction the band took.

ticos_stick 05-21-2014 05:15 PM

It's a song about divorce and was written before Richie ever took a break from the band. The lyrics "I close my eyes and picture your hand in mine" take any Richie - Jon connotations away from the song for me.

Sambo-Chris 05-21-2014 05:29 PM

The connection ist that jon wrote it for richie. He said this once.

ticos_stick 05-21-2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1176834)
The connection ist that jon wrote it for richie. He said this once.

I meant that there's no connection with Richie leaving the band or Jon & Richie falling out.

Josie2013 05-21-2014 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiggy (Post 1176474)
doing something he wants to do away from a machine doesnt make a person a drunk.. he may have been drinking again if he kept in bon jovi.

No it doesn't - but I still think he's drinking.

Josie2013 05-21-2014 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadieLady (Post 1176468)
I don't know whether he is drinking or not but for pete's sake get a grip. Richie is doing what he needs to do--promoting his new music. For years he has had the biggest heart in the band (even Jon has said that) and for years he was a loyal promoter of all things Bon Jovi, he toed the line in relaying Jon's vision and saw his job as "keeping Jon happy" (per the WWWB documentary). After 30 years he wants to be his own man. I grant that he did it in an objectionable way but he has earned the right to try something else in the field he loves.

He has more than paid his dues with Bon Jovi, now he is paying his dues as a solo artist. You don't think that Jon isn't surrounded by yes men? Dream on.

I never said Jon isn't surrounded by yes men. I'm sure he rarely, if ever, hears the word no. Sure, Richie has the right to be his own man and do his own thing. But that doesn't change the fact that he left in the middle of the tour and is generally just coming across as a dumbarse in interviews. Richie wasn't Jon's b*itch the past 30 years, he enjoyed all the success and fame just as much as Jon. I don't think that Richie was crying about being more artistic and Jon got out his whip and put him back in his place. He just has a different perspective on it now. He wants everyone to think he is this artistic, soulful artist. Bon Jovi is just as much Richie as it is Jon. Now, I want to make clear that I don't think Jon is an angel. As I mentioned, he really needs to reevaluate where the band is going and get back to basics.

As far as Richie drinking - its not such a far fetched thought. As far as him abusing other substances such as pills - again not far fetched since he has struggled with this in the past. As far as my comment about him having a mental disorder, its not like I'm suggesting he has schizophrena. However, extended alcohol abuse does affect your brain. Alcohol and substance abuse are in and off themselves classifies as mental disorders. He just seems wacky to me.

Josie2013 05-22-2014 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiggy (Post 1176873)
relax he is NOT abusing alcohol or any substances.. your ASSumptions are based on what ? your opinion on wacky? what is wacky mean to u?:rolleyes:

My ASSumption(very clever:rolleyes:) is based on his appearance, behavior and performance. But since Richie assured you he is NOT drinking, I am clearly wrong.

And now I'm done getting into arguments online with people I don't even know on a forum where we should "discuss" our favorite band.:(