Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

SadieLady 06-20-2014 03:29 AM

I've read both interviews being posted and I don't see him being a douche. He has said in the past (i.e. on the Circle Tour) that Bon Jovi is a huge machine--a juggernaut that kept on rolling along. He just stated it as a fact, not as a criticism. He felt he needed to step out of the machine which left him open to a lot of criticism from his fans. (And against the opinions of the initial naysayers, the machine kept rolling along without him.)

So now in interviews he is distinguishing what he is doing by saying that his solo shows are not a machine. This means looser shows, no scripted banter, more spontaneity--things that diehards have been wanting at Bon Jovi shows. There is an upside to that and an obvious downside.

As I have said before, if he and the fans at the show are happy, then opinions on Jovitalk that overanalyze every note and syllable are to be taken in that perspective. I know Thierry and Supersonic didn't enjoy the show but they are 2 out of a few hundred. Both are excellent reviewers but it reminds me of when I was taking college courses on the history of movies--it was hard for me to enjoy a movie for a long time afterwards because I was analyzing angles, lighting, screen setups, voice intonations, etc.

I am just curious how this tour is being funded given he isn't promoting a new release (Aftermath is history now) and has no record company behind him. It isn't cheap to travel with a band.

Dave88 06-20-2014 09:06 AM

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyl...px?RSSName=New

He sounds like a drunk idiot.

Tom_K 06-21-2014 03:33 PM

At Richie's concert in Munich yesterday when he was introducing the band and talking about Luke Ebbin, he mentioned how they were both caged in Bon Jovi togeter for some time. I may have missheard but it was a totally unnecessary dig at the band.

There's obviously some strong resentment on Richie's side, probably stemming from back in 2011 when he realized the Bon Jovi machine doesn't stop, if he's not there.

Captain_jovi 06-21-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom_K (Post 1178671)
At Richie's concert in Munich yesterday when he was introducing the band and talking about Luke Ebbin, he mentioned how they were both caged in Bon Jovi togeter for some time. I may have missheard but it was a totally unnecessary dig at the band.

There's obviously some strong resentment on Richie's side, probably stemming from back in 2011 when he realized the Bon Jovi machine doesn't stop, if he's not there.

It reminds me of the first thing he says here:
"We made Bounce. Bounce wasn't so much fun to make but we still shoved it up everyone's ass and made a lot of money" which is so strange. I don't know why he's victimizing himself so big.

rolo_tomachi 06-21-2014 05:27 PM

Well, Jon has always spoken bad of the first two albums, especially 7800º Fahrenheit. He say uses it as a coaster, that bothered me. I like 7800º, and the real coasters are the albums of this last decade.

semigoodlookin 06-21-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1178683)
Well, Jon has always spoken bad of the first two albums, especially 7800º Fahrenheit. He say uses it as a coaster, that bothered me. I like 7800º, and the real coasters are the albums of this last decade.

Yeah, this is a little different. I would have no problem with Richie saying he hates an album. However, he is making it seem like he didn't even want to be there and was in someway forced to be. If the latest comment is true, he is also making it sound that a producer plucked from virtual obscurity to make two albums for one of the biggest rock bands in history didn't want to be there either, or was forced to be there.

I got the feeling with the Bounce record comment that he was including Jon in that. Perhaps he meant the band didn't like it but enjoyed ramming it down throats, considering Jon hardly touches the record live it would make sense. He may also not even be saying he doesn't like Bounce, but is instead saying it wasn't fun because of the general tone behind the album. Either way, i didnt take the Bounce comment as a dig, but this new comment (again if true) is strange.

Captain_jovi 06-21-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1178685)
Yeah, this is a little different. I would have no problem with Richie saying he hates an album. However, he is making it seem like he didn't even want to be there and was in someway forced to be. If the latest comment is true, he is also making it sound that a producer plucked from virtual obscurity to make two albums for one of the biggest rock bands in history didn't want to be there either, or was forced to be there.

I got the feeling with the Bounce record comment that he was including Jon in that. Perhaps he meant the band didn't like it but enjoyed ramming it down throats, considering Jon hardly touches the record live it would make sense. He may also not even be saying he doesn't like Bounce, but is instead saying it wasn't fun because of the general tone behind the album. Either way, i didnt take the Bounce comment as a dig, but this new comment (again if true) is strange.

Personally I took it like Bounce was a very very very calculated album to make. Not a single song on Crush sounded like It's My Life other than It's My Life and once it hit big it felt like there was an over thinking desire for Bounce to sound like it too. It's a collection of 4 very different styles of Bon Jovi and is incredibly in-cohesive. Richie has always been the type to follow in the trends so I really don't see the idea of him fitting the stylistic choices of that record, all anyone in the band talked about during promos was how it's a Richie guitar album and the guitars are all over the place.

rolo_tomachi 06-21-2014 08:55 PM

Too good to be true. Bullshit.

Captain_jovi 06-21-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1178698)
Too good to be true. Bullshit.

In regards to what?

RonJovi 06-21-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1178683)

The only thing I hear Jon saying about Fahrenheit is that he doesn't like the album but it's the best he could have been at that point in time so he's not ashamed of it.