Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jessycardy 05-28-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 1134568)
Oh I think we may be missing much more that we even can imagine in this case. you know as time goes by and reading all those articles related to Richie's absence and his tweets I really believe that there are too many vague things here. polls or not it doesn't really matter, media do their job most of the times in a very inappropriate way. I'm just too patient to see what's next in this BJ mess.
I don't think that we'll ever learn the truth.. but as much as I'm hurt and sad by all this situation I still believe all will be good in the end in any way for both sides either alone or together! yeah ok, "maybe I'm a dreamer but I still believe.." but it's just love you know, I truly love this band, been a fan since 25 years.. BJ are the soundtrack of my life.. and this is not a good period for me, saddens me a lot! never really payed attention to those articles, deep inside me I didn't believe them.

that's my opinion. sorry for my English and if I couldn't express myself in the right way. I'm full of emotions now and I just tried to show you how I feel.
it's just that love hurts. I honestly keep the faith here, can't do and don't wanna do otherwise.

I'm right there with you! Emotional, hopeful, sappy... I'm all those things. I'm confident things will work out. As for the media, they can go screw themselves as far as I'm concerned. I only really believe it when I hear it from their mouths (as in literally "hear" it).

rolo_tomachi 05-28-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1134573)
Heard on Absolute Radio today, and I quote from Russ Williams, "Richie should be back for the UK gigs". This was in the same link as promoting the IOW Festival

**** Yeah!
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5942801664/hB2145A6F/

BJ?YesPlease 05-28-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1134569)
I do can read.

That's all

jessycardy 05-28-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1134573)
Heard on Absolute Radio today, and I quote from Russ Williams, "Richie should be back for the UK gigs". This was in the same link as promoting the IOW Festival

That's interesting. I wonder if he knows something or if he's just going with the Richie-hints-he-wants-to-play-Hyde-Park flow.

ticos_stick 05-28-2013 08:11 PM

Absolute radio promote The Isle Of Wight Festival so it's in their best interest to say Richie might be back. I bet they know as much as we do.

ben 05-28-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1134578)
I'm right there with you! Emotional, hopeful, sappy... I'm all those things. I'm confident things will work out. As for the media, they can go screw themselves as far as I'm concerned. I only really believe it when I hear it from their mouths (as in literally "hear" it).

thanks for your reply again! I'm glad we agree. this is any true fan's pure love that talks.
Oh I think I've already told you I love you right? ok now it's official, I love you more! :D
getting emotional again.. omg this band has destroyed me lol

jessycardy 05-28-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 1134585)
thanks for your reply again! I'm glad we agree. this is any true fan's pure love that talks.
Oh I think I've already told you I love you right? ok now it's official, I love you more! :D
getting emotional again.. omg this band has destroyed me lol

I believe this is the third time, actually. A little awkward, but I'll gladly take it! LOL :)

jovifan93 05-28-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1134569)
I do can read. The capitals are to emphasise the word. However, if (or IF?) you take into account the repetition, tone, sentence structure, and WHAT'S ACTUALLY BEING SAID, you can come to an altogether different conclusion.

Yeah, but that's the problem with the written word most of the time, isn't it? Of course you can read it differently and come to different conclusions - I just thought the emphasis worked very well there ;-)

Agree with the rest of your points though...

VinceBJ 05-28-2013 08:25 PM

Just found this on twitter, everything is just fine
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0e8b1e49.jpg

ben 05-28-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VinceBJ (Post 1134589)
Just found this on twitter, everything is just fine
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0e8b1e49.jpg

saw that yesterday and it instantly made me giggle.. mostly cause of the smiles
haha those smiles are better than .. some stink eyes though! lol

Solid Sambora 05-28-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1134577)
Haha, your nose is indeed an unpleasant place to be - as is anyone's!

I can't quite fathom the strength to re-iterate once again that I'm not taking sides and never said "Jon's a prick". I did use a lot of capital IFs, and did that for both RS and JBJ so am quite astonished at how you think I'm taking sides.

I shall just sigh, give a "meh", and trundle off to marry a complete stranger who is bound to be far hotter than I am. Epic win.

It's all about context fella. IF(!) you'd written "IF Jon did..., IF Richie said..., IF Jon had..." you would have emphasised the fact that we are working with unknown facts. You didn't. You wrote "IF you..., IF you..., IF you..." What you were saying to the reader is "IF you were in Richie's shoes." The 'IF's are not emphasising the unknown facts, rather they are emphasising the point that your reader is not in Richie's shoes. The shoes, whether you intended it or not, were defined by the theoretical situations you had listed, as if those situations were verbatim.

Then you said "Jon should not be able to act like an ass and screw people over and expect them to follow him. But we don't know he's done that either." You are correct. He should not be able to act like that. However, this statement reads like his acting "like an ass" is a known fact. Given the 'IF' fiasco earlier in the post, your post now reads very anti-Jon. The second sentence reads like an afterthought, a tacked on disclaimer put there as a defence mechanism- "I said I didn't know..."- rather than an integral part of your statement.

You didn't literally say "Jon is a prick" but that post certainly gives the impression that you think very much that way.

Solid Sambora 05-28-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1134580)
That's all

Read the quote I was replying to...

jovifan93 05-28-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1134592)
It's all about context fella. IF(!) you'd written "IF Jon did..., IF Richie said..., IF Jon had..." you would have emphasised the fact that we are working with unknown facts. You didn't. You wrote "IF you..., IF you..., IF you..." What you were saying to the reader is "IF you were in Richie's shoes." The 'IF's are not emphasising the unknown facts, rather they are emphasising the point that your reader is not in Richie's shoes. The shoes, whether you intended it or not, were defined by the theoretical situations you had listed, as if those situations were verbatim.

Then you said "Jon should not be able to act like an ass and screw people over and expect them to follow him. But we don't know he's done that either." You are correct. He should not be able to act like that. However, this statement reads like his acting "like an ass" is a known fact. Given the 'IF' fiasco earlier in the post, your post now reads very anti-Jon. The second sentence reads like an afterthought, a tacked on disclaimer put there as a defence mechanism- "I said I didn't know..."- rather than an integral part of your statement.

You didn't literally say "Jon is a prick" but that post gives the impression certainly gives the impression that you think very much that way.

Oh c'mon now, he's probably not a writer/journalist but just writes like he would talk to someone about it, but anybody should be smart enough to read two consecutive sentences to get what he meant, instead of just go mad after reading the first sentence... I for one got what he meant on first listen (I'm 100% sure on that), and I'm not even a native speaker...

jessycardy 05-28-2013 08:56 PM

We're all getting bitchy/sappy/wordy. We've now entered full soap-opera mode! :D This thread is officially an epic microcosm.

BJ?YesPlease 05-28-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1134592)

You didn't literally say "Jon is a prick" but that post certainly gives the impression that you think very much that way.

I've never read so much balls in my life.

gareththyer1990 05-28-2013 08:57 PM

I don't know if this article has been posted but its quite shocking if the "insider" is correct in what he/she says... Prob BS but here you go:

http://www.antimusic.com/news/13/May...Bon_Jovi.shtml

jessycardy 05-28-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gareththyer1990 (Post 1134598)
I don't know if this article has been posted but its quite shocking if the "insider" is correct in what he/she says... Prob BS but here you go:

http://www.antimusic.com/news/13/May...Bon_Jovi.shtml

Yeah, the HollyScoop original BS article has been already posted and, surprisingly, people even spent their time, words and brain cells over it for a few pages. This is just yet another site regurgitating that. Gotta love the taste.

rolo_tomachi 05-28-2013 09:13 PM

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2...vidictator.jpg

jessycardy 05-28-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1134600)

Some people truly believe this. LOL

Solid Sambora 05-28-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1134594)
Oh c'mon now, he's probably not a writer/journalist but just writes like he would talk to someone about it, but anybody should be smart enough to read two consecutive sentences to get what he meant, instead of just go mad after reading the first sentence... I for one got what he meant on first listen (I'm 100% sure on that), and I'm not even a native speaker...

In the words of Michael Winner, "calm down dear". No one got mad after the first sentence. Some people read his post, in context with the overall discussion, and with the post he quoted. Some people read it the way I did. Some people took exception to him calling us ignorant for using the info we do have to base an opinion. Then he got all arsey with me in particular, so I got all arsey back with him. Then to show there were no hard feelings I ended with a joke. He tried to joke back, but came across a little arrogant when he said he was "astonished" his post could be mis-read. So I planted my tongue in my cheek, and decided to dissect the original post. It's all good fun...

Must remember to remove tongue from cheek at some point...

VinceBJ 05-28-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1134600)

haha lol!..

Solid Sambora 05-28-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1134596)
I've never read so much balls in my life.

You must not come here often then.

MrNickel 05-28-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1134605)
You must not come here often then.

haha classic.

WillRunForChocolate 05-28-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1134595)
We're all getting bitchy/sappy/wordy. We've now entered full soap-opera mode! :D This thread is officially an epic microcosm.

Yes. If we're not snapping at one another then we're soliciting dates/spouses, lol.

VinceBJ 05-28-2013 09:35 PM

also found this somewhere
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8c0ae5b2.jpg

jovifan93 05-28-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1134602)
In the words of Michael Winner, "calm down dear". No one got mad after the first sentence. Some people read his post, in context with the overall discussion, and with the post he quoted. Some people read it the way I did. Some people took exception to him calling us ignorant for using the info we do have to base an opinion. Then he got all arsey with me in particular, so I got all arsey back with him. Then to show there were no hard feelings I ended with a joke. He tried to joke back, but came across a little arrogant when he said he was "astonished" his post could be mis-read. So I planted my tongue in my cheek, and decided to dissect the original post. It's all good fun...

Must remember to remove tongue from cheek at some point...

See, now it happened to me and I misread your post ;-) everything's good and BTW, I'm doin' f*cking great :-)

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 05-28-2013 09:47 PM

So basically what we have today is new ways of saying IF. Great work everyone :D

:shock:

jovifan93 05-28-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linnea.cfc32_jovibandana (Post 1134617)
So basically what we have today is new ways of saying IF. Great work everyone :D

Gotta know your stuff :-D

Solid Sambora 05-28-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1134612)
See, now it happened to me and I misread your post ;-) everything's good and BTW, I'm doin' f*cking great :-)

There's too much to say about this, so I'm not gonna say anything.

jessycardy 05-28-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1134620)

Care for some Starbucks?

Solid Sambora 05-28-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linnea.cfc32_jovibandana (Post 1134617)

Not new, just proper ;)

Quiet news day.

Solid Sambora 05-28-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1134621)
Care for some Starbucks?

Do we get to have our pictures taken on the way back to the car?

jovifan93 05-28-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1134620)

Haha, classic! :-)

jovifan93 05-28-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1134623)

Daddy's back ;-)

Jonty 05-28-2013 10:11 PM

although impractical and also would not help the situation if he did come back but i would love us to bring all these pshops on banners to the concerts......if only they would see the funny side to them all!!

Solid Sambora 05-28-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1134631)
although impractical and also would not help the situation if he did come back but i would love us to bring all these pshops on banners to the concerts......if only they would see the funny side to them all!!

Not sure the Hitler one would go down too well!

jessycardy 05-28-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1134623)

Yes! And romance-like detailed description of our clothing cured by Jovitalkers as well... How fun!

Sissy3 05-28-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VinceBJ (Post 1134611)

He looks like a priest in this one. :D And yes, Richie is making me bitchy, for sure. I still think it will be a load of crock if he suddenly shows up on stage somewhere, and the past few weeks will go "poof" from fans collective memories. And for a lot of them, it will. What can I say, I tend to hold a grudge. ;)

crashed 05-28-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1134635)
Yes! And romance-like detailed description of our clothing cured by Jovitalkers as well... How fun!

Solid exited the starbucks, full of national pride as he strutted in his knee length tartan kilt, the thick hairs on his legs bristling like angry hedgehogs. His sporran bulged with stolen packets of sugar. Jessy, arm in arm with the glamorous Sambora, minced along in a white tip-to-toe glamorous zoot suit that would be worthy of any Mafioso. Both gave the fingers to the paparazzi but were later seen breaking up in the parking lot. “personal reasons” were cited for their divorce.

steel_horse75 05-28-2013 10:38 PM

Richie will be back for UK ;)