Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

crashed 05-30-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 1135147)
Great news indeed! who wouldn't love to have Richie back?? fingers crossed though!
hehe it's ok Phil X can take Bobby's place like forever! lol
no more Bobby's 'Bad Name' solos lol

I can't see Phil enjoying being "second guitarist."

jessycardy 05-30-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1135148)

Me neither... And, let's face it, it would be very awkward to have him there with Richie up front... There's just no way...

alonso14 05-30-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 1135133)
My friend works for The Etihad Stadium (Manchester) they received a rider list today. There are demands for both Richie Sambora and Philip Xenidis. So it seems Richie will be back but Phil is continuing on in some role. Most probably back up. I'm going to email him for some more info.

Not going to get my hopes up about this. Would imagine they just haven't edited to take Richie out but instead just quickly added Phil into the generic rider for the whole tour.

samboraisgodUK 05-30-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1135148)

Why not? Bobby Bandiera does it and he's a much more successful guitarist (before I get jumped on, I didn't say better). Before Phil X filled in for Richie he was an absolute nobody. I don't see why people suddenly think he needs to be in the limelight 24/7.

crashed 05-30-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1135153)
Why not? Bobby Bandiera does it and he's a much more successful guitarist (before I get jumped on, I didn't say better). Before Phil X filled in for Richie he was an absolute nobody. I don't see why people suddenly think he needs to be in the limelight 24/7.

Bobby's used to being in a band with a lot of members in the Asbury Jukes. Phil has his own band, I'm not aware Bobby has. I just don't see Phil X seeing Bon Jovi as a full time career, though I'm not saying if he wasn't offered it, he wouldn't jump at it. It's bound to be the best paying job he ever has - and I do agree that he would certainly be a better fit I think than Bobby as a cover for Richie.

ezearis 05-30-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Agree, he was a studio player, as Hugh, and this last one is on the bottom of the stage. I could see Phil as a second guitarrist of the band, but it's not gonna happen as Jon loves his Bobby Boy.

crashed 05-31-2013 12:01 AM

Okay, I'm wrong - Bobby apparently does have his own band. The Bobby Bandiera band. No-one get me tickets for xmas.

JoviJovi 05-31-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

He wasn't an absolute nobody though. He is well known in the music industry from what I can tell and has played on loads of albums:

http://www.philx.tv/discography.html

I can't imagine being happy playing Bon Jovi forever

samboraisgodUK 05-31-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1135161)
He wasn't an absolute nobody though. He is well known in the music industry from what I can tell and has played on loads of albums:

Okay, so he's played on a lot of albums, he's a good session musician. But he's just that - a session musician.

How many people had heard of Phil X before he filled in for Richie the first time?
Be honest. I remember everyone clamouring around to find out who the hell he was when it first emerged he was filling in.

JoviJovi 05-31-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1135162)
Okay, so he's played on a lot of albums, he's a good session musician. But he's just that - a session musician.

How many people had heard of Phil X before he filled in for Richie the first time?
Be honest. I remember everyone clamouring around to find out who the hell he was when it first emerged he was filling in.

How many people other than Jovi and SSJ fans know who Bobby Bandiera is?

samboraisgodUK 05-31-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1135163)
How many people other than Jovi fans know who Bobby Bandiera is?

Southside Johnny fans.

JoviJovi 05-31-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1135164)
Southside Johnny fans.

LOL, I knew that was coming so I edited my post.

samboraisgodUK 05-31-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1135167)
LOL, I knew that was coming so I edited my post.

Haha, I hadn't seen that when I posted.

But that's the point, Bobby Bandiera simply is more well known than Phil X yet he happily does it. As it goes, I don't particularly think Phil X would want to do it either, but that's not because I think he's too good or well known to be doing it.

ezearis 05-31-2013 12:14 AM

My friend is a Bon Jovi fan and when we went to the gig on The Circle Tour he asked me "who's the fatty that's there?". Yep, he was talking about Bobby.

afk 05-31-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1135170)
My friend is a Bon Jovi fan and when we went to the gig on The Circle Tour he asked me "who's the fatty that's there?". Yep, he was talking about Bobby.

Bahahaha :lol:

Jayster 05-31-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1135161)

How annoying is that website? You put the curser over the albums and it goes like a pin ball machine. Gave me a headache.

JoviJovi 05-31-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayster (Post 1135172)
How annoying is that website? You put the curser over the albums and it goes like a pin ball machine. Gave me a headache.

SO annoying!!

ezearis 05-31-2013 01:20 AM

So, guys...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...30129077_n.jpg

"Due to Richie Sambora's absence, whoever wants to get a refund for the Bon Jovi concert can do it in the place where they bought it before June, 15".

samboraisgodUK 05-31-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1135176)

En ingles?

I hope that was Spanish.

Oh you already did it.

danfan 05-31-2013 01:48 AM

Well, I guess that answers whether or not he'll be back by June 6.

I'm sorry, but it takes balls to put more shows on sale without any disclaimer that the lead guitarist/co-songwriter won't be there. And I don't mean that in a good way.

Kathleen 05-31-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1135163)
How many people other than Jovi and SSJ fans know who Bobby Bandiera is?

He was and still is a well known presence here in New Jersey. I have spent years defending Bobby here on this board. But honestly, he just doesn't fit the Bon Jovi band. His style is completely wrong. He played lead guitar for Southside for almost 30 years and he had his own following and his own style. He just isn't a good fit for Bon Jovi.

rolo_tomachi 05-31-2013 02:06 AM

Bon Jovi has no personality at shows without Richie Sambora.

MrNickel 05-31-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1135188)

It's true, Richie has a cheeky personality that evens out Jon's stink eyes.

crashed 05-31-2013 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1135188)

Yes, cause you know, you've been to so many of them.

angelsambo 05-31-2013 02:30 AM

@TheRealPhilX Hey, have a nice& sunny holidays #jelaous... I'm off to Springsteen gigs in Italy, more #RAIN!! Can you believe it? :)

Phil X Phil X ‏@TheRealPhilX 1h
@TheAnastazija have fun. I'm sure I'll see some rain next week.

danfan 05-31-2013 04:07 AM

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ruthblat...jovis-problem/

Good read.

PatriciaSambora 05-31-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 1135133)
My friend works for The Etihad Stadium (Manchester) they received a rider list today. There are demands for both Richie Sambora and Philip Xenidis. So it seems Richie will be back but Phil is continuing on in some role. Most probably back up. I'm going to email him for some more info.

Wow is that true?

jovigirloz 05-31-2013 08:48 AM

I would assume riders are standard for each person/band so they probably automatically include Richies and then delete or add any extra people if needed.

ZigZag 05-31-2013 09:14 AM

Since there seems to be everything prepared backstage for the eventualtity of Richie's return, how is it about his equipment? Have they been carrying his guitars and amps with them over all those weeks? Are they set up behind the stage and tuned for him every night in case he might show up? Oder did they send him the stuff back to California? Does anybody have an idea?

Ruggy 05-31-2013 09:36 AM

It would be cool to see the rider.

My take:

Jon: Three people to wipe my nose, ass and clean my fingernails.

Tico: Cuban cigars and hookers

Dave: Perm shampoo

Hugh: Nothing, 'cause he's just that cool

Phil: Batteries for my i-Phone so I can keep taking photos

Richie: A sewing machine to work on my fashion

Bobby: Guitar Solos for Dummies book

Matt: Three groupies to fawn over me because I am so important in Bon Jovi.

Iceman 05-31-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruggy (Post 1135230)

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/bo...ackstage-rider

Ice

Ruggy 05-31-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1135232)

Interesting! Must be quite old as it's got meals for five, unless Bobby doesn't get one :evilbat: and Richie has a bottle of Pinot Grigiot in his stage cooler!

Nice link!

Sami 05-31-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1135232)

Thanks for the interesting link. Sounds quite reasonable to me.

Nige 05-31-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruggy (Post 1135234)
Interesting! Must be quite old as it's got meals for five, unless Bobby doesn't get one :evilbat: and Richie has a bottle of Pinot Grigiot in his stage cooler!

Nice link!

If i recall correctly it is from the HAND tour.

Crushgen24/88 05-31-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Nice link!

Or maybe Jon took away Richie's meal allowance. BY GEORGE, WE'VE CRACKED THE MYSTERY!!!;)

Crushgen24/88 05-31-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruggy (Post 1135230)

My take:

Jon: Three people to wipe my nose, ass and clean my fingernails.

Tico: Cuban cigars and hookers

Dave: Perm shampoo

Hugh: Nothing, 'cause he's just that cool

Phil: Batteries for my i-Phone so I can keep taking photos

Richie: A sewing machine to work on my fashion

Bobby: Guitar Solos for Dummies book

Matt: Three groupies to fawn over me because I am so important in Bon Jovi.

Sounds about right.

IML88 05-31-2013 12:32 PM

"Bon Jovi performing at Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park on 5th July. Watch Jon Bon Jovi and his band rock out infront of tens of thousands of people"

AEG Live's description of the Hyde Park gig. And there was me thinking Jon Bon Jovi's band were the Kings of Suburbia...!

Walkerboy 05-31-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Nice link!

Definitely old as it mentions data lines for fax machines.....

Jonty 05-31-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IML88 (Post 1135254)
"Bon Jovi performing at Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park on 5th July. Watch Jon Bon Jovi and his band rock out infront of tens of thousands of people"

AEG Live's description of the Hyde Park gig. And there was me thinking Jon Bon Jovi's band were the Kings of Suburbia...!

advertised on radio like this too, made me think I can understand Richie having a problem if he keeps hearing things like this!

jessycardy 05-31-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1135192)
@TheRealPhilX Hey, have a nice& sunny holidays #jelaous... I'm off to Springsteen gigs in Italy, more #RAIN!! Can you believe it? :)

Phil X Phil X ‏@TheRealPhilX 1h
@TheAnastazija have fun. I'm sure I'll see some rain next week.

Wow, Phil X is in the house... Now, that feels weird. Wonder what places he'll visit.