Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Official September 22 2015, Jamsil Olympic Stadium, Seoul, South Korea thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69263)

Rdkopper 09-23-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1195503)

That's huge for some to state that even though Jon's voice isn't up to par, it's still the best concert he's been to in years...

I have to agree... there is always something special about going to a Bon Jovi show... I always walk away with a feeling of satisfaction that I don't get from other bands. I think it's a sense of realness going on that Jon could still project.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

efpg0708 09-23-2015 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1195497)
Aloha !

No it wasn't. It's always been played in D. Even at the launch party of New Jersey it was played in D. They've never played it in it's original tuning as far as I'm aware.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Yes, my bad.

rocknation 09-23-2015 07:40 PM

From a Matt O'Ree Tweet:

rolo_tomachi 09-23-2015 08:25 PM

It makes no sense to do it this way.

If this is going to be like next year with the new album-tour ... is going to be a big disappointment. I hope they never release out a bluray of a recent concert. Never more.

bonjovi90 09-23-2015 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1195498)
Were they tuning down half a step in 89?

Yeah they started tuning down half a step with the beginning of the New Jersey tour. After Jon's voice-fiasco in '87 he was probably advised to take that step in order to get some strain off his vocals since these were all very demanding for hi in the original key.

Lucas_Roli 09-23-2015 11:00 PM

That outro guitar duet is so cool. At least Matt does a great job compared to Bobby :D. I remember watching the first live KTF performance from 2013 on youtube and I realised that the duration of the song was increased and I said to myself ''Ow wow,maybe they re-added the jungle part'' , but no, it had an extened outro which was cool, Richie's outro solo was nice, Dave's keyboard part was a nice surprise...but then Bobby came along and I remember watching him play and I said to myself wtf is this guy doing?

I've always felt bad for Bobby when I was reading posts that insulted him and called him a crappy guitarist because he seemed to be so happy when he was on the stage with the band, playing in front of so many people... but Bon Jovi's songs just don't fit his style of playing.

It's my faith 09-24-2015 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1195526)
...but then Bobby came along and I remember watching him play and I said to myself wtf is this guy doing?

I've always felt bad for Bobby when I was reading posts that insulted him and called him a crappy guitarist because he seemed to be so happy when he was on the stage with the band, playing in front of so many people... but Bon Jovi's songs just don't fit his style of playing.

The only thing that I can't understand about Bobby is why he didn't pre-wrote a solo for some songs before getting on stage. For example, he always played on the outro of KTF. He can't play something live on the style of Bon Jovi, so why don't play a solo written and learnt the night before? I don't mean note by note but some basic riffs could transform his solos. I guess he could do a better work writing and working on something non-live.

SuperBrad 09-24-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabriele (Post 1195391)
always is embarassing

Jesus , yeah Always was beyond embarsssing . Im really surprised he is attempting all these old songs . I wont pay big money anymore to hear that shit

MrIks from Finland 09-24-2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1195518)
It makes no sense to do it this way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO4SDbVaXho

If this is going to be like next year with the new album-tour ... is going to be a big disappointment. I hope they never release out a bluray of a recent concert. Never more.

I thought the idea was just to make a music video for We Don't Run, nothing more... Assuming this is the music video.

MrIks from Finland 09-24-2015 10:49 AM

Always was the single worst thing I've ever heard. And I'm not just talking about music. I wonder what has to happen and how much worse the performance has to go, that Jon realizes the situation and starts to do something about it... It truly is beyond embarrassing:(

After watching these videos from last shows, I can honesty say that Because We Can tour was amazing comparing to this! In every single level.