Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official November 27 Kyocera Dome, Osaka, Japan Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70456)

Rdkopper 11-27-2018 11:11 PM

One of the more positive things about Richie not being there is you don't have that annoying girl screaming 'Richieeeeee'...

She's infamous for destroying every Japanese bootleg since 1984.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

† ÀžžÀ † 11-27-2018 11:15 PM

I think Jon sounds a little better in these clips. Only a slight improvement but that’s something.

JackieBlue 11-27-2018 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1248138)
Yeah but a lot of those things left looooooooong before Richie jumped ship.

I'm sorry, did I miss the part where someone tried to suggest that if Richie were still in the band none of those things would be missing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by symbeline (Post 1248128)
... (warning rehashed argument no.103762) nobody is forcing them to tour, there's NO excuse for the lack of engagement.

I don't disagree with anything you said; but to play devil's advocate, there's a corresponding rehashed argument that nobody is forcing anyone to buy records, attend shows, or watch videos, either. As the good Captain was quick to point out, a lot of the elements that made Bon Jovi such a great band have been AWOL for a very long time; plenty long enough that no one (or no one with realistic expectations, anyway) should be surprised, or overly disappointed, with what they see or hear.

bonjovi90 11-27-2018 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1248151)
One of the more positive things about Richie not being there is you don't have that annoying girl screaming 'Richieeeeee'...

She's infamous for destroying every Japanese bootleg since 1984.

Not as bad as the infamous Jon-girls who screamed their way through every Red Bank Xmas show, sounding like they were being slaughtered :D

liljovi93 11-27-2018 11:40 PM

Watched a few bits from both shows.

Both look shite.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 11-28-2018 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1248156)
Both look shite.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

What is 'Shite'?

Rdkopper 11-28-2018 12:20 AM

A band losing its chemistry is like pealing an onion back... Things change a little at a time over the course of many years...

First your bass player leaves, then you stop recording together, then you change producers, then you add in new members, then you write with other people, then your guitar player leaves, then you start to age so things don't work the same anymore like vocals, and then there are additional sub categories to all the above.

Richie coming back might help a little but he's just a small piece to an unresolved puzzle...

bonjovi90 11-28-2018 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1248159)
A band losing its chemistry is like pealing an onion back... Things change a little at a time over the course of many years...

First your bass player leaves, then you stop recording together, then you change producers, then you add in new members, then you write with other people, then your guitar player leaves, then you start to age so things don't work the same anymore like vocals, and then there are additional sub categories to all the above.

Richie coming back might help a little but he's just a small piece to an unresolved puzzle...

Agreed, they've gone too far off for too long to just say that Richie's return would solve things. It wouldn't. I mean many of us go for nostalgia reasons and Richie being there would at least push the chances of some nostalgia moments, but it wouldn't bring back the band we had up until 2011. That one is gone, simple as that. I just wish they had the balls to change their sound in order to fit the new player. You got Phil and Shanks there and both are capable of playing, but they're trying to emulate how they sounded before and it doesn't work too well since it makes them sound like a cover band. Risk something, utilize their strength and play around with some arrangements to make it exciting again. Hell, even the KTF jam was already there when Richie was still on board.

MrIks from Finland 11-28-2018 12:45 AM

This setlist pretty much sums up what is wrong with their setlists. We can always argue which song is good and which is not. But the real problem for me is how the setlists are put up. In this case only 3 out of the first 12 songs are pre 2000 songs. And the rest 9 songs are all pre 1993. So the first half of the show is always pretty lame and boring. The casuals know only few of those songs and the real fans don't like to hear them (Because being played so often). Then the second half is full of hits from Slippery, KTF and NJ. Casuals are feeling great and Jon is happy. Die hards are left unhappy again. It is hard for me to understand the reason behind this.

Captain_jovi 11-28-2018 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1248154)
I'm sorry, did I miss the part where someone tried to suggest that if Richie were still in the band none of those things would be missing?

When the poster said they miss Richie and Alec? Of course I'm not saying if he was still in the band those things weren't missing, I'm saying....it's perfectly okay to miss those things but 90 percent of that list went bye-bye in the mid 90s.