Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Christmas Isn't Christmas (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=71038)

Captain_jovi 12-06-2023 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1286725)
How come? I could name 20 Bon Jovi videos where Jon is clearly with the band. I could name a thousand other band videos where the group is together.

Looking back, I think I completely misunderstood the criticism. I think RD was right, it's just low budget lazy editing.

It gave me vibes of the Make a Memory. End of the day I'm thankful it wasn't a Jon solo video.

Rdkopper 12-06-2023 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick_Gilbert (Post 1286720)
How cool would it have been to have Richie walk up in the snow outside the bar and get a shot of him looking in at the others smiling as the music fades out. It would have been a great teaser for 2024. Alas....I'm thankful for what we got. According to Billy Falcon, one of the new singles is one of his favorite things he's ever written with Bon Jovi, period! He said it's on the same quality lyrically as songs like Just Older and Amen. And he also said it was something really different, youthful, and fresh. I believe Billy Falcon even got to have some backup vocals featured on it. Jon was very happy with it and thinks it'll be a hit song. We shall see. I really gravitate and relate more to the songs cowritten with Billy Falcon. I think there is supposed to be some sort of wedding related song as well. Jon even got emotional enough to cry after recording one of the songs! I can't wait for the new album in 2024, the documentary, and hopefully even a boxset to help celebrate the 40th Year Anniversary of Bon Jovi!

This is all great but if Jon can't deliver with passion and key changes, the song will be nothing more than the same stuff we are getting now.

I'm also not 1000% on board with Shanks being the only one who can work on Jon's voice. There is a whole bunch of technology and brilliant producers out there who can do better. Mark Hudson made Jon sound like Steven Tyler on Last Chance Train and that was back in the last 90s.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

Thinny 12-06-2023 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1286731)
I'm also not 1000% on board with Shanks being the only one who can work on Jon's voice. There is a whole bunch of technology and brilliant producers out there who can do better. Mark Hudson made Jon sound like Steven Tyler on Last Chance Train and that was back in the last 90s.

Didn't they change the speed of the recorded vocal to achieve that though? That hardly takes a brilliant producer. Any kid can do that on a laptop.

I do agree though, there are many producers that could make Jon's voice sound decent but I think it's more to do with the fact that Jon is comfortabale with Shanks, and Shanks knows the extent of damage to Jon's voice. I almost feel that Jon has got to the point where he's simply too embaressed about his voice to put himself out there with another producer.

Litneg 12-06-2023 05:03 PM

Quote:

How cool would it have been to have Richie walk up in the snow outside the bar and get a shot of him looking in at the others smiling as the music fades out. It would have been a great teaser for 2024. Alas....I'm thankful for what we got. According to Billy Falcon, one of the new singles is one of his favorite things he's ever written with Bon Jovi, period! He said it's on the same quality lyrically as songs like Just Older and Amen. And he also said it was something really different, youthful, and fresh. I believe Billy Falcon even got to have some backup vocals featured on it. Jon was very happy with it and thinks it'll be a hit song. We shall see. I really gravitate and relate more to the songs cowritten with Billy Falcon. I think there is supposed to be some sort of wedding related song as well. Jon even got emotional enough to cry after recording one of the songs! I can't wait for the new album in 2024, the documentary, and hopefully even a boxset to help celebrate the 40th Year Anniversary of Bon Jovi!

Where did you get that from?

semigoodlooking 12-06-2023 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1286732)

I do agree though, there are many producers that could make Jon's voice sound decent but I think it's more to do with the fact that Jon is comfortabale with Shanks, and Shanks knows the extent of damage to Jon's voice. I almost feel that Jon has got to the point where he's simply too embaressed about his voice to put himself out there with another producer.

But seemingly perfectly willing to put himself out there in every other way that highlights the state of his voice. I think the first part of your post is more correct. He is comfortable with Shanks and the time when Jon would take risks is long go.

Thinny 12-06-2023 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1286734)
But seemingly perfectly willing to put himself out there in every other way that highlights the state of his voice. I think the first part of your post is more correct. He is comfortable with Shanks and the time when Jon would take risks is long go.

What other ways i she putting himself out there vocally? He hasn't toured since April last year, so he hasn't put himself out there for quite a while now aside from one private show? He thinks people won't notice on new recordings because he and shanks can hide it in the studio somewhat.

Besides, playing in front of a live audence is not the same as in intimate setting between singer and producer. All your flaws are even more obvious then. These guys work with the best singers in the world all the time....

Faceman 12-06-2023 07:36 PM

Quote:

one of the new singles is one of his favorite things he's ever written with Bon Jovi

the same quality lyrically as songs like Just Older and Amen.

something really different, youthful, and fresh.

Jon was very happy with it and thinks it'll be a hit song.

I think there is supposed to be some sort of wedding related song as well.

Jon even got emotional enough to cry after recording one of the songs!

With all the experience we got when anyone from the BJ camp said something like this in the past, this is going to be one of the crappiest songs they will ever have recorded :D

Captain_jovi 12-06-2023 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1286732)
Didn't they change the speed of the recorded vocal to achieve that though? That hardly takes a brilliant producer. Any kid can do that on a laptop.

I'm not convinced it was an "on purpose intentional move" nor do I think Mark Hudson produced the track to begin with. I figured it was just a damaged cassette they didn't bother to fix the pitch of.

bonjovi90 12-06-2023 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1286737)
I'm not convinced it was an "on purpose intentional move" nor do I think Mark Hudson produced the track to begin with. I figured it was just a damaged cassette they didn't bother to fix the pitch of.

I think it was experimental, but unintentional. I Want You was also mixed up in the studio.

semigoodlooking 12-06-2023 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1286735)
What other ways i she putting himself out there vocally? He hasn't toured since April last year, so he hasn't put himself out there for quite a while now aside from one private show? He thinks people won't notice on new recordings because he and shanks can hide it in the studio somewhat.

Besides, playing in front of a live audence is not the same as in intimate setting between singer and producer. All your flaws are even more obvious then. These guys work with the best singers in the world all the time....

You're thinking they won't tour again?