Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

YOVANAfromPeru 01-01-2019 02:48 AM

Feliz Año Nuevo!
And no one is negative here... they all are just weirdos! LOL

Thinny 01-01-2019 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1249862)
Tomorrow will be 2019 and y’all are STILL arguing about why Richie is no longer in the band. Does anyone consider that there’s a correlation between the consistent negativity and continuing circular conversations about this topic and the lack of Dry County member participation in discussions?

Just a thought. Do with it whatever you want... which will probably be to still be arguing in circles in 2020.

Happy New Year. Really, do something to make yourself happy. You’re the only one who can.

For a lot of people his absence is still the biggest problem with current Bon Jovi. It will never not be discussed in these circles. If people don't want to read about it they can just scroll on by...

Happy New Year all....

ksanova 01-01-2019 12:01 PM

Happy New Year community !!!!:D:D
Prospero Año Nuevo!!!

Alphavictim 01-01-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1249862)
Does anyone consider that there’s a correlation between the consistent negativity and continuing circular conversations about this topic and the lack of Dry County member participation in discussions?

This board has been super critical from the get go. Message boards have been dying ever since social media took off, plus two of the most active members on here are incredibly annoying. I have no idea what happened to the "alternative" message board that took off when this one had begun having advertisements that contained malware, but that whole episode (and sheer practice!) sure didn't help either. It's a testament to the stuborness and dedication of some of the members here that this is still ongoing after this, to be quite honest. Oh, and one of these members was banned (I forgot for what even).

And yeah, happy new year!

liljovi93 01-01-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1249868)
This board has been super critical from the get go. Message boards have been dying ever since social media took off, plus two of the most active members on here are incredibly annoying. I have no idea what happened to the "alternative" message board that took off when this one had begun having advertisements that contained malware, but that whole episode (and sheer practice!) sure didn't help either. It's a testament to the stuborness and dedication of some of the members here that this is still ongoing after this, to be quite honest. Oh, and one of these members was banned (I forgot for what even).

People have left the board for various reasons

1. Decline in the band.
2. Constant off topic threads (this is how this is going)
3. You can't say anything positive without getting abuse back.
4. Members (and not just the two) constantly going off track, abusive etc... Without any punishment.
5. Richie is gone.

It will be ten years on and we will still be wondering why Richie left. Of course we will. It's going to sound cheesy but he had an impact on our lives. I think he's a bell but I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Thinny 01-01-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1249868)

yeah If I was a casual user and didn't have any adblock software, one visit here an the adds would put me off ever coming back....

totally agree on the social media point!

FinnishFan 01-01-2019 05:19 PM

Richie Sambora - One Night of Peace

I don't remember seeing a pro-shot video of this before, and I just love this! You can also clearly hear the influence of the co-writer Bruce Foster, who is playing the piano. I wish we could get more this kind of songs, and also hear them on the road...

Alphavictim 01-01-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnishFan (Post 1249871)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vRpctRvOso

I don't remember seeing a pro-shot video of this before, and I just love this! You can also clearly hear the influence of the co-writer Bruce Foster, who is playing the piano. I wish we could get more this kind of songs, and also hear them on the road...

...the song was written in 1995. What is Richie talking about here?

JackieBlue 01-01-2019 07:27 PM

Kinda hard to show that declining participation was caused by negativity and circular conversations when negativity has always been here, and among the ones who still post, those discussions are the most active. It might be easier to show that the biggest decline started shortly after it was clear Richie wouldn't be back, before it became a "circular conversation," and before the negativity resumed. Maybe those who left figured that, with Richie gone and Jon's attention focused on the NFL, the Bon Jovi they knew was history.

As said, the Richie discussions may never end; but I can almost guarantee it won't happen until the leader of the band sets the example. As long as Jon and David keep talking about Richie, the fans are going to follow suit.

Case in point, the Delray podcast was one of the most interesting interviews I've ever heard with David. He covered a wide range of topics I'd never heard discussed in such detail. I'm still amazed that only 12 people were interested enough to comment on it. Of the 23 posts, 5 were about the interview in general. Only 5 mentioned anything David said that wasn't about Richie. The remaining 13 were related to what David said about why Richie isn't in the band, which totaled less than 5 minutes of the interview. The other hour and 40 minutes were virtually ignored.

So as difficult as it may be for some to accept, it's possible that not everyone thinks the band is "new and improved" or were eager, as it seems a few were, to replace Richie and move on.

liljovi93 01-01-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1249873)
Kinda hard to show that declining participation was caused by negativity and circular conversations when negativity has always been here, and among the ones who still post, those discussions are the most active. It might be easier to show that the biggest decline started shortly after it was clear Richie wouldn't be back, before it became a "circular conversation," and before the negativity resumed. Maybe those who left figured that, with Richie gone and Jon's attention focused on the NFL, the Bon Jovi they knew was history.

As said, the Richie discussions may never end; but I can almost guarantee it won't happen until the leader of the band sets the example. As long as Jon and David keep talking about Richie, the fans are going to follow suit.

Case in point, the Delray podcast was one of the most interesting interviews I've ever heard with David. He covered a wide range of topics I'd never heard discussed in such detail. I'm still amazed that only 12 people were interested enough to comment on it. Of the 23 posts, 5 were about the interview in general. Only 5 mentioned anything David said that wasn't about Richie. The remaining 13 were related to what David said about why Richie isn't in the band, which totaled less than 5 minutes of the interview. The other hour and 40 minutes were virtually ignored.

So as difficult as it may be for some to accept, it's possible that not everyone thinks the band is "new and improved" or were eager, as it seems a few were, to replace Richie and move on.

I know a few people on here who don't post because of the negativity. Negativity is everywhere but sometimes it gets worse...

Captain_jovi 01-01-2019 07:35 PM

It doesn't help when the snark goes from thread to thread. A post about a non post-2000 topic doesn't need a "it's still better than What About Now" or "nowadays Jon would sing it Thisaaaintalovesawwwwg". It never has anything to do with what people are talking about and just random bitching.

JackieBlue 01-01-2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1249872)
...the song was written in 1995. What is Richie talking about here?

You mean the timing? It's not clear, but he could be talking about any time between Desert Storm (around 1990-ish, iirc) and Desert Strike (Desert Shield?), which was several years later.

Alphavictim 01-01-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1249875)
It doesn't help when the snark goes from thread to thread. A post about a non post-2000 topic doesn't need a "it's still better than What About Now" or "nowadays Jon would sing it Thisaaaintalovesawwwwg". It never has anything to do with what people are talking about and just random bitching.

I mean, don't get me wrong... I think you are a super chill guy, but what do you expect if you (a moderator!) can be reguarly harrassed with no consequence? But then again, the constant abuse has been part of the boards from the get go - as knowledgeable as Seb may be, he has been prone to be a dick to newcomers forever.

It's just a rather tough beat to be around, so I understand not a lot of new people (especially not those who have come to know the internet via social media) come.

JackieBlue 01-01-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1249874)
I know a few people on here who don't post because of the negativity. Negativity is everywhere but sometimes it gets worse...

I agree; but it still isn't anything new on JT. As long as I've been here, people have been pretty negative about a lot of things: the quality of the albums, repetitious themes, and predictable setlists, etc. But as the Capt pointed out, over the past couple years, it seems like the attacks on Jon's vocals pop up on as many unrelated threads as Richie does.

Captain_jovi 01-01-2019 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1249877)
I mean, don't get me wrong... I think you are a super chill guy, but what do you expect if you (a moderator!) can be reguarly harrassed with no consequence? But then again, the constant abuse has been part of the boards from the get go - as knowledgeable as Seb may be, he has been prone to be a dick to newcomers forever.

It's just a rather tough beat to be around, so I understand not a lot of new people (especially not those who have come to know the internet via social media) come.

Valid valid valid point. The mods got a HUGE backlash when we tried to crack down and set some rules. Trying to fix the boards has been a real damned if you do, damned if you don't thing. We actually got referred to as nazi's at one point by a poster. Nazis.

JackieBlue 01-01-2019 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1249879)
... We actually got referred to as nazi's at one point by a poster. Nazis.

Yeah, my German friend (the one RDK doesn't believe for one second that I have) was just a wee bit offended by that, too.

Thinny 01-01-2019 09:05 PM

Honestly, if Jon was in fantastic voice, the band were playing great setlists, Richie was on form and releasing great solo albums there would still be shed loads of negativity...it's the way of the internet. Look at any posts on social media....

Having said that, the people that can't seem to handle any negative comments, even when they are well deserved, are just as annoying as those that are deliberatly being negative in my opinion...

I think that topics going off on random conversations between 2 board members that have nothing to do with the band, never mind the current topic, got to be much more of a problem, at least for me. I almost gave up on this place for that reason last month...

Thinny 01-01-2019 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnishFan (Post 1249871)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vRpctRvOso

Thanks for posting this, I hadn't seen it before! Great performance! Kenny Aronoff on drums too!

YOVANAfromPeru 01-01-2019 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksanova (Post 1249867)
Prospero Año Nuevo!!!

Próspero Año Nuevo, ksanova!
And Happy New Year, Elvis voice...!!! lol

Becky 01-01-2019 09:48 PM

There are also people who cannot seem to handle any positive comments and go into personal attack mode against anyone who dares to enjoy something. Yes, a lot of people have left this board because it’s negative and they get attacked. So more & more people go to other platforms.

I sincerely hope everyone here can find something to be happy about in ‘19, Bon Jovi related or not.

Thinny 01-01-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1249886)
There are also people who cannot seem to handle any positive comments and go into personal attack mode against anyone who dares to enjoy something. Yes, a lot of people have left this board because it’s negative and they get attacked. So more & more people go to other platforms.

I sincerely hope everyone here can find something to be happy about in ‘19, Bon Jovi related or not.

As I said, I agree that there are people who are negative for the sake of being negative. But I honestly don't see a lot of "pesonal attacks" here, just difference of opinion, which some can't seem to handle.

I don't need to find something, I have lots to be happy about in 2019. I hope you do to!

Captain_jovi 01-01-2019 10:12 PM

Difference of opinion is nice but it's not always just that. It's the belittling of anyone who likes a song from recent albums, they're made to feel stupid or like they're deaf. They just weren't around when things were really good but I think people can be too harsh over the difference of opinion, I could see that contributing to the chasing away of people.

Thinny 01-01-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1249888)
Difference of opinion is nice but it's not always just that. It's the belittling of anyone who likes a song from recent albums, they're made to feel stupid or like they're deaf. They just weren't around when things were really good but I think people can be too harsh over the difference of opinion, I could see that contributing to the chasing away of people.

Fair enough, but I honestly can't say that I notice a lot of that. No more than on your average internet forum to be honest. You should see some on the Van Halen boards, they are way worse...

Bounce7800 01-01-2019 10:32 PM

Social media has almost killed message boards but it's also almost killed the art of discussion.

Yeah there are issues with this board but the negativity of JT has always been overplayed. Very critical definitely. And that's mainly been about setlists for years, regardless of the many good ones they've never been as good as they could be due to Jon's preference for certain newer songs.

If so called positive people don't post because it's too negative, all you get is the negative which makes it a self fulfilling propechy. Yet you get certain "positive" people who take any mild criticism as a slight at the band and calling people haters. Works both ways. There's not many shades of gray between the black and white these days but hopefully people will post and discuss and be polite to each other. Mods will sort out anything that isn't.

liljovi93 01-01-2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1249890)
Social media has almost killed message boards but it's also almost killed the art of discussion.

Yeah there are issues with this board but the negativity of JT has always been overplayed. Very critical definitely. And that's mainly been about setlists for years, regardless of the many good ones they've never been as good as they could be due to Jon's preference for certain newer songs.

If so called positive people don't post because it's too negative, all you get is the negative which makes it a self fulfilling propechy. Yet you get certain "positive" people who take any mild criticism as a slight at the band and calling people haters. Works both ways. There's not many shades of gray between the black and white these days but hopefully people will post and discuss and be polite to each other. Mods will sort out anything that isn't.

Sometimes negativity doesn't just mean criticism I suppose, though.

Walleris 01-02-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1249890)

This is spot on, thank you.

This board is dying for the same reasons that other boards are - i's the changing of the times - nothing more, nothing less.

I first started lurking here in 2009 and joined in 2010. It's always been negative and I'm sure this was also the case in the 2000s.

richiefan95 01-02-2019 11:05 AM

Bon Jovi changed their sound an their appearance constantly. Jon is a complete different person than he was some years ago.
Their sound now has nothing to do with the early stages of their career or even in the 2000s.
Whereas everything has changed the fans are still the same and expect something they like. But they won't get it because the band has moved on. That creates a lot of dissatisfaction with the band.

I personally have a problem with the playing from Phil X because I want a guitar player that sounds like Richie. Others don't like his voice or the style of the new songs. So everyone is biased in their opinion.

That is all part from beeing a fan of a band where everything has changed over the years and you probably wouldn't be interested in a new band that would produce exactly the same stuff that Bon Jovi does now.

Captain_jovi 01-02-2019 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1249892)
This is spot on, thank you.

This board is dying for the same reasons that other boards are - i's the changing of the times - nothing more, nothing less.

I first started lurking here in 2009 and joined in 2010. It's always been negative and I'm sure this was also the case in the 2000s.

Jeez you're not wrong. The amount of flack I caught for loving Bounce when it came out from people who said they changed the sound too much, it's a bad album, Jon's voice is bad, they're done with the band. But maybe half of those people still post today complaining.

bwehehehe 01-02-2019 04:03 PM

Some things never really change...people tend to have a favorable view of their past (and this applies everywhere), real or imagined.

Matrix15 01-02-2019 05:12 PM

My god didn't realise they separated 6 months ago! I guess they're still playing together and he's touring playing what he likes? Wouldn't have been much point leaving Jovi otherwise.

Thinny 01-02-2019 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix15 (Post 1249900)
My god didn't realise they separated 6 months ago! I guess they're still playing together and he's touring playing what he likes? Wouldn't have been much point leaving Jovi otherwise.

Are you talking about Richie and Ori?

They are not still playing together. They did say that they may work together again down the line, but I don't see that happening at all. That was just a line for the "taking a break" announcement....

Richie is working on a solo album right now, which is much better news as far as I'm concerned.

I don't get your comment about not much point in Richie leaving Jovi...he didn't leave because of Ori. He hadn't even met her yet when that all happened...

Matrix15 01-02-2019 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1249901)
Are you talking about Richie and Ori?

They are not still playing together. They did say that they may work together again down the line, but I don't see that happening at all. That was just a line for the "taking a break" announcement....

Richie is working on a solo album right now, which is much better news as far as I'm concerned.

I don't get your comment about not much point in Richie leaving Jovi...he didn't leave because of Ori. He hadn't even met her yet when that all happened...

Ah right, I just meant that I assume he's still touring and playing his own stuff now he's out of Jovi. Sounds like he's making the most of it if he's got a solo album on the way.

Thinny 01-02-2019 11:19 PM

Let's just hope it doesn't take as long as the RSO album did....

YOVANAfromPeru 01-10-2019 08:20 PM

First BJ version: Due to “personal issues”. No alcohol, No fight, No money, No songwriting.
Last BJ version: His “personal issues” were difficult. Addiction: alcohol/drugs. We did all we could for him and his... you know, his issues.

Rdkopper 01-11-2019 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1250011)
First BJ version: Due to “personal issues”. No alcohol, No fight, No money, No songwriting.

All the above still stands with the exception of 'no alcohol'.. of which I don't believe JBJ said... and even if it did come out of his mouth in one out of a hundred interviews, Richie's issues are clearly more drug related verses alcohol..

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 01-11-2019 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1250023)
All the above still stands with the exception of 'no alcohol'.. of which I don't believe JBJ said... and even if it did come out of his mouth in one out of a hundred interviews, Richie's issues are clearly more drug related verses alcohol..

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

yep
to me the Last BJ version is still the same First BJ version...
and JBJ only denied the alcohol thing in the first interviews.

JackieBlue 01-11-2019 03:10 PM

You guys must be really bored.

Walleris 01-11-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1250030)
You guys must be really bored.

While true, very ironic coming from you.

Thierry 01-11-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1249884)
Próspero Año Nuevo, ksanova!
And Happy New Year, Elvis voice...!!! lol

Can you please respond to my pm on Backstage? Thanks!

YOVANAfromPeru 01-11-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1250032)
Can you please respond to my pm on Backstage? Thanks!

https://media0.giphy.com/media/7BM3SJPxoZHUc/200w.gif