Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jessycardy 06-01-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra (Post 1135462)
dunno if this has been posted before but here goes:

http://www.antimusic.com/news/13/May...Bon_Jovi.shtml

apparently, Jon said something nasty about Richie's daughter. bla bla boa. the bullshit is everlasting. But hey, Jon allegedly had a point there. lol.

Yes, it's been posted a couple of times already. It makes my blood boil when they go too far with their bullshit, and this is definitely the case.

Javier 06-01-2013 11:01 PM

"who'll stand for the restless, and the lonely, for the desperate, and the hungry, time for the count, I'm hearing you now, for the faithful, the believer, for the faithless and the teacher stand up and be proud, what about now"

There's something that bothers me every time the chorus gets to "teacher". Don't know why, it just does :?

jessycardy 06-01-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1135467)
"who'll stand for the restless, and the lonely, for the desperate, and the hungry, time for the count, I'm hearing you now, for the faithful, the believer, for the faithless and the teacher stand up and be proud, what about now"

There's something that bothers me every time the chorus gets to "teacher". Don't know why, it just does :?

Uhm... okay? LOL *there, there*

Jayster 06-02-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

The thing that bothers you is the fact it is a shit lyric.

Becky 06-02-2013 12:52 AM

So is the new theory that Richie left because of the lyrics or is does everything get posted here now? ;)

Javier 06-02-2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1135474)
So is the new theory that Richie left because of the lyrics or is does everything get posted here now? ;)

I thought this was the new spamming thread??!!!! :lol:
Did Jon ever want to be a teacher?? I'm doing some teaching now, who's gonna stand for me when Richie and Jon are just bickering at each other and Dave is writing for broadway? Is Tico our only hope?? Phil Tico and Hugh should form a side jazz/funk/punk band. They should be named "Two cool old guys and a clown guitarist". That I would go out of my way to check out....

Sissy3 06-02-2013 03:11 AM

Yeah, I was kinda wondering myself if this had become the "Post Whatever Strikes Your Fancy" thread. :D

DestinationJovi 06-02-2013 03:28 AM

http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/sh...ad.php?t=54977

faith1985 06-02-2013 03:42 AM

Quote:

Me too, and I don't like the crossing from teacher to stand, it doesn't sound smooth enough to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1135434)
There are quotes in that interview that just don't sound like something Jon would say.

Maybe his PR guy wrote it down for him:-).

jessycardy 06-02-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1135487)

Is "sad" the right word to describe this or do we have to coin a new one worth its intensity?

Captain_jovi 06-02-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alonso14 (Post 1135444)
Do mods do anything on this website?

We generally do when someone reports a post.

afk 06-02-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1135487)

Wow. That made me wish he had never left during the tour...

Bounce7800 06-02-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alonso14 (Post 1135444)
Do mods do anything on this website?

Keep an eye on you lot all bloody day?

Jonty 06-02-2013 11:21 AM

Fast approaching 6th June and no news either way!!

Kryten2340 06-02-2013 11:27 AM

To be fair on his rehab stint in 2011 there was no news either if I recall correctly. Just a couple of tweets from Nikki Lund regarding clothing for the tour then the TMZ story when they interviewed him at the airport flying out to Europe.

I'm starting to think a similar thing will happen here. No twitter activity for the last week either which is a bit inconspicuous.

NicoRourke 06-02-2013 11:52 AM

I wonder if we will ever know what happened. (that is if he comes back - which I hope with all my heart).

steel_horse75 06-02-2013 12:45 PM

Sambora lack of statement - other than designing shit clothes that no one will buy or care about - is a massive **** you to the fans.

He don't care so I've gone beyond caring about him.

nrm123 06-02-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoRourke (Post 1135519)
I wonder if we will ever know what happened. (that is if he comes back - which I hope with all my heart).

Tbh I think there is more chance in finding out what happened if he doesnt come back.

nickolai 06-02-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1135525)
Sambora lack of statement - other than designing shit clothes that no one will buy or care about - is a massive **** you to the fans.

He don't care so I've gone beyond caring about him.

Ditto.

7 days away and I've never felt so underwhelmed about seeing a Bon Jovi show in my life. I wonder if others echo my sentiment...

nickolai 06-02-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrm123 (Post 1135530)
Tbh I think there is more chance in finding out what happened if he doesnt come back.

Ditto again. I think people will be just pleased he's back (if he comes back) to be honest

Lyn Wo 06-02-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1135581)
Ditto again. I think people will be just pleased he's back (if he comes back) to be honest

If Richie walks on stage I doubt the majority of people will even care why he was gone. They will just be happy that he is back. I would count myself in that group.

jessycardy 06-02-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyn Wo (Post 1135587)
If Richie walks on stage I doubt the majority of people will even care why he was gone. They will just be happy that he is back. I would count myself in that group.

To me, obviously the priority is to see him back on stage and with Bon Jovi in general. Having said that, I'd like to know what the hell is going on and I would be a little disappointed and shocked if they really tried to just throw Richie there and go: "welcome back!" with no further explanation.
I also think that's unlikely to happen (but not impossible, 'cause as I said previously in this thread, I don't take anything for granted anymore), for things went way too far in terms of time, statements made and awkwardness in general, to just pull that off with ease and get away with it. There are too many rumors around and people would at the very least question the sincerity of every single action by each and every one of them, in lack of any kind of explanation.

Becky 06-02-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1135595)
people would at the very least question the sincerity of every single action by each and every one of them, in lack of any kind of explanation.

They did that before this happened.

I don't think we'll ever know what the personal reasons are.

jessycardy 06-02-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1135596)
They did that before this happened.

I don't think we'll ever know what the personal reasons are.

I know, but if you ask me, they had no reasons why apart from being cynical and stuff. This neverending drama, though, put a lot of nastiness out there and I think they need to come clean. That's why I would be surprised if they don't.

Kryten2340 06-02-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1135597)
I know, but if you ask me, they had no reasons why apart from being cynical and stuff. This neverending drama, though, put a lot of nastiness out there and I think they need to come clean. That's why I would be surprised if they don't.

My guess is if he comes back (which based on recent signs (the Obie thing, saying he up would love to play Hyde Park and see what happens, the rider list speculation, Russ Williams saying he should be back the the UK gigs) I think he will) nothing will be said until after the tour.

JoviJovi 06-02-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1135579)
Ditto.

7 days away and I've never felt so underwhelmed about seeing a Bon Jovi show in my life. I wonder if others echo my sentiment...

Very much so.

Mysterytrain 06-02-2013 09:35 PM

I've done my fair share of speculating, but at this point, I don't care if I never learn the reason for Richie being gone; I just want to see him back with the band.

I've missed his blues/soul feeling and the depth that brings. I keep going back and listening to his guitar solo for at the end of "Keep the Faith" from the Florida show on Jon's birthday. That's the 'feeling' I miss (beginning at 5:27):

Sissy3 06-02-2013 09:46 PM

As I've posted before I think when Richie walks back on stage (IF he does) the crowd at that particular show will go apeshit and not care how they and their feelings were meaningless to Richie. On the other hand, I think fan boards and maybe Twitter would blow up once again, feeling cheated that no one thinks enough of fans to say something about why so many got a Richie-less concert and are expected to erase those feelings from memory. At this point I don't give a crap if he comes back or not, but many fans seemed to be almost traumatized by his absence! If he does return I'd still be concerned that he wouldn't make every show. Jon would need to keep PhilX on the payroll!

jessycardy 06-02-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten2340 (Post 1135606)
My guess is if he comes back (which based on recent signs (the Obie thing, saying he up would love to play Hyde Park and see what happens, the rider list speculation, Russ Williams saying he should be back the the UK gigs) I think he will) nothing will be said until after the tour.

Could be... Then again, if they don't say anything right away, I don't think they'll bring the subject up once it's all calm and normal again...
I think it mostly depends on what the reasons for his absence are in the first place, though.

MrNickel 06-02-2013 10:05 PM

When/If Richie returns, I'm sure he'll go on and on about all his personal demons in interviews to make it sound like a really dramatic period in his life.

jessycardy 06-02-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1135620)
When/If Richie returns, I'm sure he'll go on and on about all his personal demons in interviews to make it sound like a really dramatic period in his life.

That way he would have to deny the MailOnline interview where he supposedly said he doesn't have any major problems in his life at the moment... I'm still wondering if that interview is legit, but something tells me it is.

Sissy3 06-02-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1135620)

Yeah, like he was really having a hard time selecting fabric swatches for his fashion line and teaching Ava to drive was just the worst.:rolleyes:

Mysterytrain 06-02-2013 10:18 PM

I'm still scratching my head over his Tweet, "There's too much to say right now so I won't say anything."

jessycardy 06-02-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1135624)
I'm still scratching my head over his Tweet, "There's too much to say right now so I won't say anything."

I hear ya! It's just the kind that keeps you awake at night. Thanks, Rich! LOL

By the way, guys, I'm not posting the screenshot here because I don't know if it's a fake or not, but did any of you hear about a deleted tweet by Richie that he sent as a reply to the tweet about the announcement of the Mexico City date by the official Bon Jovi page? It supposedly said something like: "we need something to believe in!"

nrm123 06-02-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

probably legal stuff stopping him saying anything

Kryten2340 06-02-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1135626)
I hear ya! It's just the kind that keeps you awake at night. Thanks, Rich! LOL

By the way, guys, I'm not posting the screenshot here because I don't know if it's a fake or not, but did any of you hear about a deleted tweet by Richie that he sent as a reply to the tweet about the announcement of the Mexico City date by the official Bon Jovi page? It supposedly said something like: "we need something to believe in!"

A fake surely because then you would expect to see people replying to that and I can't see anything. Not unless they've all been deleted.

Just thinking seeing as the 6th is on Thursday and assuming they do sound check a day early and take a days rest for jet lag does that mean we should expect to hear something tomorrow night/early hours Tuesday morning for us in Europe as to whether or not Richie is returning or am I thinking far too logical?

alois 06-02-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

That tweet was right after the interview where Jon said :
“Life goes on, so if someone chooses not to be here... unlike if this were, God forbid, The Edge, and he for some reason couldn’t make a U2 show, [then] it would be very difficult to just step in. You have a choice — you either figure it out, go and grow, not only survive but thrive. Or, you say, ‘I hate my brother and I’m gonna quit the band.’ ”

People tweeted Richie asking him about his reaction to Jon's rash statements.

I view this tweet as him addressing what Jon said. That's the kind of phrase you use when you're so angry you refrain yourself from saying anything because what you really think and wanna say may be game-changing.

jessycardy 06-02-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten2340 (Post 1135628)
A fake surely because then you would expect to see people replying to that and I can't see anything. Not unless they've all been deleted.

Just thinking seeing as the 6th is on Thursday and assuming they do sound check a day early and take a days rest for jet lag does that mean we should expect to hear something tomorrow night/early hours Tuesday morning for us in Europe as to whether or not Richie is returning or am I thinking far too logical?

You have a point about the tweet. I wouldn't be able to fully grasp how Twitter works if my life depended on it, so I didn't think of that.

I think your logic is pretty accurate, but I wouldn't expect them to say anything in case Richie doesn't come back. The announcement said Richie wouldn't perform in any of the European dates, so unless that changes, I don't think a new announcement will be made.

Kryten2340 06-02-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1135630)
You have a point about the tweet. I wouldn't be able to fully grasp how Twitter works if my life depended on it, so I didn't think of that.

I think your logic is pretty accurate, but I wouldn't expect them to say anything in case Richie doesn't come back. The announcement said Richie wouldn't perform in any of the European dates, so unless that changes, I don't think a new announcement will be made.

Did they say anything last time round or did he literally just walk on stage in Zagreb? Granted TMZ broke the story first and we had a bit of a clue from Nikki Lund.

I'm still puzzled by the lack of Twitter activity in the past week. I can only hope this is a case of no news is good news as they say.

nrm123 06-02-2013 10:49 PM

Items from richie the same night as he is supposedly to return? Coincidence? And no it doesnt say Richie will be there...

http://woodbridge.patch.com/articles...9#pdf-14625815