Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Captain_jovi 01-09-2020 05:55 PM

Yeah. I think it was Jon that said Shanks's style is closer to Richie's than Phils is. So it's such an odd choice to have both of them up there. Sometimes it works but sometimes it just doesn't hit the mark.

liljovi93 01-09-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1260668)
Yeah agree. I've been saying for years it's not Shanks killing the band, he's doing what he's told. If Shanks is producing solos and Jon isn't there for those sessions, he's just doing what he wants and if Jon likes it it he likes it if not he'll change it.

I'd love to know the circumstances to why Phil played on What Do You Got?

I think it's a mixture of good and bad with Shanks. My opinion from the interview alone has changed slightly. He obviously knew it had potential and as I said, I imagine Phil feels comfortable to tell Shanks that he wants a chance to shine a little and knew this was the opportunity.

We need to hear/see more of this stuff. I have mentioned it previously, I don't get why some songs have long outros live but not in the studio and Phil X touched on it himself with the THINFS comparison to the new solo.

That short snippet he played already felt it had a bit more 'oomph' to it than we have had in a while and he said that was the end of it. I'm intrigued.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 01-09-2020 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1260671)
I think it's a mixture of good and bad with Shanks. My opinion from the interview alone has changed slightly. He obviously knew it had potential and as I said, I imagine Phil feels comfortable to tell Shanks that he wants a chance to shine a little and knew this was the opportunity.

We need to hear/see more of this stuff. I have mentioned it previously, I don't get why some songs have long outros live but not in the studio and Phil X touched on it himself with the THINFS comparison to the new solo.

That short snippet he played already felt it had a bit more 'oomph' to it than we have had in a while and he said that was the end of it. I'm intrigued.

Is that new though? Past 2000 that's pretty much the norm. The outros sometimes get doubled, a repeat of the last chorus, some times a solo coda (ie The Distance) but the album versions don't have that fire. Shanks had a much bigger horse in the race than Leonard, Benson, Ebbins and Parshar but Jon prefers tight, 3.5 minute songs, no end solos. Shanks is following those instructions. I think he's too over used by the band but it's not like the next guy is going to say "no it needs to be like this". It won't get past Jon.

liljovi93 01-09-2020 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1260672)
Is that new though? Past 2000 that's pretty much the norm. The outros sometimes get doubled, a repeat of the last chorus, some times a solo coda (ie The Distance) but the album versions don't have that fire. Shanks had a much bigger horse in the race than Leonard, Benson, Ebbins and Parshar but Jon prefers tight, 3.5 minute songs, no end solos. Shanks is following those instructions. I think he's too over used by the band but it's not like the next guy is going to say "no it needs to be like this". It won't get past Jon.

No, that's what I'm saying. It's become the norm and I've always wondered why. So many good songs turn into great songs live due to these extended outros. But I'd love one to happen in the studio.

Captain_jovi 01-09-2020 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1260673)
No, that's what I'm saying. It's become the norm and I've always wondered why. So many good songs turn into great songs live due to these extended outros. But I'd love one to happen in the studio.

Haha we are on the same page then.

kleman 01-10-2020 02:22 PM

Sooo, anything new about new single ?

Jovi98 01-10-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kleman (Post 1260681)
Sooo, anything new about new single ?

For now no...

candidomtz 01-10-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1260683)
For now no...

I really think this is going to happen next week. Not today.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Jovi98 01-10-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candidomtz (Post 1260684)
I really think this is going to happen next week. Not today.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Yeah, it's possible.

Jack27 01-10-2020 04:15 PM

If this turns out not to be true, I find it really disappointing when people create fake news which messes with other people's emotions. Say what you like about the band, but I'm sure all of us feel a bit of excitement when a new single is talked about and we're all eager to hear it. I just don't understand human nature sometimes...