Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Crushgen24/88 04-13-2013 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1122041)
See, this is what bugs me because no-one knows what context that conversation Jon was having was in, but it was clearly a business conversation - and you can't be talking like some douche in a rock band when you're talking to someone like Bill Gates or something like that.

That quote has been blown out of complete proportion.

He's on the phone with an ownership group about getting into ownership of an NFL team. He's trying to sound business-like to business people. Frankly, I think the CEO comment is the most overblown thing on this board. I find the Always/Setlist conversation from Central Park a much more interesting/telling examination of Jon.

Ang1e 04-13-2013 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1122068)
Oh! If Jon said it himself, then it MUST be true. :rolleyes:

He canned an academy award winning director months into the project because she wouldn't give him full control. I don't believe for a second that he didn't green light every second of footage before it was released.

Why would both Jon and the director say that the movie was according to how the director wanted to present it and the band's interviews were sincere and independent of each other.
Bon Jovi chose this director because they liked his vision and approach better.

Jovimimi 04-13-2013 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1122064)
Didn't David Ritz write a biography on Marvin Gaye some years ago?

Yes he did, and he is a well known guy .... A friend met him and said he was totally nice guy (she won a contest and the prize was a diner with Jon - and he came with Ritz )

Ang1e 04-13-2013 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1122071)
Smoke in mirrors! Jon only endorses projects that disclose as much (or as little) as he wants public.

Back to Richie.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFCjXkP_G-c&sns=em

You must be related to the director who got sacked.

Do you not think that Jon can get an award winning director to do the movie and then censor it.

He liked Phil for artistic reasons.

LeaJovi 04-13-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1122033)
Just in listening to Bon Jovi radio, they've been playing small clips here and there with Jon talking, and he really does come off like it's a solo act with studio musicians.

He IS a solo act with musicians. It wasn't a long time ago but now it is. It's the fact that it's the same people in the band what confuses us.

Panda 04-13-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1122081)
It's the fact that it's the same people in the band what confuses us.

ALREADY FORGOT RICHIE IS NOT THERE ANYMORE

The end is near. :(

Crushgen24/88 04-13-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ang1e (Post 1122069)
Why would both Jon and the director say that the movie was according to how the director wanted to present it and the band's interviews were sincere and independent of each other.
Bon Jovi chose this director because they liked his vision and approach better.

No offense, but that's an incredibly naive view. There's NO WAY the organization didn't have final cut privilege.

Ang1e 04-13-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1122083)
No offense, but that's an incredibly naive view. There's NO WAY the organization didn't have final cut privilege.

Of course, I forgot that this place is as cynical as it gets

Supersonic 04-13-2013 07:53 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ang1e (Post 1122085)

No, it's just common sense. Besides, there's the Behind The Music special from VH1 where a lot of stuff was cut out because it didn't please Jon. You really believe he suddenly finds a director who's working method he likes and gives total freedom? If there's one thing that doesn't exist in the working with Jon Bon Jovi world, it's freedom.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Crushgen24/88 04-13-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ang1e (Post 1122085)

It's not cynical, it's common sense. It's no Bon Jovi Conspiricy either, any type of authorized documentary is going to give final cut options to the subject, especially when said subject is the financial backer.