Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

jovifan93 10-20-2020 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1269460)

Hmm, good execution (as always), but I don't like the style. The solo has good parts, but is way too much "guitar hero" style, if you know what I mean. It's nothing Richie would've come up with in 2020, not alone 2010. It screams 80's to me, which is fine, if that's what you want, but since the rest of the song screams 00's, it just doesn't fit. And the intro parts are just too "playful" for me...

steel_horse75 10-23-2020 12:39 PM

2020: The New Album

New Bruce album out today. Great album.

If only Jbj could write songs like this. Then again, not many can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Litneg 10-23-2020 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1269673)
New Bruce album out today. Great album.

If only Jbj could write songs like this. Then again, not many can.

I'm stucked with Ghosts and Letter in my head for the 3rd day! (Still didn't listen the full record tho).

jovifan93 10-23-2020 03:46 PM

Got a mail from "The Jon Bon Jovi Experience":

"Something Big Is Coming

No shows yet, but exciting news is coming on October 28.

You'll get notified before the rest of the world."

What is the JBJ Experience? Is that the big announcement?

Captain_jovi 10-23-2020 04:00 PM

My hunch is it's tied into the showing of the album performance.

phoenixy 10-23-2020 04:31 PM

"Something big is coming your way on October 27! Keep your eye open for a personal email invite and message from Jon Bon Jovi. You'll get exclusive access for 24 hours [and a special offer] before the rest of the world, as a thank you for being a part of the Bon Jovi family."

Litneg 10-23-2020 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1269681)
My hunch is it's tied into the showing of the album performance.

I don't think it's the show they'd recorded. It's so confusing. Maybe it's something like a Runaway Tours online. The new YT channel is "The JBJ Experience" and it says "no shows yet" and "special offer". That's my guess.

Litneg 10-23-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1269685)
Maybe a streaming of the show that they filmed. And can see 24 hours before that the rest of the people?

Maybe a acoustic JBJ show, and announce a new 2020 deluxe edition at Christmas ...

The announcement says "no shows yet"...

rolo_tomachi 10-24-2020 10:36 PM

How long do you think Jon will tour the new album?

There is still no tour due to this damn world situation, but as soon as things are fixed, how long will they be doing shows from an album that talks about this year? I think will be dated album next year, and 2022 sounds so late that it loses all the impact and value of most of these songs.

So, for how long will Jon be pushing this album in the media and How long will be the possible the next tour?

Will there be a plan B as an EP? another new album in 2022?

thoughts

GabrielC 10-24-2020 11:19 PM

The band should release Beautiful Drug as a single while the album is still new, it is in the band's top 10 most listened tracks in the last week on Last.FM.

https://i.imgur.com/SdvBpzC.png

EDIT: I think is worth mentioning that Luv Can is #11. I am amazed with how well this song is doing in all platforms, even though it is a bonus track.

Javier 10-25-2020 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1269711)
The band should release Beautiful Drug as a single while the album is still new, it is in the band's top 10 most listened tracks in the last week on Last.FM.

https://i.imgur.com/SdvBpzC.png

EDIT: I think is worth mentioning that Luv Can is #11. I am amazed with how well this song is doing in all platforms, even though it is a bonus track.

Jon should let others in the band and label have a LOT more input into the track list and single selection. He's always been a really shitty A&R man....

Captain_jovi 10-25-2020 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1269710)
How long do you think Jon will tour the new album?

There is still no tour due to this damn world situation, but as soon as things are fixed, how long will they be doing shows from an album that talks about this year? I think will be dated album next year, and 2022 sounds so late that it loses all the impact and value of most of these songs.

So, for how long will Jon be pushing this album in the media and How long will be the possible the next tour?

Will there be a plan B as an EP? another new album in 2022?

thoughts

Knowing when touring will resume will make all the difference. When that resumes it's not like things like the BLM movement and shootings and immigration will all be "fixed" or not in the media, I don't think the subject matter will feel dated. Hell, Blood in the Water is already two years old and we're talking about it now.

steel_horse75 10-25-2020 07:59 AM

2020: The New Album

I seriously wouldn’t bother touring it...you can’t call the 2020 tour in 2021 so it will have to be renamed to something like The Limitless tour plus who wants to be reminded of 2020 and a lot of the songs won’t work live. They’re too slow. The 2 bonus tracks (the better songs) will only get played, if at all, on a runaway acoustic gig.

This albums flopped so badly in US and UK that he’d be better off playing 1 or 2 in a few years when another album is out on a different tour.

It’s been a bad year for Jon. Albums flopped, tour scrapped and now he is backing another US election runner up.

I’m reading this post and thinking it’s negative and I don’t meant to be but im Thinking if I were Jon I’d just forget about a tour to promote this album. Sales have dropped through the floor so just move on. He might be proud of it but the fans have voted with deciding not to buy it. But maybe it shows just how many people would’ve bought the last few as giving albums away with tickets has somewhat given a false “sales” figure.

rolo_tomachi 10-25-2020 11:39 AM

I think they played Who Says You Cant Go Home, Prayer and Do What You Can.

here Who Says You Cant Go Home

Here Do What You Can

Rdkopper 10-25-2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1269717)
I seriously wouldn’t bother touring it...you can’t call the 2020 tour in 2021 so it will have to be renamed to something like The Limitless tour plus who wants to be reminded of 2020 and a lot of the songs won’t work live. They’re too slow. The 2 bonus tracks (the better songs) will only get played, if at all, on a runaway acoustic gig.

This albums flopped so badly in US and UK that he’d be better off playing 1 or 2 in a few years when another album is out on a different tour.

It’s been a bad year for Jon. Albums flopped, tour scrapped and now he is backing another US election runner up.

I’m reading this post and thinking it’s negative and I don’t meant to be but im Thinking if I were Jon I’d just forget about a tour to promote this album. Sales have dropped through the floor so just move on. He might be proud of it but the fans have voted with deciding not to buy it. But maybe it shows just how many people would’ve bought the last few as giving albums away with tickets has somewhat given a false “sales” figure.

First of all. Of course he can tour an album called 2020 in 2021... and he can also tour it in 2022 because one has nothing to do with the other. Plus, people understand that there was a pandemic delay. It's not like people are going to be confused and stand there scratching their heads. Jon can just call it the Clear Vision tour or even cooler, The Beautiful Drug tour. At the end of day, it really doesn't matter...

Second, I don't think the album totally flopped. Underatand, Bon Jovi is no longer a mainstream act. I'm reading comments like "Queen / Adam Lamber and Mariah Carey have albums coming out so Jon has competition"... Wake up call...They are not Jon's main competitors either. There is an entire new generation of music out there that anyone over the age of 30 never even heard of. The entire music platform has changed and even mainstream radio don't dictate the music charts like they once did. An almost 60 year old rock star landing a top 20 spot is a lot better than most can and have done at that point.

Jon's platform is New Album, TV/Radio Promos, Tour. That's the combo that works for him. Without the tour, he loses that 1 2 3 punch.

Unfortunately, he needed to get the album about before the election or he probably would have held it until he could tour. The album in itself isn't overly political but his talking points are. The album was just the gateway for him to talk politics during radio and tv promo.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 10-25-2020 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1269721)
First of all. Of course he can tour an album called 2020 in 2021... and he can also tour it in 2022 because one has nothing to do with the other. Plus, people understand that there was a pandemic delay. It's not like people are going to be confused and stand there scratching their heads. Jon can just call it the Clear Vision tour or even cooler, The Beautiful Drug tour. At the end of day, it really doesn't matter...

Second, I don't think the album totally flopped. Underatand, Bon Jovi is no longer a mainstream act. I'm reading comments like "Queen / Adam Lamber and Mariah Carey have albums coming out so Jon has competition"... Wake up call...They are not Jon's main competitors either. There is an entire new generation of music out there that anyone over the age of 30 never even heard of. The entire music platform has changed and even mainstream radio don't dictate the music charts like they once did. An almost 60 year old rock star landing a top 20 spot is a lot better than most can and have done at that point.

Jon's platform is New Album, TV/Radio Promos, Tour. That's the combo that works for him. Without the tour, he loses that 1 2 3 punch.

Unfortunately, he needed to get the album about before the election or he probably would have held it until he could tour. The album in itself isn't overly political but his talking points are. The album was just the gateway for him to talk politics during radio and tv promo.

Whatever it is, we will see what happens, how this crisis moves, who winner the elections, if Jon reacts to this or does not lift a finger until a better time comes.

It is good to know that next week we will have the JBJ Experience, I have no idea what it could be, I hope it does not disappoint us and it is something interesting.

Xavi 10-25-2020 12:28 PM

Quote:

I agree with all you wrote here Rd.

Litneg 10-25-2020 02:09 PM

Quote:

Agreed!
Also I just didn't buy the album because the physical copies weren't release in my country.

Captain_jovi 10-25-2020 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1269717)

Not touring the album because the title of the tour might confuse people is ridiculous.

I don't think your post is negative, its just not routed in reality. THINFS more than likely had VERY similar numbers, there's just no curtain any more to pull back and they still toured the hell out of it. Only difference now is they can't lie about it.

Captain_jovi 10-25-2020 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1269712)
Jon should let others in the band and label have a LOT more input into the track list and single selection. He's always been a really shitty A&R man....

But think of all the bonehead moves the label forced on the band single release wise. We got All About Loving You over The Distance. There's no wrong or right answer for what will work with the general public with a band that hasn't had much success with a new song in 13 years.

Rdkopper 10-25-2020 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1269720)

I think they played Who Says You Cant Go Home, Prayer and Do What You Can.

here Who Says You Cant Go Home

Here Do What You Can

Now this was a complete disaster. Jon really needs to stop doing these. And hopefully this is a wake up call for the future. There is only 9 days to the election so it's not even worth talking about anymore.

I know most people want to believe that Biden is the majority because that's what the Media wants you to believe but when you read the YouTube comments and see the amount of people who came out to this, you really get a true indication of reality.

Jon is just getting destroyed. GET OUT OF POLITICS JBJ!

Captain_jovi 10-25-2020 03:51 PM

How many times do you need to be told people don't want to talk about politics and "what the media isn't telling you" in threads like these, man? Create your own thread, go nuts with it but please leave it out of here.

Rdkopper 10-25-2020 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1269734)
How many times do you need to be told people don't want to talk about politics and "what the media isn't telling you" in threads like these, man? Create your own thread, go nuts with it but please leave it out of here.

Come on man. It's kinda difficult considering where we are and who JBJ is.

I'm simply just responding to a post... that happened to be a campaign event. It doesnt need a separate thread.

All we talk about is why albums don't sell, Jon's legacy, how he doesn't promote right, etc. This was just another notable mention of what he does wrong.

Trust me, I don't want to read comments stating that Jon and Bruce should leave the country... As a fan, that sucks.

jovifan93 10-25-2020 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1269733)
Now this was a complete disaster. Jon really needs to stop doing these. And hopefully this is a wake up call for the future. There is only 9 days to the election so it's not even worth talking about anymore.

I know most people want to believe that Biden is the majority because that's what the Media wants you to believe but when you read the YouTube comments and see the amount of people who came out to this, you really get a true indication of reality.

Without wanting to get into politics myself, I believe only one man is being destroyed right now, and I hope I'm right about which one it is ;-)

Adam D 10-25-2020 04:30 PM

Not getting into a political discussion, but anyone that "destroys" Jon, or says he should leave the country for supporting whomever he wants in the election, is a waste of time, and not worth conversing with in the first place.

There are trolls everywhere, ignore them.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

bjcrazycpa 10-25-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam D (Post 1269740)
Not getting into a political discussion, but anyone that "destroys" Jon, or says he should leave the country for supporting whomever he wants in the election, is a waste of time, and not worth conversing with in the first place.

There are trolls everywhere, ignore them.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Definitely Adam!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 10-25-2020 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1269733)

He made you say "I know most people want to believe that Biden is the majority because that's what the Media wants you to believe but when you read the YouTube comments and see the amount of people who came out to this, you really get a true indication of reality."?

Keep that crap off the boards or talk about it in threads about that. Mods are getting real tired of complaints. You're a grown man, please stop.

rolo_tomachi 10-25-2020 06:23 PM

Politics aside, it may not have been a good performance, but it hasn't been that terrible either. Glad to see Jon playing outdoors even if it's only for 14 people. This is much better than a prerecorded performance at home.

Javier 10-26-2020 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1269731)
But think of all the bonehead moves the label forced on the band single release wise. We got All About Loving You over The Distance. There's no wrong or right answer for what will work with the general public with a band that hasn't had much success with a new song in 13 years.

I get that. Nowadays it really wouldn't be about appealing to the general public but more of appealing to their own fan base, getting those that are on the fence to jump back over. It's pretty obvious Jon doesn't think much of either Beautiful drug or Luv Can, but the fans do. I can only imagine the songs that were left off. We Don't Run is the closest thing to an anthem they've made in a while, it was wasted on Burning Bridges with no promo instead of being the first single of THINFS. Relegating one of the most beautiful love songs he's written "Real Love" to bonus track status. Some of those choices while many may not agree with me, I just think what Jon calls "dumb rock songs" and "boy/girl songs" would connect a lot more with his fan base.

James_86 10-26-2020 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1269729)
Not touring the album because the title of the tour might confuse people is ridiculous.

I beg to differ. The 2021/22 2020 World Tour? Nah, needs to be sacked off.

The songs are so relevant to this year that in a year or two nobody will care for this album. I'm already down to just one track getting rotation and that's a bonus track. I think once this year is over, everything associated with the album should be left in the year it was named after.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 10-26-2020 07:24 AM

Last night... “I Will Vote” concert (in support of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden)
JBJ https://youtube.com/watch?feature=yo...&v=NhWvCA_CnWc
Do What You Can https://youtube.com/watch?feature=yo...&v=WqNDoR9No9w

jovifan93 10-26-2020 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1269754)
Last night... “I Will Vote” concert (in support of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden)
JBJ https://youtube.com/watch?feature=yo...&v=NhWvCA_CnWc
Do What You Can https://youtube.com/watch?feature=yo...&v=WqNDoR9No9w

Thanks, was about to look for that. A shame it's the same prerecorded version that's been used already, but that was to be expected...

Also agreed about the live version outdoors: it wasn't that bad. At least it was sung better than the 2019 shows. Though I don't know if "Who Says You Can't Go Home" is a fitting song for a campaign? ;-)

Captain_jovi 10-26-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_86 (Post 1269753)
I beg to differ. The 2021/22 2020 World Tour? Nah, needs to be sacked off.

The songs are so relevant to this year that in a year or two nobody will care for this album. I'm already down to just one track getting rotation and that's a bonus track. I think once this year is over, everything associated with the album should be left in the year it was named after.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

But again, they're not THAT relevant to the times we're in. I don't think Jon is ballsy enough for American Reckoning to be a tour staple. Do What You Can and Lower the Flag are the only two other ones that get hyper specific. Again, Blood in the Water is TWO YEARS OLD and still works.

Ironically the two new songs added to make it about this year, I don't know if I see them sticking around once touring resumes. I'm on the fence if Do What You Can will be a staple or even should be a staple but it's not worth cancelling a tour over. Or maybe you're right and we'll have a new album in time for whenever touring resumes.

rolo_tomachi 10-26-2020 04:27 PM

Bucketfinck78 10-26-2020 08:04 PM

I want the surprise to be more tracks! Is it a possibility for Richie??

phoenixy 10-26-2020 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucketfinck78 (Post 1269764)
I want the surprise to be more tracks! Is it a possibility for Richie??

"You'll get exclusive access for 24 hours [and a special offer] before the rest of the world."
I don't think we get exclusive access to Richie...

rolo_tomachi 10-26-2020 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixy (Post 1269765)
"You'll get exclusive access for 24 hours [and a special offer] before the rest of the world."
I don't think we get exclusive access to Richie...

I think it will be the announce of one release "2020 deluxe edition" for Christmas that Jon mentioned in an interview. Maybe accompanied by debut of Beautiful Drug video, and subscribers will be able to watch it 24 hours in advance before this is on youtube for everyone.

jon-flp 10-26-2020 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1269760)

Maybe will be something like this? (the full album concert, as example)

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/stev...deo-on-demand/

james_d 10-27-2020 12:32 PM

Luv Can is still doing surprisingly well on Spotify, up to over 500,000 plays. Out of the non-singles, only Beautiful Drug is higher on just over 900k.

jovifan93 10-27-2020 05:34 PM

JBJ Experience (when you go to bonjovi.com);:

"Get exclusive access to Jon Bon Jovi’s world with ticket presales, special merchandise, curated seasonal boxes full of Jon’s favorite things, never before seen footage and so much more!"

Basically it's the fan club, re-branded:

https://www.bonjovi.com/pages/fan-club