Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jessycardy 06-04-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten2340 (Post 1135988)
Apart from Richie saying to TMZ he was off to Europe. Didn't we also get a pic from sound check on the official website?

A lot of stuff compared to the total nothingness of now. Official or not, it made a lot of noise.

Slakk 06-04-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1135974)
No it wouldn't have created this fuss, simply because Tico is not as big a part of Bon Jovi as Richie is. Whilst he's a fantastic musician and he would be dearly missed if he weren't playing for whatever reason, the simple fact is that guitar is a much more creative and expressive instrument than the drums. Add into the mix the fact that Richie sings a lot on stage and his voice is well recognised and it shows why he's missed so much. Obviously the fact that Richie is much more of a celebrity than Tico adds to the gossip side of things, but from a purely musical standpoint, it makes sense that Richie missing would provoke a stronger reaction than if it were Tico.

Actually we don't know because it has not happened. I think hardcore fans would be as upset if he just went MIA for the second time in as many tours.

bjcrazycpa 06-04-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten2340 (Post 1135996)
Does Abby just do Richie's clothes or the whole band? She's just checked in at Nashville Internstional Airport. Probably means nothing.

Abby works for the entire band. She mends all of the broken outfits.

samboraisgodUK 06-04-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slakk (Post 1136001)
Actually we don't know because it has not happened. I think hardcore fans would be as upset if he just went MIA for the second time in as many tours.

Read what I said. I said that fans would be upset, but that's it's simply just not the same as Richie not being there.

faith1985 06-04-2013 08:51 PM

I cannot believe there is still so much gossip going on here....

Thierry 06-04-2013 08:56 PM

So Richie won't be there and Phil X is on his honeymoon. I smell problems.

Chris_Newton 06-04-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1136027)
So Richie won't be there and Phil X is on his honeymoon. I smell problems.

Is that right? Phil X wont be playing now either?

Supersonic 06-04-2013 09:10 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1136032)
Is that right? Phil X wont be playing now either?

No worries, Thierry's drunk. There's a local fair where he lives now, it's like this every year around this period. :D

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Chris_Newton 06-04-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1136034)
Aloha !

No worries, Thierry's drunk. There's a local fair where he lives now, it's like this every year around this period. :D

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

oh !! thought i'd missed something for a minute :p

Thierry 06-04-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1136034)
Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

That was yesterday, Richie won't be there though. They would have made an statement to sell more tickets for the shows.

Supersonic 06-04-2013 09:13 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1136025)

I can't believe Bon Jovi fans are actually analyzing articles from some gossip sites, it kind of shows how not used Bon Jovi fans really are when it comes to the band making some sort of headline in a tabloid. It makes me wonder if anyone actually follows other bands, considering it's quite usual for several other acts, especially those who actually are relevant. It's called gossip for a reason, there's no need to actually think anything of it but that. The differences between fans of the Gallagher brothers laughing at articles from The Sun and Bon Jovi fans actually analyzing this are shocking.

It's "funny" how the past 5 years the band or those involved have been making headlines for the first time in probably 20 years, and pretty much none of it has been particularly good. (Richie's stints at rehab, ticket prices, more stints at rehab, Jon's daughter overdosing on heroïn and now Jon and Richie supposedly being in disagreement over something). It's another thing that shows that the press and people in general just no longer care for anything this band's been doing. No music magazine ever reports on them anymore, unless Jon is willing to do some press for them. And with Jon's mind on making the cover of Forbes I doubt that'll change much soon.

I guess it shows that no matter how much you try to keep a clean image; eventually that bubble will burst. For one it makes them more human, sadly it's not the kind of human people want to associate or identify themselves with, and thus they're being ridiculed both by both actual fans of the music and the general public. Now this topic used to be fun when the whole situation was still ridiculed by pictures and silly conspiracy theories but that well seems to have run dry by now and you can't really blame anyone here. It seems only a select few delusional die hards still have faith this band will start to function as a real band recording music people care for.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Sissy3 06-04-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

I guess none of us have a life. :D Actually I check here everyday because I'm afraid that as sure as I don't, that will be the day something major happens. Like Richie's new fall line coming out. ;)

nickolai 06-04-2013 09:48 PM

I hardly check into this thread and hardly check on the Richie situation because it is, quite frankly, boring. My dutch arch nemesis has some valid points it pains my to say. The thread has ran its course because people are bored of this whole stupid situation - and quite honestly know hand on heart that Richie probably isn't coming back. Probably ever. Thats the sad truth.

I personally have never been so unenthusiastic about Bon Jovi as I am right now and its probably got a lot to do with how the Bon Jovi corporation has treated fans over this sorry mess. The album is shit, the tour is shit and the PR for the whole mess is shockingly shit. Thats how I feel. I'll still go to Birmingham on Sunday and probably have a good time, but at the forefront of my vision the very man that is the backbone of Bon Jovi wont be there and it's gonna take a big edge of the experience.

steel_horse75 06-04-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Nearly 600 pages to be exact.
But without a statement from Sambora then he is creating gossip himself.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 06-04-2013 10:27 PM

So eh.... any news on the "cover contest" yet? Is he hoping everyone will just forget about it if he stays quiet long enough?? :confused:

jessycardy 06-04-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linnea.cfc32_jovibandana (Post 1136065)
So eh.... any news on the "cover contest" yet? Is he hoping everyone will just forget about it if he stays quiet long enough?? :confused:

I don't think we'll hear anything about it until Sambogate is settled.

JackieBlue 06-04-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linnea.cfc32_jovibandana (Post 1136065)

I still think it's promotion and he can't touch it until something's resolved. Just my opinion.

Kriegentragen 06-05-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juls Sambora (Post 1135975)
Of course there would not have been these theories but it's a fact that Richie and Tico don't have the same role in the band. Tico is not only on stage in the background. I would have missed Tico but Jon and Richie are the faces of the band. Richie co-wrote the songs and delievers the background vocals which I really missed in Munich. The guitar solos aren't the same (The drum sound wouldn't also be the same). Phil X does a good Job but it's Richie who puts the emotions into the songs. The interaction between Jon and Richie is responsible for the magic of the shows. It's not the case that I don't appreciate Tico but Richie and Tico are different to compare.

Tico would be terribly missed if THIS drummer replaced him.

Jonty 06-05-2013 02:45 AM

So not even any Matt tweets?! Or sightings of the band in Denmark?!

jessycardy 06-05-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1136091)
So not even any Matt tweets?! Or sightings of the band in Denmark?!

Nada.

I don't miss any of his tweets and he seems to not be addressing the issue anymore, which is probably what he meant when he tweeted he was going to disregard all the negativity and start replying only to the positive. I think he's still getting a shitload of tweets commenting or asking about Richie, but he simply decided (or has been told) to ignore them for good.

As for the band in Denmark, something could pop up any minute now, I think. I can be the most optimistic (read "delusional") person on this planet, but even I lost whatever hope I had to maybe see Richie come back on June 6th. I didn't have much to begin with, but now it's totally out of the window. It's just too late...

jessycardy 06-05-2013 05:46 AM

Matt has just now posted a status on Facebook where he says that it's only 8 hours till he's on the road again. I would think the same goes for the band, so if we are to expect any kind of news/picture/whatever, I guess we'll see each other in 8 hours. As I said, I'm not exactly holding my breath on the big revelation, but hey... We're back into touring mode as well, I guess.

CKatz 06-05-2013 07:13 AM

Probably just bullshit but I noticed this tweet:

@cabbage09: "@aaron_cutler @BonJoviTalk yea i was talkin 2 some1 cant say who richie in uk and talks are goin great with both of them"

That person claims to know Richie will be in the UK, doesn't say anything about Denmark though.

gkkes 06-05-2013 09:31 AM

According to this video report regarding the forthcoming US legs, this thread may reach 1000 pages

CKatz 06-05-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkkes (Post 1136112)
According to this video report regarding the forthcoming US legs, this thread may reach 1000 pages

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckCdTgzsUgQ

I think Richie quit the band and nobody is brave enough to admit it while the tour is still going on.

nikos greece 06-05-2013 09:46 AM

if richie doesnt come back for the big shows in europe i dont think he will come back at all this tour...there are very few things left that indicate richie will be back, i still hope though

Crushgen24/88 06-05-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkkes (Post 1136112)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckCdTgzsUgQ

Interesting. Anyone seen any of these Richie-less promo pieces?

fairtex444 06-05-2013 11:07 AM

this is the new fall tour promo...no riche

jovigirloz 06-05-2013 11:08 AM

The posters in Melbourne have been changed to just have Jon :( I think Richie is gone :(

jovifan93 06-05-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairtex444 (Post 1136127)
this is the new fall tour promo...no riche

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noVNIwM6aIY

Actually, there are 2 or 3 really small glimpses of him still in there, but the focus is clearly on Jon (and a little bit of David and Tico). Still we have no idea what the intentions are - could be that they simply don't know if he'll be back and don't want to advertise him being there and have people complaining and wanting refunds again...

ticos_stick 06-05-2013 11:26 AM

There's more chance of Richie joining Europe the band than actually turning up for the European shows!!!

Hahahahaa.

RonJovi 06-05-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1136132)
There's more chance of Richie joining Europe the band than actually turning up for the European shows!!!

Hahahahaa.

Haha this is true.

Am I the only one who genuinely doesn't give a f**k? It's been a fun ride but if Richie Sambora doesn't care about being in Bon Jovi then I'm certainly not going to worry about him being in Bon Jovi. The world will keep turning and he'll probably show up on Celebrity Big Brother. This isn't worth getting upset about.

ticos_stick 06-05-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1136135)
Haha this is true.

Am I the only one who genuinely doesn't give a f**k? It's been a fun ride but if Richie Sambora doesn't care about being in Bon Jovi then I'm certainly not going to worry about him being in Bon Jovi. The world will keep turning and he'll probably show up on Celebrity Big Brother. This isn't worth getting upset about.

I'm not bothered because I haven't got tickets. If I had tickets and was waiting for Richie to return I would probably be a bit anxious. I'll save my money for the reunion tour.

CKatz 06-05-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1136135)
Haha this is true.

I'm not upset if he really did quit the band. It's his choice. I understand why he would want to quit. All I want is to know if he's still in or not. If he isn't, I can finally leave this band behind.

danfan 06-05-2013 12:28 PM

I really hate Jon in those interviews. "I strive for 3 hours every night."
When was the last time they played for 3 hours?

The last sentence in that interview made so sense either "The 3 straight #1 debut album for the band."

hometownboy 06-05-2013 12:32 PM

Surely the fact that refunds are still being given for the European leg confirms Richie won't be there?

ticos_stick 06-05-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometownboy (Post 1136140)
Surely the fact that refunds are still being given for the European leg confirms Richie won't be there?

I think people are clinging onto the hope that Jon is trying to get Richie back or that Richie's "issues" will be resolved in the next few days. The refund thing does make it seem very unlikely though.

samboraisgodUK 06-05-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometownboy (Post 1136140)

Maybe the ticket agencies and promoters don't know whether he'll be back or not yet. It's a band decision, and one that can be taken pretty soon before the show.

IML88 06-05-2013 12:39 PM

I'm going to Cardiff to get my Bon Jovi fix. However, I'm no longer attending Hyde Park despite being 20 mins away (which will be strange).

I genuinely hope the park is half full and Jon looks out and realises Bon Jovi is Richie and Jon not Jon solo. I've no real allegiance to either, I don't prefer one over the other, but the reason I pay big bucks to see them multiple times each tour is to see the magic created when they are both on stage.

I hold out no hopes for Richie being back, all marketing both creative and copy pushes Jon Bon Jovi, the front man. Not Bon Jovi the band. This is no coincidence and like someone said a post or two back - if he was coming back they would surely say so, ticket sales are down compared to usual and that is bound to kick sales on abit.

I shant be spending a penny more on any output under the name "Bon Jovi" until the full band is back together.

Aindi 06-05-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1136139)

The last sentence in that interview made so sense either "The 3 straight #1 debut album for the band."

I am glad someone else picked up on the stupidity in that comment! It just annoyed me even more...having watched the promo video with no RS p'ing me off enough already! :mad:

Ruggy 06-05-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1136139)

It's not well worded at all, but what I think they meant is the third straight album to go straight to number one as opposed to charting lower then climbing to number one.

Poor choice of wording though.