Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Bounce7800 06-05-2013 01:46 PM

I wouldnt read a massive amount into the Richie-less promos etc... If anything its just covering their backs to prevent further refunds if Richie doesn't show for those shows. If he does, they can bring more promos out and make more adverts, no big deal.

Simon 06-05-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1136139)
I really hate Jon in those interviews. "I strive for 3 hours every night."
When was the last time they played for 3 hours?

In Munich they played for 3 hours and 7 minutes. And there are other concerts where they get somewhat close to the 3-hour mark. They usually play longer than 2h30 minutes (at least the big open airs), and all in all they play longer than most bands.
Of course it's an exaggeration, but one I won't argue with since he didn't say "I play for 3 hours very night", but he strives for it.

Usually showlenght is not a thing you can complain about with this band. There are exceptions, of course. In 2006 I saw them play for just 2 hours in Hessisch Lichtenau (great show though), and one full hour longer in Munich.

PatriciaSambora 06-05-2013 02:07 PM

http://www.gigwise.com/news/80711/ri...e-castle-owner Hope it's true!

JoviJovi 06-05-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriciaSambora (Post 1136157)

That article is from April 4 and the owner of the castle has already had to walk back those statements.

Jonty 06-05-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriciaSambora (Post 1136157)

sadly old news outdated by the fact he hasnt even appeared in Europe!

however, everything has been very quiet from over Stateside..........if that is where both of them currently are!

PatriciaSambora 06-05-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairtex444 (Post 1136127)
this is the new fall tour promo...no riche

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noVNIwM6aIY

Omg.. It scares me so much.. Where's Richie?:(

PatriciaSambora 06-05-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1136159)
That article is from April 4 and the owner of the castle has already had to walk back those statements.

Yes, sorry.. I thought it was a new one

Sissy3 06-05-2013 02:23 PM

At least with the tour underway again, people can now go back to talking about how bad Jon's voice is. ;) Maybe the short break gave him a chance to rest it up a bit.

danfan 06-05-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1136163)
At least with the tour underway again, people can now go back to talking about how bad Jon's voice is. ;) Maybe the short break gave him a chance to rest it up a bit.

He doesn't need rest. He needs a vocal coach.

JackieBlue 06-05-2013 03:06 PM

Another Parody

Another Parody

Hey, everyone. I thought it was about time for another parody. This one isn’t funny like the others, though. I’m kinda sad today. I guess it’s true that misery loves company…

Wanted Dead or Alive

It’s all a shame. More than the names have changed.
It looks like Richie’s gone and Phil is still in the game.
Another face, and the trail is growing cold
As we search for clues and hope the story will be told.

Where’s the Cowboy who stood by Jon’s side?
He’s wanted – dead or alive.
(yeah)

Sometimes it seems that he’ll be coming back to play.
Other days hope keeps fading away.
Sometimes you find some hope in the stories that you hear
But times when you’re alone you’re scared the end is drawing near.

Wanted (Want-eh-eh-ed) – dead or alive.

We want him on the stage, a loaded six-string in his hands!
Otherwise it’s not the same for many fans.
Yeah, they’ve been everywhere (whoa yeah); and together they stood tall!
But without the whole damn band, it seems they’ve fooled us all.

Where’s the Cowboy? We need him standing by Jon’s side!
Is Bon Jovi dead or alive?

:sad:

CKatz 06-05-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1136166)
Another Parody

Hey, everyone. I thought it was about time for another parody. This one isn’t funny like the others, though. I’m kinda sad today. I guess it’s true that misery loves company…

Wanted Dead or Alive

(yeah)

Reminds me of the cover of RIP magazine from the early 90s. The title was: "Bon Jovi: Dead or Alive?"

Sissy3 06-05-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1136165)

I won't argue with you on that.

JackieBlue 06-05-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1136167)
Reminds me of the cover of RIP magazine from the early 90s. The title was: "Bon Jovi: Dead or Alive?"

Wow, I hadn't evev thought about that! Isn't that the cover shoot where Jon and Richie didn't speak throughout the whole thing? Kinda foreshadowing this whole mess, huh?

Dicanio 06-05-2013 03:59 PM

Matt has tweeted that he is on the band plane about to take off for Europe......

faith1985 06-05-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1136166)
Another Parody

Wanted Dead or Alive

(yeah)

:confused:

rolo_tomachi 06-05-2013 04:02 PM

need

CKatz 06-05-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1136170)
Wow, I hadn't evev thought about that! Isn't that the cover shoot where Jon and Richie didn't speak throughout the whole thing? Kinda foreshadowing this whole mess, huh?

Yes, that's the magazine cover I'm talking about. History has a way of repeating itself.

Bill23 06-05-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1136174)

He looked & sounded great/fired up for the tour.....whatever went down/however it went down, it's too bad.

Gabriel Shoes 06-05-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1136165)

Couldn't agree more.

WillRunForChocolate 06-05-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1136135)
Haha this is true.

Am I the only one who genuinely doesn't give a f**k? It's been a fun ride but if Richie Sambora doesn't care about being in Bon Jovi then I'm certainly not going to worry about him being in Bon Jovi. The world will keep turning and he'll probably show up on Celebrity Big Brother. This isn't worth getting upset about.

I've joined the ranks of "I don't give a f**k" also. I WAS quite upset at various times during this ordeal, but I had a blast at my two shows anyway. I bought tickets for the Cleveland stadium show in July without giving a thought to whether Richie would show up or not. Cold and heartless? Maybe :)

I also registered for the Runaway trip to Las Vegas and it would be nice if Mr. Sambora made an appearance, but my happiness doesn't depend on him. I KNOW Jon will show up!

WillRunForChocolate 06-05-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicanio (Post 1136172)
Matt has tweeted that he is on the band plane about to take off for Europe......

I saw that. You just want to ask him: "precisely WHO is on the plane with you??" I doubt he'd respond to a request for a roll call! Lol.

Gabriel Shoes 06-05-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillRunForChocolate (Post 1136180)
I've joined the ranks of "I don't give a f**k" also. I WAS quite upset at various times during this ordeal, but I had a blast at my two shows anyway. I bought tickets for the Cleveland stadium show in July without giving a thought to whether Richie would show up or not. Cold and heartless? Maybe :)

I also registered for the Runaway trip to Las Vegas and it would be nice if Mr. Sambora made an appearance, but my happiness doesn't depend on him. I KNOW Jon will show up!

Backstager.

jessycardy 06-05-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkkes (Post 1136112)
According to this video report regarding the forthcoming US legs, this thread may reach 1000 pages

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckCdTgzsUgQ

This is not good.

I found it a little odd to make a news piece in those terms, so I had to dig a little bit and it all makes more sense now:

Quote:

"Artisan News Service and its Entertainment brethren ANS Entertainment News features the best in music and entertainment news each and every day. We are also a leading niche syndicator of content for print, radio, TV, web and mobile."

MrNickel 06-05-2013 05:49 PM

I would get a ticket to Slane if Richie came back but it doesn't look like its gonna happen.

ticos_stick 06-05-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1136191)
I would get a ticket to Slane if Richie came back but it doesn't look like its gonna happen.

I would too, like a flash.

samborita 06-05-2013 05:54 PM

They are selling Manchester and Birmingham tickets in groupon

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/london/Bon-Jovi/22287267

Walkerboy 06-05-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samborita (Post 1136194)
They are selling Manchester and Birmingham tickets in groupon

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/london/Bon-Jovi/22287267

Already a thread for this news..... and you can get Cardiff/Sunderland too now

jessycardy 06-05-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1136105)
Probably just bullshit but I noticed this tweet:

@cabbage09: "@aaron_cutler @BonJoviTalk yea i was talkin 2 some1 cant say who richie in uk and talks are goin great with both of them"

That person claims to know Richie will be in the UK, doesn't say anything about Denmark though.

I looked it up to see what this is all about.

In the entire conversation he even claims that Richie's in the UK right now.

The thing is, judging by his other tweets and stuff, he's just a Bon Jovi fan like me or anybody else, I don't see how or why he would get to know these things. The "I know somebody that knows somebody" argument has already bored me to tears, to be honest.

Anyway, this is the link to the whole thing, for who's interested: https://twitter.com/cabbage09/status/342040672645312512

MrNickel 06-05-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1136208)
I looked it up to see what this is all about.

In the entire conversation he even claims that Richie's in the UK right now.

The thing is, judging by his other tweets and stuff, he's just a Bon Jovi fan like me or anybody else, I don't see how or why he would get to know these things. The "I know somebody that knows somebody" argument has already bored me to tears, to be honest.

Anyway, this is the link to the whole thing, for who's interested: https://twitter.com/cabbage09/status/342040672645312512

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images...ebe4fbe58.jpeg

I can't say I trust a guy like this.

Sissy3 06-05-2013 07:24 PM

If I were going to do a selfie I think I'd use another room. LOL Oh....just occurred to me, could he be sitting on the toilet? :shock:

gkkes 06-05-2013 07:29 PM

Follow the band across the Atlantic

http://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/N888WU

jessycardy 06-05-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1136211)
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images...ebe4fbe58.jpeg

I can't say I trust a guy like this.

Me neither. LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkkes (Post 1136213)
Follow the band across the Atlantic

http://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/N888WU

How do you know that's the flight? I would assume this kind of service doesn't track private planes like Bon Jovi's.

MrNickel 06-05-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1136212)
If I were going to do a selfie I think I'd use another room. LOL Oh....just occurred to me, could he be sitting on the toilet? :shock:

haha Well he's already talking shit, so I guess he's going through to the motions.

jessycardy 06-05-2013 07:41 PM

Oh, I see it now. You saw this picture on Matt's Twitter and looked the number up. Well, maybe Matt's on his own?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMAn_IiCQAEK03l.jpg

( https://twitter.com/MatthewBongiovi/...248384/photo/1 )

gkkes 06-05-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1136215)
How do you know that's the flight? I would assume this kind of service doesn't track private planes like Bon Jovi's.

Fed the registration from Matt's tweet picture into flight aware. N888WU is the plane being used for the tour.

Most commercial planes these days are fitted with Mode S transponders which are tracked. If you have Flightradar24 on any iDevice you may be able to track their movements around Europe....

jessycardy 06-05-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkkes (Post 1136220)
Fed the registration from Matt's tweet picture into flight aware. N888WU is the plane being used for the tour.

Most commercial planes these days are fitted with Mode S transponders which are tracked. If you have Flightradar24 on any iDevice you may be able to track their movements around Europe....

Yeah, I saw that after I posted. Also, he's not on his own 'cause he said he was on the band plane. I guess that's it, we can follow the band and make sure we don't miss the moment when they land and we can sniff for pictures! LOL

ticos_stick 06-05-2013 07:46 PM

You stalkers make me sick.

jessycardy 06-05-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1136222)
You stalkers make me sick.

Meh, I either do this well or I don't do it all and just wait on the couch for my phone to ring. I'm on this thread for a reason and on a mission. Oh, and this is also a way to entertain myself during the shitstorm. I make myself sick at times! It's all good. ;)

Sissy3 06-05-2013 07:57 PM

As usual Matt probably tweeted without thinking that people could track the jet. The only people who would benefit from this would be the people at the other end, I doubt any of us are gonna run and rent a jet to follow the flight path. LOL :D

jessycardy 06-05-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1136225)
As usual Matt probably tweeted without thinking that people could track the jet. The only people who would benefit from this would be the people at the other end, I doubt any of us are gonna run and rent a jet to follow the flight path. LOL :D

That's correct. It's all in good fun, really.

Speaking of good fun, stalking and "CONSPIRACIES!!11!11!", Lorenza Ponce posted this status on Facebook about half an hour ago:

"I'm heading to the midwest to attend my niece's high school graduation on Sunday. Can't wait to see her! Sometimes you just have to say NO to work and YES to family!"

She's TOTALLY hinting at Richie! OMG!!!11!

LOL